Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I ran 3 today, so I guess that means I am ready for a 5k next week :) my little guy is burning out so he's only coming along every other time,
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Tried running use just the Runkeeper app. Did 2.01 miles in 29:54. Pretty danged slow, but this gave me a better idea of the pace and distances. My Fitbit's a bit off. I could see there were times when the pace was under 13 minutes and some when it was well over 15. I'm going to keep trying the 2 mile distance for a while and see how the times hopefully get better. Then I'll work on the longer distance. I just joined a gym with an indoor track and will stop by tomorrow and see if maybe a flat track in less than uncomfortable heat and humidity will change things.
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm new! I'm trying to go straight from couch to 10k (I last ran about 4 years ago). I am doing 2 parts of C25K back to back - I did week 6 run 3 and week 6 run 2 back to back on Fri and it was exhausting!!! so, 25 min run, 5 min walk, 10 min run, 3 min walk, 10 run :sick:
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    First one I didn't finish today. Supposed to be running for 25 mins but 20 mins in I landed funny coming off a kerb and twisted my ankle :cry: Limped the rest f the way home.

hate it when that happens! I hope you recover quickly!!!
  • chantels1
    Options
    I am checking in, even though I have no intention of beginning the program for a couple weeks more. Right now I am 290lbs+. I don't think my knees could take even week 1. That said, years ago I did this program and it seriously worked. Those couple months were some of the best I ever had. I felt great. Was looking great. Oh well. I have to walk before I can run, but that doesn't mean I am already psyched to do this again!

Good for you!!! At least you are going to be well prepared, and won't risk injury!!! How long are you walking? Are you bumping up your pace? You can do intervals with walking too. slow walk for 5 min., then faster walk for a few, then slow back down. Until you try jogging for 30 seconds at a time...
  • chantels1
    Options
    Week two is complete. Yes, I did push myself and did 2 days in a row, but I think this early on, it's OK as long as you listen to your body. I took 4 days off earlier this week when my knees were sore. So I think it's all good.

Feel free to follow my progress if you like. http://www.rundouble.com/?page=map/12117031/UZ8N7U2KYX
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Well I went out early this morning and re-ran W5D3 as when I did it on Friday it felt like I was running in clown shoes my feet were dragging so much.

What a difference! Spooked when the voice chimed in to say I'd ran for 10mins (my prompt to turn around as I was on an out and back route today) as it had gone by so fast. Thought "I'll probably start to falter on the way back" but no, even at 20min I still felt like I could have gone on.

Feels so good to have the 20min run out of the way as I don't think I've ever run for this length of time in my life (I was 100m sprinter in school many years ago but the 400m used to kill me lol)

I'll definitely finish the program now although I'm sure there will be more bad runs along the way, the difference now is I know I've done it once, I can do it again :)
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    c210k W9D3 done. I cut the third (of 4) 10-minute interval in half and only ran 5 minutes of it, but somehow my overall distance was further. My 2mi-2.5mi split pace (which that walk break fell into) was a little faster than normal, and my last interval and 2.5mi-3mi split pace was WAY faster than normal but didn't really feel like it. My overall pace was a little faster than my average so I guess my body needed that walk break to refuel itself. Always remember to listen to your body. :smile:
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    WK2D1 Done!!! Wasn't too bad, but my running interval did slow down a bit. Not sure if it was the extra time or the humidity. I can't wait to see how the next run goes.
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    C2 10K
    Zen lab ap.
    W11 D1 down and done
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    W9D1 in the books. The Zen Labs app told me I graduated after week 8 but I won't consider myself graduated until after I do the three 30 minute runs this week. I got just over 3 miles in the 30 minute run today so I am feeling really good about hitting my goal of under 30 minutes for my first competitive 5K on August 3rd.
  • ws8996
    ws8996 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 1 on Saturday and was excited by completing 2.3 miles in the 30 minutes, so excited that I decided to see what I could do yesterday with no voice telling me when to stop running/walking. I did the same course yesterday and got 2.6 miles in 30 minutes and finished 5k (walking) by 35:38. Today I have pain everywhere so I am taking my first "off day" since I started the program.

Week 2 Day 1 tomorrow, gotta build that endurance to get to my sub-30 minute goal.
  • lisetteparks
    lisetteparks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today but I did a trial run of Week 1 Day 1. Yes I hurt and yes I didn't do very well, but I felt good.

Cheers and good luck everyone.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    5 to 10k, w2d2 done this morning in the rain!
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    W6D1 today.

My legs were a bit tired as I'd done W5D3 yesterday (slightly out of sync so thought I'd get back on track if I could) but managed it ok despite the heat - we're not used to dry sunny weather in the UK dagnammit! lol

As a reward for doing the 20min run yesterday I bought some new wicking tops and pants (I'd been using regular Tees and jogging pants up until now). Hopefully that will help me deal with the heat a little better :)
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did my first run on the regular streets (i.e. not on the High School track). I ran 2.75 miles (longest run to date). I had a pace of roughly 11:50 per mile, with which I am very happy. I am convinced now that the 5K I have set for next Sunday is totally do-able for me. :)
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W9 D1 done. It was incredibly hot - like, the sweat was just pouring out every pore omg I was dripping - but I made it!! YAY!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Did Rundouble W4 Day 1 today. I wasn't able to complete it. I did the first 3 min. interval, had to walk twice for about 15 seconds each time during the first 5 minute interval, I did the second 3 minute interval, but could only run about a minute of the last 5 minute interval. Should I go back to week 3 or should I keep attempting W4 Day 1 until I get it? I knew I would have trouble with it, but really disappointed that I couldn't do more than a minute of the last interval.
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I did W7D3 today :smile:
  • ws8996
    ws8996 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    THIS IS HUGE! So today was my 2nd "off day" in a row before I start Week 2 tomorrow evening. I took the nice weather as an opportunity to really run as far as I could while keeping a steady pace (and walking when I ran out of breath many times.) Well, I finished a 5k distance in 33:47, which is almost 4 minutes off my goal but still feels nice after a week of low intensity endurance training. I posted my joy on Facebook and my close friend (who runs a 16:20 easily) said that he was impressed! Never thought I could feel good after running, but my night was made!