Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I did w7d2 this morning. Wasn't sure if I was going to make it, but I did and I ran 26 minutes instead of 25, just because I felt good and wanted to see if I could do it. I am looking forward to week 8. When I woke up this morning I had a headache and didn't feel well. Once I drank some coffee and started my warmup walk, I felt much better.

Funny, I ran same day today and ran longer too.

Haha that is funny.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    W2D2 down! I started my run just before 7. It was the perfect weather: 68 or so and breezy.

Today's runs felt hard! Not sure if it was because I was under hydrated, under rested or didn't workout last week.
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I finished W1R3 last night. I found it quite easy. I am not going to be home tomorrow so will be a day behind. I will have to make up for it on Saturday.

Hope everyone else is having a good week.
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, but I finished Week 7, Day 1!!!

I attempted this workout on Monday, but had really bad side cramps about halfway through and ended up walking most of it. So I didn't count that one.

Yesterday was my birthday, and I rocked it! I went super slow, but I focused on my breathing and didn't stop once. I did once or twice start to feel a cramp coming on, so I just took some really deep breaths. I feel better having worked on the breathing and look forward to a successful run tomorrow!
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I just finished W6D3. Was aggravating as all get out because my phone completely shut down twice mid run. (Ahhhh can't wait for my new phone!!!!!)

BUT I ended up running 25 min instead of 22. I got further from my starting point than I thought I would get so I figured I'd practice and run a little bit more to prep for 5k.

I've been running with my littlest and jogging stroller this week. Seems like my running is slower as a result. Has anyone else had this happen?
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    good job working through the cramps, Putcake! Hope that goes away for you...

Wk 9D2 DONE! I still struggle to get my arms and legs in rhythm for the first mile, but then it's golden after that. Even increased my 1st mile time slightly! Can't wait for Saturday - C25K GRADUATION DAY!!!! I'm going to run in my tutu :)
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Great running everyone! Just keep going, it is worth it!

I just did W8D1 and was shocked at my performance once the cooling down began, because I ran both farther and with the worst side stitch yet. I just can't believe that I'm almost done! And when Laura said that there is only one minute left, I told myself two more minutes won't kill me in week 9. So I'm practically done already LOL
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for Saturday - C25K GRADUATION DAY!!!! I'm going to run in my tutu :)
    I wish I could see it! Have fun!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    W6D3 done... that is the 20min run on my program.. I don't think I have ever run for 20 minutes in my life until 30 minutes ago WHOOOOOOOO

4.83km in 35:52 including WU/CD Average pace 7:75min/km
    Run Pace 6:42min/km
    Walk pace 8:30min/km

I didn't feel like I was going to die by the time I got the cool down ding, I felt it earlier, but that's from the hill I was running up LOL
    Honestly felt like I could have kept going for some time yet, though I went into my cool down. I don't want to do too much too soon and considering I have a 10-20km walk/hike/jog every weekend at the moment on top of the C25K I do what the program says and nothing more.
    Can't wait for Saturday - C25K GRADUATION DAY!!!! I'm going to run in my tutu :)
    We want pictures!! :)
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    2nspc7b.png

W6D3!!!!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    Options
    I did W7D3 this morning. I actually ran for 30 minutes. I just felt like going further since I have 2 days between runs instead of 1. I run on MWF. I think I had a good week. I did increase my speed a little too. I do 5 minutes of stretching before and after I run in addition to the wu/cd walks. At my age I am afraid of injuries, so I am taking precautions.

I hope everyone is doing great.
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    AglaeaC - great job on W8D1!

Great job ALL!

completed W7D3 this morning at 5:30am. Maybe I am a morning person??? I feel great.

Happy Friday to everyone!
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    today was a good day. did a 35 minute run. wow. MashAllah :)
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    W1D2 today. decided to not push so hard on the running and ensure that my walking intervals are all sub 10min/km

succeeded. total distance was slightly further than w1d1 and i could have probably gone a bit harder
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    good job working through the cramps, Putcake! Hope that goes away for you...

Wk 9D2 DONE! I still struggle to get my arms and legs in rhythm for the first mile, but then it's golden after that. Even increased my 1st mile time slightly! Can't wait for Saturday - C25K GRADUATION DAY!!!! I'm going to run in my tutu :)

Congrats in advance! I have to work this weekend so I won't be able to congratulate you properly.
  • CherylP67
    Options
    W6D3 done... that is the 20min run on my program.. I don't think I have ever run for 20 minutes in my life until 30 minutes ago WHOOOOOOOO

4.83km in 35:52 including WU/CD Average pace 7:75min/km
    Run Pace 6:42min/km
    Walk pace 8:30min/km

I didn't feel like I was going to die by the time I got the cool down ding, I felt it earlier, but that's from the hill I was running up LOL
    Honestly felt like I could have kept going for some time yet, though I went into my cool down. I don't want to do too much too soon and considering I have a 10-20km walk/hike/jog every weekend at the moment on top of the C25K I do what the program says and nothing more.
    We want pictures!! :)

Yes! That 20 minute run has been one of the most satisfying moments on my journey to good health.
  • CherylP67
    Options
    I did W7D3 this morning. I actually ran for 30 minutes. I just felt like going further since I have 2 days between runs instead of 1. I run on MWF. I think I had a good week. I did increase my speed a little too. I do 5 minutes of stretching before and after I run in addition to the wu/cd walks. At my age I am afraid of injuries, so I am taking precautions.

I hope everyone is doing great.

Awesome, we're on the same schedule!

I'm also working on strength training and spent an hour with a personal trainer last night. My run wasn't nearly as enjoyable and I was glad when the 25 minutes were up.
  • CherylP67
    Options
    AglaeaC - great job on W8D1!

Great job ALL!

completed W7D3 this morning at 5:30am. Maybe I am a morning person??? I feel great.

Happy Friday to everyone!

Yes! Me too! I love running in the morning.
  • CherylP67
    Options
    W7D3 is complete.

I'm working on strength training 2-3 times a week and the increased intensity of that and my increasing run length are combining to make it less enjoyable.

Today on my run I was telling myself terrible things like "maybe you should focus on strength training" "remember why you hate cardio?" "how much longer?" My legs were sore from the training I worked on last night. I talked sense into myself and realized that I am strong enough to do this and nothing worthwhile is easy. I wasn't in any pain, just having an off day.

Once I was about 15 minutes into the run I was better.

I'm proud of myself for pushing through, the old me would not have held myself accountable to complete my run; I would have said, you worked hard last night, you can walk now.

I feel so good now, bring on Week 8!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    Options
    Cheryl, I have been doing strength training too. I do it on Tuesdays and Thursdays and either Saturday or Sunday. Yesterday I rode my bike 22 miles in the wind. I was so tired. It was a lot harder riding against the wind. I thought it would affect today's run, but it didn't, I must have recovered enough.