Participant Updates

Options

Replies

• tenilleless
    tenilleless Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Just FYI: I'm bumping up my calories, but I'm no longer going to eat exercise calories. I'm switching to the TDEE-20% method since I think it'll be healthier in the long run. I was already dealing with some lethargy and a few of my friends have been mentioning that I haven't been myself since starting, so hopefully this'll perk me back up. :happy: I've also finally figured out how to do emoticons on this site. Woo! :laugh:
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Yay! :happy:

I've heard the best way to lose weight is by taking it slowly. I aim for 2,000 calories a day. It sounds like a lot, but at my weight I'm losing at that number. It's coming off slowly, but it *is* coming off, and, more importantly, I'm sticking with my program.
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Another NSV!

I'm down four pant sizes! Last June I wore a size 20... today, 16! Yay!

Fabulous! What a great testament to your hard work! I am pulling for you more than anyone else, as you have been so generous with your time and effort as our leader!

So, if your clothes are sized the way ours are, you are in a "normal" size now. I am so looking forward to the day I don't have to shop in the "Women's" or "Plus Size" departments. It is a ways off, but I am hoping by the summer to be in a size 16 also (Could that really be true? That I could shop in the regular size clothes?)

Yay for you!
  • caradae
    Options
    Another NSV!

I'm down four pant sizes! Last June I wore a size 20... today, 16! Yay!

Fabulous! What a great testament to your hard work! I am pulling for you more than anyone else, as you have been so generous with your time and effort as our leader!

So, if your clothes are sized the way ours are, you are in a "normal" size now. I am so looking forward to the day I don't have to shop in the "Women's" or "Plus Size" departments. It is a ways off, but I am hoping by the summer to be in a size 16 also (Could that really be true? That I could shop in the regular size clothes?)

Yay for you!

Yeah, I'd say 16 is on the larger end of normal. Back in May, when I was still looking for a job, I found to my horror that, at my newly acquired size 20, I had to shop at specialty plus-size stores if I wanted to find an interview suit that fit. That's where I drew the line. Thanks, guys, for helping me get back into a 16.
  • GrandMaKandy
    GrandMaKandy Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    NSV update:

Neck: = 12/6: 14.5" ~ 14/10: ~ 13.5" Loss: 1.0"
    Bust: = 12/6: 39" ~ 14/10: ~ 36" Loss: 3.0"
    Waist: = 12/6: 36" ~ 14/10: ~ 29" Loss: 7.0"
    Hips: = 12/6: 42" ~ 14/10: ~ 39" Loss: 3.0"
    BMI: = 12/6: 29.1 ~ 14/10: ~ 24.3 (within ideal target range)
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    It is so motivating to read all the success stories, well done to everyone.
  • auntiecorri
    Options
    Good morning October Challenge Group-

It is Day 15 and I've lost five pounds since starting this challenge :happy: !!!

Hope you all are experiencing similar results.
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options

It is Day 15 and I've lost five pounds since starting this challenge :happy: !!!

That is AWESOME!! Gotta be feeling pretty good today, huh?? :bigsmile:
  • caradae
    Options
    NSV update:

Neck: = 12/6: 14.5" ~ 14/10: ~ 13.5" Loss: 1.0"
    Bust: = 12/6: 39" ~ 14/10: ~ 36" Loss: 3.0"
    Waist: = 12/6: 36" ~ 14/10: ~ 29" Loss: 7.0"
    Hips: = 12/6: 42" ~ 14/10: ~ 39" Loss: 3.0"
    BMI: = 12/6: 29.1 ~ 14/10: ~ 24.3 (within ideal target range)

That's great news! I love seeing hard work pay off.
  • caradae
    Options

Very nice!! I haven't lost any weight this month, but my clothes are looser.
  • margieparkins
    Options
    Happy happy happy people!
  • lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    We had a great time at the zoo even in the rain. I think that maybe our grandson was a little too young (14 months) he didn't really respond to any of the animals. Oh well next time they come down for a visit (about 1x a year).
    I'm going to see a dietician this morning. I want her to look at my food diary I think I am either getting too much of something and or not enough of something since the scale just isn't really moving.
    Oh and I so need to vent....it is probably no big deal BUT first thing this morning it really made me mad as heck.....
    I come into work, go to the kitchenette to put up my food. I keep a plate and bowl in the cubbard along with a sleeve of crackers for those days when I want soup. (I keep my fork, spoon and knife locked up in my desk). Today is a soup day, I open up the cubbard and my plate is GONE and so are my crackers. There in the sink is my plate!!!!!!!! WTH.... who uses someone elses plate and doesn't EVEN have enough respect to wash it?????????? I left "them" a note; wonder how long MY plate will stay in the sink before it is washed???? Starting Monday I will bring a new plate and bowl and lock it up in my desk. Actually in the big picture of things I don't mind to let someone use any of my stuff but please ask and if you don't ask have the coutesy to wash it and put it back. Ok I'm done :bigsmile:
    Hope everyone has an awesome day
  • lisamac62
    Options
    Saw the dietician today .... she told me that my food diary looked great the only changes I need to make are 25 or more fiber grams, change my carbs to 150 g aday and up my protein to 80 g aday. Eat no less than 1300 cal a day. I am NOT eating enough calories at lunch and would be a good idea to have 4 eggwhites for breakfast instead of 3. I also need to change my exercise to 2 days strength, 2 days cardio and 2 days use my walk away the pounds video.
  • caradae
    Options
    Oh and I so need to vent....it is probably no big deal BUT first thing this morning it really made me mad as heck.....
    I come into work, go to the kitchenette to put up my food. I keep a plate and bowl in the cubbard along with a sleeve of crackers for those days when I want soup. (I keep my fork, spoon and knife locked up in my desk). Today is a soup day, I open up the cubbard and my plate is GONE and so are my crackers. There in the sink is my plate!!!!!!!! WTH.... who uses someone elses plate and doesn't EVEN have enough respect to wash it?????????? I left "them" a note; wonder how long MY plate will stay in the sink before it is washed???? Starting Monday I will bring a new plate and bowl and lock it up in my desk. Actually in the big picture of things I don't mind to let someone use any of my stuff but please ask and if you don't ask have the coutesy to wash it and put it back. Ok I'm done :bigsmile:
    Hope everyone has an awesome day

How rude of that person! Who DOES that? They used your bowl (eew.... I'm sure you don't have cooties, but using anyone else's dishes is just gross), didn't clean it, and ate your crackers. SO rude. I would be so mad.
  • margieparkins
    Options
    Saw the dietician today .... she told me that my food diary looked great the only changes I need to make are 25 or more fiber grams, change my carbs to 150 g aday and up my protein to 80 g aday. Eat no less than 1300 cal a day. I am NOT eating enough calories at lunch and would be a good idea to have 4 eggwhites for breakfast instead of 3. I also need to change my exercise to 2 days strength, 2 days cardio and 2 days use my walk away the pounds video.

Lisa you are doing great, don't worry about your scales, hows your clothes feeling?
  • lisamac62
    Options

Lisa you are doing great, don't worry about your scales, hows your clothes feeling?

thanks Margie...I wanted to make sure I was getting enough of the right things. My clothes ..... some are feeling a LOT looser I should get rid of those, some are fitting a lot better. That pair of "skinny jeans" I'm still not comfortable wearing I get a "muffin top" when I put them on LOL. So, am I not comfortable wearing them because they REALLY do fit and I'm just used to wearing pants and jeans that are so loose?????? :laugh: :laugh: I'm not big on change but I'm getting better :bigsmile: My TOPS group is having a fundraiser yard sale on Nov 9 I am going through my closet and getting rid of ALL those "fat clothes" and what doesn't sale will go to Goodwill or the Collation for battered women or both, we haven't voted on where that stuff is going yet. BUT those "fat clothes" are NOT coming home with me :bigsmile:
  • Redbean2013
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I've been trying to lose weight and diet for years but still nothing much changed. Because I either almost eat nothing for days and it indeed came back where I was quickly once I started eating normally, or I rewarded myself big meals at midnight when I feel stressful.
    I hate keep trying like this for years. Time to get some real results!

Thanks Caradae open this group.

Let's get to our goal together.
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    thanks Margie...I wanted to make sure I was getting enough of the right things. My clothes ..... some are feeling a LOT looser I should get rid of those, some are fitting a lot better. That pair of "skinny jeans" I'm still not comfortable wearing I get a "muffin top" when I put them on LOL. So, am I not comfortable wearing them because they REALLY do fit and I'm just used to wearing pants and jeans that are so loose?????? :laugh: :laugh: I'm not big on change but I'm getting better :bigsmile: My TOPS group is having a fundraiser yard sale on Nov 9 I am going through my closet and getting rid of ALL those "fat clothes" and what doesn't sale will go to Goodwill or the Collation for battered women or both, we haven't voted on where that stuff is going yet. BUT those "fat clothes" are NOT coming home with me :bigsmile:
    [/quote]

:flowerforyou:
    SUGGESTION ONLY: Keep one pair of jeans and/or one shirt of your biggest size. You will be amazed when you reach your goal and hold those up to your NEW BODY!!! :love:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    lisamac62 I just looked at your profile....you are ALMOST my neighbor!!! Well, hello!!!! :drinker:
  • lisamac62
    Options
    lisamac62 I just looked at your profile....you are ALMOST my neighbor!!! Well, hello!!!! :drinker:

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE LOVE it here I wouldn't move back to my home state for anything. I have been here almost 4 years. My high school sweetheart moved here in the 80's, we found each other on classmates.com were both going through divorces and realized that we still had feelings for each other. I packed up everything I couldn't live without, told my family bye and hit the road. I have never been happier in my life. The man of my dreams, sunshine, the ocean and NO SNOW.