JMBR start 9/30/13

Replies

• ngraysmith
    ngraysmith Posts: 46 Member

I had real trouble with my knees last time I did this program but I'm having no trouble at all this time. I am focussing really hard on form especially with things like lunges which my knees just hate. I am going slower than the cast generally so not doing as many reps but making sure my reps are good. I think half of my knee problems came from rushing through the exercises to keep up which didn't give me time to do them with good knee alignment. This time I'm not worrying about keeping up with them as long as I am doing reps consistently for the entire time and doing them well.

Just what I should have done with the side lunges. Sigh.
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    I did something to my left quad and hamstring today during Workout 4. Made the mistake of trying to keep up with the group during side lunges instead of concentrating on form! I did finish the workout and even did 10 minutes of TurboJam Learn and Burn afterwards, but it definitely hurts. Cardio day tomorrow, then workout 3 on Monday. Hopefully it will feel better by then!

Any thoughts on how to help it recover? I did rub it with some "recovery cream" I have and getting ready to take a hot shower.

Rest is best. There's a difference between sore and injured. If the pain feels like you've done something really bad you need to rest it. If you're okay to walk on it etc then it's likely okay, just take it easy! Heat and ice are both nice.
  • ktno1
    I've been so slack this weekend. I've taken two days off and my motivation today is low :( I need to try to do cardio 1 AND workout 3 today so I can catch up but I just don't see that happening. I'll definitely do the cardio at least.
  • ktno1
    Ok I got cardio 1 done for the second last time ever (WOO!) Now to have a rest after eating and bust out workout 3 for the last time ever :)
  • KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    HI everyone! Hope your all having a good weekend! Okay, as promised I'm posting my Phase 1 results-

Weight loss (As of Friday) 5.5lbs (currently is 7)
    Pant size (depending on the brand) 1-2 down
    Neck- .5
    Right Thigh- 2
    Left Thigh- 0
    Waist (Above belly button) 2.5
    Hips- 1
    Right Arm (2in from arm pit) .5
    Left Arm (2in from arm pit) .5
    Bust- 2

Total 9in off my body!

Phase 2 starts tomorrow!!
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    KMJ1686- Awesome results! You must be doing extremely well with nutrition as well. Keep up the great work.

Kristi
  • ktno1
    HI everyone! Hope your all having a good weekend! Okay, as promised I'm posting my Phase 1 results-

Neck- .5
    Right Thigh- 2
    Left Thigh- 0
    Hips- 1
    Bust- 2

Total 9in off my body!

That is absolutely amazing! Congratulations! I'll be posting mine in a few days. Hopefully there's some change to see. Let's kick phase 2's butt! :)
  • KMJ1686
    Thanks!! I do pretty good for my calorie goal...I'm between 1200-1400 and I don't eat back my calories. I also do Zumba twice a week. My weekends are my down fall lol But I'm pleased with the results. Makes me really want to start Phase 2!

~Kristen
  • ktno1
    Just did workout 3 for the last time EVER! :D

I kept up with everything for the entire time. The ONLY thing I modified was doing the plankups on my knees and some of the pushups on my knees (but I got about 5 military ones in each time!!!)

So excited and proud! Tomorrow is workout 4 for the last time ever and then (most excitingly) cardio 1 FOR THE LAST TIME EVER.

Wooo! I'm excited to see what my phase one results are! :)

Keep motivated ladies!!!
  • KMJ1686

I kept up with everything for the entire time. The ONLY thing I modified was doing the plankups on my knees and some of the pushups on my knees (but I got about 5 military ones in each time!!!)

So excited and proud! Tomorrow is workout 4 for the last time ever and then (most excitingly) cardio 1 FOR THE LAST TIME EVER.

Keep motivated ladies!!!

That's great!! :smile:

I was able to keep up with everything too except for a few things, I started doing the plankups on my knees towards the end, and push ups were always "girly style" Cardio I had to swap out the suicides to run back and forth in my living room as fast as I could, but other than that I thought I did pretty well for Phase 1. Excited and nervous to start Phase 2 today.

Have a great day ladies!!! :happy:
  • Claude1985
    Claude1985 Posts: 23 Member
    I am also starting phase 2 today! Yeah, a new cardio!
    I took my mesurments also on the weekend...

Lost 4 pounds
    - 0.5 chest
    -1 inch bum area (I always measure 2 inches after the belly button)
    gained 1 inch in the legs

Can't wait to see if a lose more inches in phase 2. I want to get back at my pre-pregnancy self.

Good luck every one and keep doing it!!
  • ktno1

Lost 4 pounds
    - 0.5 chest

Can't wait to see if a lose more inches in phase 2. I want to get back at my pre-pregnancy self.

Congratulations! That's awesome! :) All the best for phase 2!
  • KMJ1686

Lost 4 pounds
    - 0.5 chest

Awesome!! I've read Phase 2 is where most people loose weight/inches, good luck!!
  • ngraysmith

Neck- .5
    Right Thigh- 2
    Left Thigh- 0
    Hips- 1
    Bust- 2

Total 9in off my body!

That is absolutely amazing! Congratulations! I'll be posting mine in a few days. Hopefully there's some change to see. Let's kick phase 2's butt! :)

Yes amazing results! I'm still thinking about taking an extra week in Phase one...we'll see how I feel after this week (Week 4).
  • ngraysmith

Keep motivated ladies!!!

Wow - I can't wait to be able to do 1 military pushup - maybe by March I'll be able to do 5! That is so awesome!
  • ktno1

Keep motivated ladies!!!

Wow - I can't wait to be able to do 1 military pushup - maybe by March I'll be able to do 5! That is so awesome!

I've been trying to do them for about 5 years haha and it's finally happening!

Also as for doing an extra week, Jillian herself says to do so if you're struggling to keep up. At the same time, I guess we should try to push ourselves. I could easily do another week of phase 1 to get even better at the workouts, but they aren't really challenging me anymore. I can keep up and do all the moves (with a few modifications) and I don't feel like I'm dying when I finish them. So even though I wish I could do all the military pushups and do plankups on my toes not my knees, I'm going to move ahead to Phase 2 as planned because I want to keep challenging my body. Also if I do these same workouts much more I'm going to get bored and my motivation level will plummet!

It's a personal decision obviously and only you know how you're feeling, but I guess I thought I'd share my thoughts.
  • ngraysmith
    Good luck to everyone starting Phase 2 today! I can't decide whether I am envious or just plain scared for you all ;)

I am DONE with Cardio 1. Just can't make myself do it anymore. Yesterday was my cardio day and instead I did 15 minutes of BFBM, walked a mile (in my new sneakers -hooray!) and then did the 20 minute Learn and Burn from Turbo Jam. So, plenty of cardio. I am planning on doing Turbo Jam or walking/jogging for cardio from now on.

So, last night around bedtime my whole body started to hurt and by this morning my feet and hands were swollen. Now, I am about to get my monthly visit from Aunt Flo, so maybe that is why I am retaining all this water, and maybe it is because of all the exercising I have been doing lately? Whatever it is, I am resting today and plan on starting Week 4 tomorrow 'cause I hurt!
  • ngraysmith

Keep motivated ladies!!!

I've been trying to do them for about 5 years haha and it's finally happening!

Also as for doing an extra week, Jillian herself says to do so if you're struggling to keep up. At the same time, I guess we should try to push ourselves. I could easily do another week of phase 1 to get even better at the workouts, but they aren't really challenging me anymore. I can keep up and do all the moves (with a few modifications) and I don't feel like I'm dying when I finish them. So even though I wish I could do all the military pushups and do plankups on my toes not my knees, I'm going to move ahead to Phase 2 as planned because I want to keep challenging my body. Also if I do these same workouts much more I'm going to get bored and my motivation level will plummet!

It's a personal decision obviously and only you know how you're feeling, but I guess I thought I'd share my thoughts.

Thanks for sharing! I am still struggling to even maintain plank for 30 seconds, and I think it will be fun to try Workouts 1 and 2 again and see if I can keep up better, so right now I am still planning on it. We'll see how I feel at the end of the week though - I maybe read to move on!
  • ktno1
    Thanks for sharing! I am still struggling to even maintain plank for 30 seconds, and I think it will be fun to try Workouts 1 and 2 again and see if I can keep up better, so right now I am still planning on it. We'll see how I feel at the end of the week though - I maybe read to move on!

Keep us posted. We're here for support regardless :)
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Just thought I'd post my results for phase one.
    I lost half an inch everywhere except my thighs where I lost an inch.
    On the upper chest (just below the arm pit) I actually gained an inch! I was really pleased with that because my upper body is quite weedy so I guess all those weight exercises must be working.
    Weight loss wise it was only 4lbs but a lot of people don't seem to drop a lot in phase one so again I'm happy with that. I don't follow Jillian's food plan because I just don't get on well with set meal plans like that. I stick to around 1,700 cals a day which seems to be good for me at the moment,
    I'm now on week 6 and I wont take measurements again until the end of phase 2 but I'm certainly seeing some positive changes so I'm quite excited about the results.
  • KMJ1686
    Good luck to everyone starting Phase 2 today! I can't decide whether I am envious or just plain scared for you all ;)

I am DONE with Cardio 1. Just can't make myself do it anymore. Yesterday was my cardio day and instead I did 15 minutes of BFBM, walked a mile (in my new sneakers -hooray!) and then did the 20 minute Learn and Burn from Turbo Jam. So, plenty of cardio. I am planning on doing Turbo Jam or walking/jogging for cardio from now on.

So, last night around bedtime my whole body started to hurt and by this morning my feet and hands were swollen. Now, I am about to get my monthly visit from Aunt Flo, so maybe that is why I am retaining all this water, and maybe it is because of all the exercising I have been doing lately? Whatever it is, I am resting today and plan on starting Week 4 tomorrow 'cause I hurt!

Haha I'm scared lol on Friday I watched 10 mins of it and was tired just watching lol The warmup alone could be part of a circuit! I'll let you all know how I'm feeling in a few hours after I complete it!

I just bought Turbo Jam...seems to be a favorite around here. I bought the one that had 5 programs in it. Looking forward to getting that today and trying it out if I don't like the cardio 2 DVD lol

Good choice! Rest is always good---always listen to your body!
  • KMJ1686
    Just thought I'd post my results for phase one.
    I lost half an inch everywhere except my thighs where I lost an inch.
    On the upper chest (just below the arm pit) I actually gained an inch! I was really pleased with that because my upper body is quite weedy so I guess all those weight exercises must be working.
    Weight loss wise it was only 4lbs but a lot of people don't seem to drop a lot in phase one so again I'm happy with that. I don't follow Jillian's food plan because I just don't get on well with set meal plans like that. I stick to around 1,700 cals a day which seems to be good for me at the moment,
    I'm now on week 6 and I wont take measurements again until the end of phase 2 but I'm certainly seeing some positive changes so I'm quite excited about the results.

Awesome!! :smile:
    I don't follow her food plan either, I'm to picky and it's all food I don't eat! I stick to around 1200-1400 and don't eat any of my calories back.

Great results so far!!!
  • KMJ1686
    Woah! Workout 5 is tough lol
  • ktno1

lol I watched it last night to refresh my memory and yeah.....NOT looking forward to it :/
  • KMJ1686

lol I watched it last night to refresh my memory and yeah.....NOT looking forward to it :/

I'm scared for workout 6 :noway:
  • ktno1

I remember liking that one a lot more than 5 for some reason. I guess "like" is a strong word though.
  • KMJ1686

I remember liking that one a lot more than 5 for some reason. I guess "like" is a strong word though.

Haha I will agree with the word "like" because I "liked" workout 4 better than 3 lol...I'll let you know if I'm on the same page as you later.
  • ngraysmith
    Apparently the swelling and pain I had yesterday are here to stay. I have fifth disease, caught from the kids. My joints are killing me lot of tingling and itching and just walking up the stairs is exhausting. So it looks like I am out for at least the next few days. I can't believe I am missing exercising but I am.
  • KMJ1686
    Apparently the swelling and pain I had yesterday are here to stay. I have fifth disease, caught from the kids. My joints are killing me lot of tingling and itching and just walking up the stairs is exhausting. So it looks like I am out for at least the next few days. I can't believe I am missing exercising but I am.

Feel better soon!!!
  • KMJ1686
    Ok...workout 6....I "like" it better than workout 5 and find it "easier"...didn't do much yelling or telling Jillian off as much as I did yesterday lol still sweat my butt off and I can totally feel I'm getting much stronger! I was able to keep up more:happy: ...FYI for people who don't like running man...it's backkkkk :noway: lol It's a cardio interval :grumble: All of circuit 4 is abs! I know I'll be feeling that tomorrow!

-Kristen