JMBR start 9/30/13

Options

Replies

• Claude1985
    Claude1985 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am also starting phase 2 today! Yeah, a new cardio!
    I took my mesurments also on the weekend...

Lost 4 pounds
    - 0.5 chest
    -1 inch bum area (I always measure 2 inches after the belly button)
    gained 1 inch in the legs

Can't wait to see if a lose more inches in phase 2. I want to get back at my pre-pregnancy self.

Good luck every one and keep doing it!!
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options

Lost 4 pounds
    - 0.5 chest

Can't wait to see if a lose more inches in phase 2. I want to get back at my pre-pregnancy self.

Congratulations! That's awesome! :) All the best for phase 2!
  • KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Lost 4 pounds
    - 0.5 chest

Awesome!! I've read Phase 2 is where most people loose weight/inches, good luck!!
  • ngraysmith
    ngraysmith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    HI everyone! Hope your all having a good weekend! Okay, as promised I'm posting my Phase 1 results-

Weight loss (As of Friday) 5.5lbs (currently is 7)
    Pant size (depending on the brand) 1-2 down
    Neck- .5
    Right Thigh- 2
    Left Thigh- 0
    Waist (Above belly button) 2.5
    Hips- 1
    Right Arm (2in from arm pit) .5
    Left Arm (2in from arm pit) .5
    Bust- 2

Total 9in off my body!

Phase 2 starts tomorrow!!

That is absolutely amazing! Congratulations! I'll be posting mine in a few days. Hopefully there's some change to see. Let's kick phase 2's butt! :)

Yes amazing results! I'm still thinking about taking an extra week in Phase one...we'll see how I feel after this week (Week 4).
  • ngraysmith
    Options
    Just did workout 3 for the last time EVER! :D

I kept up with everything for the entire time. The ONLY thing I modified was doing the plankups on my knees and some of the pushups on my knees (but I got about 5 military ones in each time!!!)

So excited and proud! Tomorrow is workout 4 for the last time ever and then (most excitingly) cardio 1 FOR THE LAST TIME EVER.

Wooo! I'm excited to see what my phase one results are! :)

Keep motivated ladies!!!

Wow - I can't wait to be able to do 1 military pushup - maybe by March I'll be able to do 5! That is so awesome!
  • ktno1
    Options

I kept up with everything for the entire time. The ONLY thing I modified was doing the plankups on my knees and some of the pushups on my knees (but I got about 5 military ones in each time!!!)

So excited and proud! Tomorrow is workout 4 for the last time ever and then (most excitingly) cardio 1 FOR THE LAST TIME EVER.

Keep motivated ladies!!!

Wow - I can't wait to be able to do 1 military pushup - maybe by March I'll be able to do 5! That is so awesome!

I've been trying to do them for about 5 years haha and it's finally happening!

Also as for doing an extra week, Jillian herself says to do so if you're struggling to keep up. At the same time, I guess we should try to push ourselves. I could easily do another week of phase 1 to get even better at the workouts, but they aren't really challenging me anymore. I can keep up and do all the moves (with a few modifications) and I don't feel like I'm dying when I finish them. So even though I wish I could do all the military pushups and do plankups on my toes not my knees, I'm going to move ahead to Phase 2 as planned because I want to keep challenging my body. Also if I do these same workouts much more I'm going to get bored and my motivation level will plummet!

It's a personal decision obviously and only you know how you're feeling, but I guess I thought I'd share my thoughts.
  • ngraysmith
    Options
    Good luck to everyone starting Phase 2 today! I can't decide whether I am envious or just plain scared for you all ;)

I am DONE with Cardio 1. Just can't make myself do it anymore. Yesterday was my cardio day and instead I did 15 minutes of BFBM, walked a mile (in my new sneakers -hooray!) and then did the 20 minute Learn and Burn from Turbo Jam. So, plenty of cardio. I am planning on doing Turbo Jam or walking/jogging for cardio from now on.

So, last night around bedtime my whole body started to hurt and by this morning my feet and hands were swollen. Now, I am about to get my monthly visit from Aunt Flo, so maybe that is why I am retaining all this water, and maybe it is because of all the exercising I have been doing lately? Whatever it is, I am resting today and plan on starting Week 4 tomorrow 'cause I hurt!
  • ngraysmith
    Options

Keep motivated ladies!!!

I've been trying to do them for about 5 years haha and it's finally happening!

Also as for doing an extra week, Jillian herself says to do so if you're struggling to keep up. At the same time, I guess we should try to push ourselves. I could easily do another week of phase 1 to get even better at the workouts, but they aren't really challenging me anymore. I can keep up and do all the moves (with a few modifications) and I don't feel like I'm dying when I finish them. So even though I wish I could do all the military pushups and do plankups on my toes not my knees, I'm going to move ahead to Phase 2 as planned because I want to keep challenging my body. Also if I do these same workouts much more I'm going to get bored and my motivation level will plummet!

It's a personal decision obviously and only you know how you're feeling, but I guess I thought I'd share my thoughts.

Thanks for sharing! I am still struggling to even maintain plank for 30 seconds, and I think it will be fun to try Workouts 1 and 2 again and see if I can keep up better, so right now I am still planning on it. We'll see how I feel at the end of the week though - I maybe read to move on!
  • ktno1
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I am still struggling to even maintain plank for 30 seconds, and I think it will be fun to try Workouts 1 and 2 again and see if I can keep up better, so right now I am still planning on it. We'll see how I feel at the end of the week though - I maybe read to move on!

Keep us posted. We're here for support regardless :)
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd post my results for phase one.
    I lost half an inch everywhere except my thighs where I lost an inch.
    On the upper chest (just below the arm pit) I actually gained an inch! I was really pleased with that because my upper body is quite weedy so I guess all those weight exercises must be working.
    Weight loss wise it was only 4lbs but a lot of people don't seem to drop a lot in phase one so again I'm happy with that. I don't follow Jillian's food plan because I just don't get on well with set meal plans like that. I stick to around 1,700 cals a day which seems to be good for me at the moment,
    I'm now on week 6 and I wont take measurements again until the end of phase 2 but I'm certainly seeing some positive changes so I'm quite excited about the results.
  • KMJ1686
    Options
    Good luck to everyone starting Phase 2 today! I can't decide whether I am envious or just plain scared for you all ;)

I am DONE with Cardio 1. Just can't make myself do it anymore. Yesterday was my cardio day and instead I did 15 minutes of BFBM, walked a mile (in my new sneakers -hooray!) and then did the 20 minute Learn and Burn from Turbo Jam. So, plenty of cardio. I am planning on doing Turbo Jam or walking/jogging for cardio from now on.

So, last night around bedtime my whole body started to hurt and by this morning my feet and hands were swollen. Now, I am about to get my monthly visit from Aunt Flo, so maybe that is why I am retaining all this water, and maybe it is because of all the exercising I have been doing lately? Whatever it is, I am resting today and plan on starting Week 4 tomorrow 'cause I hurt!

Haha I'm scared lol on Friday I watched 10 mins of it and was tired just watching lol The warmup alone could be part of a circuit! I'll let you all know how I'm feeling in a few hours after I complete it!

I just bought Turbo Jam...seems to be a favorite around here. I bought the one that had 5 programs in it. Looking forward to getting that today and trying it out if I don't like the cardio 2 DVD lol

Good choice! Rest is always good---always listen to your body!
  • KMJ1686
    Options
    Just thought I'd post my results for phase one.
    I lost half an inch everywhere except my thighs where I lost an inch.
    On the upper chest (just below the arm pit) I actually gained an inch! I was really pleased with that because my upper body is quite weedy so I guess all those weight exercises must be working.
    Weight loss wise it was only 4lbs but a lot of people don't seem to drop a lot in phase one so again I'm happy with that. I don't follow Jillian's food plan because I just don't get on well with set meal plans like that. I stick to around 1,700 cals a day which seems to be good for me at the moment,
    I'm now on week 6 and I wont take measurements again until the end of phase 2 but I'm certainly seeing some positive changes so I'm quite excited about the results.

Awesome!! :smile:
    I don't follow her food plan either, I'm to picky and it's all food I don't eat! I stick to around 1200-1400 and don't eat any of my calories back.

Great results so far!!!
  • KMJ1686
    Options
    Woah! Workout 5 is tough lol
  • ktno1
    Options

lol I watched it last night to refresh my memory and yeah.....NOT looking forward to it :/
  • KMJ1686
    Options

lol I watched it last night to refresh my memory and yeah.....NOT looking forward to it :/

I'm scared for workout 6 :noway:
  • ktno1
    Options

I remember liking that one a lot more than 5 for some reason. I guess "like" is a strong word though.
  • KMJ1686
    Options

I remember liking that one a lot more than 5 for some reason. I guess "like" is a strong word though.

Haha I will agree with the word "like" because I "liked" workout 4 better than 3 lol...I'll let you know if I'm on the same page as you later.
  • ngraysmith
    Options
    Apparently the swelling and pain I had yesterday are here to stay. I have fifth disease, caught from the kids. My joints are killing me lot of tingling and itching and just walking up the stairs is exhausting. So it looks like I am out for at least the next few days. I can't believe I am missing exercising but I am.
  • KMJ1686
    Options
    Apparently the swelling and pain I had yesterday are here to stay. I have fifth disease, caught from the kids. My joints are killing me lot of tingling and itching and just walking up the stairs is exhausting. So it looks like I am out for at least the next few days. I can't believe I am missing exercising but I am.

Feel better soon!!!
  • KMJ1686
    Options
    Ok...workout 6....I "like" it better than workout 5 and find it "easier"...didn't do much yelling or telling Jillian off as much as I did yesterday lol still sweat my butt off and I can totally feel I'm getting much stronger! I was able to keep up more:happy: ...FYI for people who don't like running man...it's backkkkk :noway: lol It's a cardio interval :grumble: All of circuit 4 is abs! I know I'll be feeling that tomorrow!

-Kristen