Welcome Introductions

Replies

• Hi,Im Kate,I'm 29 I Have So Far lost 23kg,I Dont Really Have A Goal Weight,I Just Wanna Be As Fit And Healthy As I Can Be.
    I've Been Diagnosed With PCOS Which Makes Losing Weight Extra Hard For Me,But Recently Have Made Some Great Improvements,Looking Forward To Getting To Know All You Guys And Helping You To Achieve Your Goals!!!:):):):smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Hi there I'm Unaisha and I'm 21. My main goal is to lose 12 lbs before Christmas so that I can reach my weight goal. I do Tae Bo Cardio workouts 3-4 days per week along with strength training. However, I find it really hard to control my cravings in weekends. So far, I have lost 40 lbs and I'm really proud of myself. I just hope I can get rid of these last few pounds :)
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Hello, I am Maasha and 32 yr old mom of a toddler. My goal is to lose 5lbs by end of this year and primarily to tone and maintain my weight and basically incorporate healthy eating and regular workouts as part of my overall lifestyle. I have started the insanity program,and I'm determined to complete this workout. I love intense workouts as I like to be challenged but the hardest part is to turn on that DVD and get going.
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Thanks for the group invite. My names Kim. I lost 46 pounds in 2011 but after going through a divorce/having to travel alot and living in a roommate situation where i couldnt cook much ive gained some of it back and now that im back in a good place im starting over.
  • NzBuilt
    NzBuilt Posts: 235 Member
    Hey names ayaan,ok I been on mfp for few weeks now and love it,I'm
    On it 24/7 been healthy and fit now is an obsession and addiction for me
    I started at 121.6kg I'm now at 107 my goal weight 85kg,last time I
    Was under a 100kg was 10yrs ago so even to get under that I'll be happy
    Bring on wonderland,im from New Zealand az well feel free to add me anyone
    Good luck and all the best to everyone.
    1025367 Posts: 10 Member
    I'm Grace, and I'm 18. I want to loose 10 pounds by the time I have surgery (just a tonsillectomy, but people usually loose 10 pounds from not eating.) I want to loose 30 pounds by the summer. I find it really hard to loose weight, because I gain muscle very fast, but it's very bulky and not what I want my body to look like.
  • trugift
    trugift Posts: 102 Member
    W'SUUUUUUUUUP:tongue::tongue: :tongue:

My name is Melissa, I am 39 to be "40" in January:noway: and I want to be at or below 200....oh hell who am I kidding that's 30 pounds to go:ohwell: so I take that back:grumble: , I would like to be as close to 200 as I can!!!

DISCLAIMER:
    I will be very honest with you- I may use a couple of bad words BUT I am here for you all and I hope I can say the same- well you don't have to use cuss words but you get what I'm saying.

Yes I like to have fun with and joke (while still keeping it real:flowerforyou: ) because this weight-loss thing isn't funny.. this **** is real and its WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I don't know about you but I can't do it alone-so FRIEND ME IF YOU LIKE!!!

Meanwhile lets work on bring sexy back - or for some of you that just want to be healthy you can bring that too!

:heart: :laugh: :heart: :wink:
  • I'm Deanna. I'm a nurse with 2 jobs and a mom to a high energy toddler. I have a long way to go to get to my goal weight (about 90 more lbs to go) but have a strong start the last 2 months. Been working with a trainer and trying to eat high protein/low carb. My favorite workouts are HIIT as I get bored SO easily with doing the same thing for 30-45 min straight. My goals are to have more energy to keep up with my son and to be a better example for eating and fitness for him. I know I'll have to be at this for at least a year to get near my goal, but I'm pretty damn determined. Nice to meet you all! :drinker:
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Hi all, I'm Karen a 54 yr old RN who still believes shes 30. The last couple of years hsve just sucked and I have fallen out of habit of exercising. Well no more. Pray that I get my big butt up and moving. Add me as a friend if you like. Later.
  • c_lui
    c_lui Posts: 2
    The name is Cheryl, I just turned 25, I'm currently serving in the Air Force, no kids and happily married. I'm determined to stop playing with the weight loss journey. I've been up and down for the last few years and I believe I'm ready to get on the wagon and not get off. Over the years, I have gained a lot of knowledge and tools to assist in losing weight, it has always been a matter of applying/using what I know and doing it consistently.

I began my journey at the start of the month and I'm down 2 lbs. I try to get at least 45 mins of cardio in 6 days out of the week and a circuit class in once or twice a week. Next month, I hope to incorporate weight training and a lot more running. I've been working on keeping the eating clean, so far so good!

I look forward to completing my weight loss journey with you all and I hope to assist you all in some way, shape or form :happy:
  • Zibberroo
    Zibberroo Posts: 31 Member
    I was once in the army, with a 3.8 percent body fat, weighing in at 235. My injuries in Iraq triggered a downward spiral in my health. I do not know how big I had gotten, but after losing over ten inches on my waist, I was down to about 350 pounds. I then got married. My wife manipulated and emotionally sabotaged everything in my life. I can now only wish her well, as the relationship is damaged beyond repair. By time I started to refocus on me, this March 28, I was all the way up to 430 pounds, 430.2 to be exact. I have started using my xbox Kinect, playing the Biggest Loser game. Using his, Bob Harper videos and several other things, I am nearing the 100 pound mark. I joined the DietBet with Jillian Michael's, and now in the DietBet 10 that just came out. I figure that it does not hurt, considering that I know I will lose the weight, barring injury. I aspire to compete in the Sparta race next year, after is reach my goal.

That is me in a nutshell.
  • huntndox
    huntndox Posts: 33 Member
    Hi I'm Carol. I've been on MFP for a couple of weeks now. I really do think I've found the right place for me. Wonderful software that helps me track every single bite I eat. That is what I need to make me aware of what I have been doing and what I need to do. I've been obese all my life, and it is time to not be obese anymore. I want to be able to move freely, get up and down easily and be in much better health. I'm an ovarian cancer survivor. It's been four and a half years now and I'm looking forward to five years cancer free next year. There were times I didi not think I would still be alive I five years, but so far so good. So, now to start living like I want to, since it appears I'll get to hang around a while longer.
  • hillyjn
    hillyjn Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I'm Hilary and really struggle with my weight, I cant workout too much as I suffer from Fibromyalgia and have recently had a serious leg injury and therefore mobility is limited. I am 51 and need lots of help to loose weight.
    I would like to get back down to around 12 and half stone and at present weight 15 stone 6 pounds, so as you can see I have a long way to go!
  • ebonilatrice
    ebonilatrice Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I'm Eboni, I'm a college student. I've had this MFP account for a while, I've just never really put it into good use. I would really like to lose 96 pounds by my graduation in the spring of 2015. I'm at 230 pounds now. I'm a yo yo dieter and right now I'm trying something different. I'm easing my way into a lifestyle change of eating while still counting my calories. I would really like to get down at least seven pounds by the end of the month. I'm dedicating myself to MFP to get me there.
  • Started this journey at 192 a couple years back...was down to 142 and have put back on 12 lbs in the past 6 months...summer always does me in...

Anyway...I'm working to lose around 7% bodyfat...the scale only works for me so much...pisses me off more then anything...so working more on muscle...toning...

I have 4 very busy kids and I'm turning 45 in December...was hoping to be back at by then but NOT going happen...so just working on a better me...
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    I am TJ and Im trying to get into a more healthy lifestyle and be more active. I would like to try running a 5k, just once, to say I did it.
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Hello everyone!

I will be 49 in December, my last year in the 40's.... pretty darn scary.

My goal is to be in the best shape I can by the time I turn 50. I know I will never be like I was in my 20's and 30's and that's okay but I just want to move more, lift more, eat healthier and lose approx 50 lbs.

I was always fit as a teenager, 20's and 30's.... the 40's well, I fell apart. I was in a bad relationship and instead of exercising my stress away I ate Ben and Jerrys almost every night. Sweets are my downfall, big time.

Thank you for inviting me to this group. I feel like we will all be successful as long as we log in here daily! :smile:
  • breakhearts
    breakhearts Posts: 110 Member
    Hey, hons! :D My name is Lauren, I go by Lita! I'm 19, living in California. I've been on here for quite a while, maybe a little over a year, but have only been logging religiously for 79 days! In those 79 days, I've discovered that I CAN do this, and I WILL do this! I really need all the motivation I can receive, and I'd love to give some as well!

Kisses!
  • highflyer88
    highflyer88 Posts: 148 Member
    Hi I'm Rebecca. 37 year old mom if two active kids. My goal is to get down to 135-140lbs which will be about a 90lb lose for me. I am doing this for two reasons...first and foremost is my health. I am diabetic and I want to get healthy to make it easier I fight. The second is I set a good example for my sons. I never want them to feel like an outcast due to their weight. I've been there and in a lot if ways though I am now comfortable in my own skin still am there. I have a long way to go but I will get there!
  • Hi i'm Sarah but my nickname is Pops .35 (soon to be 36) years old , I live in Bordeaux . I want to life a more healthy and active lifestyle , i wish everyone here the very best of luck . :)