What I did right today

Options

Replies

• SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love this topic. We so often focus on what didn't go right. On Monday I stayed on my meal plan. That's it but it will do for now.
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Made myself have a "rest" day from exercise as I recognised the tired feeling as a sign I was trying to do too much too soon. Finally at 60 years old I have the sense to listen to my body .. LOL !

Kept out of the kitchen in the evening apart form a planned snack, and the wine witch didn't call.

Slept better after a very wide awake night the previous night.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Love reading what others are doing and seeing the acknowledgement of what we do right on a day to day basis.

Sue - sticking to your eating plan is HUGE.
    Welshlady - Love your term wine witch. I always plan in wine, I know I am not going to give it up, so I just plan for it. Not on a daily basis anymore but I do love relaxing with DH on the weekends especially.

What I did right:
    Came in under cals most days so far this week.

Logged even though I didn' t have time for much chatting and postings on newsfeed walls.

Got an iPod Shuffle so I can walk with music or dance while hanging out in the house, it just clips on and is the tiniest thing. I am now learning to build playlists for it, I want to do a c25k type program with interval music, since that is supposedly the best way to burn your cals.

Upped my dumbells from 5 lbs each to 10 lbs each. Really felt it too. But I am sticking with the higher weight. Next time you think 10lbs is not a good amount to lose, pick up a 10lb. dumbell and walk around the room with it, OMG.
  • 53welshlady
    Options
    What I did right today (yesterday)

Didn't get to the gym as planned as OH put a spanner in the works, but did 35 mins on cross trainer instead.
    Food was OK - so why am I heavier this morning? Too much salt yesterday I think.

Ran this morning at silly o'clock before work.

Tonight is our office annual do - soup, steak/chips and cheese. I don't usually have chips so thought I might have a little treat - there won't be many probably. Bit boring but the other choices were so fat or sugar laden. There will be lots of wine as well and I will partake as the partners are paying. Nothing else planned over the festive period so I might as well make the most of it!

Carrot sticks for the rest of the week...................
  • 2marsuccess
    Options
    I just began re-using MFP, after starting and then stopping its use. I think I really need to hold myself accountable for my eating, so I'm glad to be recording my food entries again. I also am meditating more regularly. I found a great site for guided meditations, which starts you off at 10 minute intervals, then 15 minutes and now I'm up to 20 minute sessions. So that's really helping me stay with it.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    What I did right (Thurs)

Kept within my cals allotment.
    Logged and read success stories. Found a couple of interesting recipes to check out.
    Did 20 mins. of dumbell workouts

Mostly I felt bad about yesterday because we has a snow storm and I kept thinking about baking muffiins to warm up the house. Instead I did drag out and dust off the space heater for the family room. and let that warm up the living space instead. I never did an aerobic session yesterday and so I am going to stop typing and go do one today, so I can feel good about myself again.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Guess everyone is watching Dr. Who shows instead of checking in :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend and logging if not posting.

What I did right (Sat.)

Got the iPod Shuffle sorted out and loaded with BPM mixes to keep me moving while doing walking and step aerobics. YEAH!!!!

Did a work out with the Shuffle while watching TV, so much better than just sitting on the couch.

Stayed within cals.

Kept to one glass of wine even though I could have done another. I am learning to sip slowly.

Signed up for my work's health benefits for 2014, selecting a plan that will cost a tad bit more but I can get lots of preventive stuff done for free or very cheaply, need to do that as I prepare for my retirement. I want to be as healthy as possible and get any work needed done.

Wishing all great decisions for the day and the coming Thanksgiving week.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    What I did right Monday:

Didn't want to exercise BIDIA.

Resisted hot chocolate, that is a big one for me. I love the stuff.

Cleaned out the drawer where the coffee and cocoa are kept, it was such a mess now I can do coffee as easily as a hot chocolate!
  • 53welshlady
    Options
    Not a lot right here the last few days but at least I've not gone down the chocolate or crisps route so I suppose that's one "right" thing.

Started out OK today with a 30 min run at silly o'clock before work. I've had a couple of "off" days so let's hope I can get back on track now.

This board is very quiet - where are all the 60 + year olds?
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I think they are planning for the holidays it takes a lot out of you :bigsmile:

I got up and did my aerobics and some strength training

Got out my French press coffeemaker and have the left overs in fridge, I like iced coffee and decided to try doing it at home without all the addons from the coffeehouses.

Just starting my work day now so not much more to add at this point.

Make good decisions everyone come and acknowledge them in this thread.
  • 53welshlady
    Options
    I think I'll have to polish my halo for yesterday - all boxes ticked - food water and exercise.

No wine, no picks.
  • 53welshlady
    Options
    Same again for yesterday, and started the day today with a quick run before work.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Good for you starting the day with a run.

What I did right (Thurs & Fri)

Stayed within cals even though it was Gooble,Gooble Day in the USA.

Did walks with my husband both days.

Split a Ruben with my husband to stay on track. I could have eaten the whole thing, it was delicious. And it was one of the businesses in Estes Park that got hit by the floods very badly, was delighted they were back in business finally.

Put some cash in the Salvation Army bucket in Estes Park because a lot of people were effected and they have extra pressure to provide services to the needy this holiday season.

Enjoyed the sunshine, don't want SAD sitting in since the longest day isn't here yet.

Getting back on track with my fish oil and D3 supplements, really needed to start doing those again.

So how is everyone else doing now that the major feedfest is over?
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Hey, where are all my peeps, where has everyone gone.

I know some of you are doing the right things, even with the holiday.

What I did right:

Continue to log daily.
    Staying within the cals.
    Getting in some kind of exercise daily. Even if today the wind was too much for me, so I only got in a 15 min. walk.
    Reading success stories and blogs for more inspiration

So what is everyone else doing :huh:
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Not been here....not been on track..... how disgraceful...but back and on it again today .......:bigsmile:

Jean
  • ppaolini4340
    Options
    What I did wrong. Not stay with calories best I can guess. Have not logged past lunch since last Wednesday. What I did right? Got on the scale this morning. Did not loose but also did not gain. After last week, I am happy with that. Up to straight day 20 posting. Getting back to full day posting now until at least Christmas week. We will just have to see during that week.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Wow, I completely forgot about this page while we were visiting the grandkids. Also, I don't usually see the "right" in what I do. So what I did right today:
    Went grocery shopping and didn't but all the junk food--kept it pretty healthy!
    Didn't sit still a whole lot because I was down/up the stairs doing laundry
    Finally back in the right frame of mind to get on with my life and all the good things that are in it!

Yay me!!!!!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Not been here....not been on track..... how disgraceful...but back and on it again today .......:bigsmile:

Jean

Welcome back :flowerforyou:

Can hardly wait for your doing it right report!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Wow, I completely forgot about this page while we were visiting the grandkids. Also, I don't usually see the "right" in what I do. So what I did right today:
    Went grocery shopping and didn't but all the junk food--kept it pretty healthy!
    Didn't sit still a whole lot because I was down/up the stairs doing laundry
    Finally back in the right frame of mind to get on with my life and all the good things that are in it!

Yay me!!!!!

YES, Yay you!!!!!!!!!!!

We forget how many things we do right by focusing on all the bad stuff. That is exactly why I wanted this thread and want it to stay alive to remind us, we are doing lots of things right or we wouldn't be losing, feeling stronger and fitter.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    What I did wrong. Not stay with calories best I can guess. Have not logged past lunch since last Wednesday. What I did right? Got on the scale this morning. Did not loose but also did not gain. After last week, I am happy with that. Up to straight day 20 posting. Getting back to full day posting now until at least Christmas week. We will just have to see during that week.

See how easy it is to think of what we did wrong? The right stuff comes along later.

Good for you for not gaining, this time of year the national ave. is a 10 lb. gain between Thanksgiving and New Years Day.
    We are all going to try to not be average this year aren't we???:bigsmile: :bigsmile: