What I did right today

Options

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    Options
    What I did right Mon.

Got enough sleep to stay awake without yawning during my work shift, LOL.

Stayed within cals.

Got in a good solid aerobic dance workout.

Checked up on everyone on the "Right" thread.

I am a dispatcher at an IT firm, I agreed to start training to become a program admin, this is a huge step career wise for me. But I am feeling ok about it already, my crew has always told me I would be a great admin and two have volunteered to train me in the basics already. They won't do that for just anyone, it is a big time commitment.
  • ireallyneedit
    ireallyneedit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am into a big time exercising regime and staying with it....walk 2 miles every morning at 8 a.m. hate the time of day but that is when the ladies go here in Florida. Aerobics for half an hour two times a week Mon and Wed....do NOT like it but works different parts of the body...hate the floor ones and can do a lot of them. Water Aerobics 2 times a week Tues and Thurs. for an hour using water weights and noodle....love it especially the music. No not finished Line dance once a week on Thurs. a.m. after walking for an hour love that but not very much exercising aerobics but fun and moving. So if I keep this up all winter I should be a toothpick HA HA that will never happen but feeling good.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @ireallyneedit. I love your post! And I have to say in you pic, you look pretty good right now. Keep up all the exercise you are getting in. That is awesome.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I am into a big time exercising regime and staying with it....walk 2 miles every morning at 8 a.m. hate the time of day but that is when the ladies go here in Florida. Aerobics for half an hour two times a week Mon and Wed....do NOT like it but works different parts of the body...hate the floor ones and can do a lot of them. Water Aerobics 2 times a week Tues and Thurs. for an hour using water weights and noodle....love it especially the music. No not finished Line dance once a week on Thurs. a.m. after walking for an hour love that but not very much exercising aerobics but fun and moving. So if I keep this up all winter I should be a toothpick HA HA that will never happen but feeling good.

Wow this is awesome! You are going to be so fit! Love the variety you have going in this plan.

Well, after talking it over with my husband and standing in my Truth, I decided not to stay on my night shift to keep dispatching and move to a day shift. By the time I get useful as an admin, I will be wanting to retire to join my husband in his retirement. So for the business and myself I think staying in my current position and switching to days is the right course of action. . I'll not have control over the foods around me, I will have to start commuting several days a week, it is kinda scary. I've done so well at home on my plan.
    But I know deep in my heart that this is the the Right thing to do. Maybe I will even get some sleep tonight, since I barely slept thinking about all this on my last sleep time frame :yawn:
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good luck whatever you do - always difficult to make a decision re changing jobs especially if it means changing habits and lifestyle.

I'm rubbish at the moment seem to have one good day and three bad, but I keep trying.

Started with a run today, food at work no problem as it is either soup or salad which I bring in. Avoided Krispy Kreme donuts yesterday - not really a big challenge - they don't appeal to me, but easy to pick at when they are pushed under your nose!
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yes - what a wonderful idea....

Today - I got my yoga exercise in this morning......
    - I am drinking herbal tea (in place of coffee today)
  • grannelle
    Options
    So far what I. Have done right today is log my meals. It's all about awareness, right?
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    What I did right today?
    Well, I talked myself into exercising! I did not feel up to, and said to self, "well you said you were only going to do it every other day now, so today is day off. But, well, I might as well do my physical therapy exercise, they are good for me and I will feel better". So I did those then thought, what the heck, I might as well do the elliptical and stationary bike while I am at it! Yipee for me.

Another thing I will do right, is go pick up my 9y.o. granddaughter and we will go see the movie "Frozen". It looks cute. And I will pass on the movie theater popcorn!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Loving all the right things that everyone is posting.

californiagirl, Isn't it strage that once we do one right thing the others start to follow along :wink:

Welshlady, Just do it. Forget about the 10 days of rubbish, today is all you have to work with so just do it right today. :flowerforyou:

grannelle: Logging is the most important right thing you can do on any day. Keep it up.

What I did right (Thurs):
    Caught up on my sleep, I haven't had a restful night in a while, I felt so refreshed when I woke up without an alarm.

Got the dvd player hooked into the big screen tv so I have the family room to exercise in, with the sub zero temps I realized I had to get prepared to do more exercise in house. Unfortunately that took the wind out of my sails and I didn't do any exercise except my yoga which I don't log anyways so Thursday was a rest day for me.:sad:

Was within my cals. A big surprise since I felt like I was eating everything left in the house. This cold weather makes me experience HUNGER. Which I don't do so much anymore.

And I was rewarded this AM by seeing a good loss on my scale! Here is to doing it RIGHT: :drinker:

Off to use that dvd player with a couple of exercise videos.
  • ppaolini4340
    Options
    Hit log in day 25. Weekdays are easy sitting at the computer all day at work. Weekends are a lot more difficult. I seem to just forget. Could it be the age???? I think i need to replace the batteries in my scale. I can step on it 3 times and get 3 different readings. Someone brought in Dunkin Donuts this morning. Past on the big one but did eat two munchkins. That was enough to satisfy. Happy Weekend to everyone and Pray for everyone's safety in the storm.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I didn't do much right today, but I did get started on my Christmas shopping. I got my GD a couple of books. Also, I'm not allowing myself time to fall into a depression; for me it is sometimes mind over matter and keeping busy.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    What I did right:

Got the digifit app sorted out properly so it feeds into MFP without me doing anything after I finish my exercise, pretty excited about that one.

Did a 40 min. indoor cardio workout, it is still soooooo cold outside. No walks to the park and pond, it is icy all the way there. Helped to get me warm all over too so double benefit.

Wanted to eat salsa and chips, subbed celery for the chips and saved a ton of calories.

Dinner is going to be stir fry with chicken and Asian veggies, I'll skip the rice but will cook some up for DH.

Hope everyone else is doing great this wintery weekend.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Gramnana,
    I hope you get those last 4 removed soon.
    You have been doing very well despite the holiday feasting. I am looking forward to the challenge of the last 5 lbs. but still have a ways to go before that is an issue for me.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Retirehappy--I've given myself several months to lose the last 4 lbs because they are the stubbornest. But I do think I'm learning to eat a little more healthy food and that is helping a lot.

Anyway, what I did right today--

I started playing my hammered dulcimer. I'm determined to master Carol of the Bells this week.
    I stayed within my calories
    Made tuna fish salad for hubby to have for lunch this week while he works his seasonal job.

I love thinking about the positive things I've done instead of brooding about what I might have done wrong. This page is very good for self esteem!
  • ppaolini4340
    Options
    Yesterday what i did right, beside went to Church, NOTHING. Cold, icy rainy. Not motivated. Stayed inside and ate. I did cook up a bunch of chicken and pork and vacuum freeze in individual meals. Makes coming home from work much easier. Add a quick side and dinner is on the table.

RetireHappy, if you have access to a dehydrator, try making chips out of sliced zucchini. Just add a touch of seasoning, then dry. Nice and crispy with the salsa. And it is another way to preserve fresh food from garden.

Happy Monday everyone. Today is a better day. Managing calories much better.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Yesterday what i did right, beside went to Church, NOTHING. Cold, icy rainy. Not motivated. Stayed inside and ate. I did cook up a bunch of chicken and pork and vacuum freeze in individual meals. Makes coming home from work much easier. Add a quick side and dinner is on the table.

RetireHappy, if you have access to a dehydrator, try making chips out of sliced zucchini. Just add a touch of seasoning, then dry. Nice and crispy with the salsa. And it is another way to preserve fresh food from garden.

Happy Monday everyone. Today is a better day. Managing calories much better.

OH you did something right you prepped food so you have no excuses.

Yes, I use my dehydrator for apples mostly. I love them that way. Great for hiking etc. Will have to try some zukes next time I bring it up from the basement.

Gramnana, I love the dolcimer, had a friend who played one when I was in Indiana. We had a great time with it, singing folk songs.

What I did right:

Kept within cals.

Lots of broth to keep the cals. down and low in fat as well.

Have nice left overs for the next couple of days.

Make leek and cauliflower soup with dry milk so high protein soup.
  • Yahweh1
    Yahweh1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not eating correctly yet....BUT walking again on a treadmill after recovering from brain bleeds and then a fall off my bike. Walked 50 minutes this morning. Snowing here. Friend has offered to pick me up and go to the movies....maybe... Read Ps.15 this morning. Take care.
  • Pamela_June
    Options
    I started my day with a 30 minute yoga routine! :flowerforyou:
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Not feeling the best, sore throat due to sinus drainage for weeks now.

Pamela June, great way to start the day with some yoga. Good for you.

What I did right :

Stayed within Cals.

Did not over eat any chocolate, but I really wanted MORE.

Didn't get down on myself for not exercising. I started to but realized, my body just wanted to rest and heal. I don't listen to it too often and end up hurting myself which would not help me at this stage at all. So I accepted my body's wisdom.
  • Pamela_June
    Options
    Wednesday 12-11-13

I started my day with 30 minutes of yoga.
    I had a carrot(s), apple and lemon drink, from my Jack LaLane juicer

Best of all.... I put the box of candy someone gave me for Christmas out on the reception counter for the entire office to eat, and I have NOT had a piece of it!

:smile: