Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Well, thanks to a vacation, a move, family illness, 2 weeks of terrible weather and having to repeat some days, it took us 13 weeks instead of 9, but my 15yo son and I FINALLY finished Couch to 5K today! We are very proud of ourselves :D

Great job! Any plans for a race?
    Not yet... finances are tight and all the local 5Ks are $25-75/head here and there's two of us... but ASAP we will :)
  • TomInAiken
    TomInAiken Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just completed the C25K program this morning. I managed to do it without walking at a 10:30 min/mile pace. I have already registered for two 5K "races", the first on November 9. My goal is to simply finish without dropping into a walk. Many thanks to all my MFP friends for their support and encouragement.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Tom!! You did great. Let us know how your runs go.
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I posted a few weeks ago that I finished the program, but had a rough run when I set endomondo for 3 miles.

This past Sunday, I ran an actual 5k! It was awesome!!!!

My husband ran with with me (although I pulled ahead and finish about 2 minutes before him) and we had a great time.

I finished in 36:52. My first mile was a new PR - 11:37!!!

Now I'm checking to find another race coming up. There's one starting at the park down the street from my house in a few weeks, so I might sign up for that. Until then (or whenever I decide to do another race), I'm enjoying runs every few days. Yesterday was 2 miles and it felt so good!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I posted a few weeks ago that I finished the program, but had a rough run when I set endomondo for 3 miles.

This past Sunday, I ran an actual 5k! It was awesome!!!!

My husband ran with with me (although I pulled ahead and finish about 2 minutes before him) and we had a great time.

I finished in 36:52. My first mile was a new PR - 11:37!!!

Now I'm checking to find another race coming up. There's one starting at the park down the street from my house in a few weeks, so I might sign up for that. Until then (or whenever I decide to do another race), I'm enjoying runs every few days. Yesterday was 2 miles and it felt so good!

That is awesome. Congrats.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I finished!!!!

Last night I completed the 30min run and I did 4k in the 30mins (in fairness this was on a threadmill so obviously when I go out on the road I will need a little work)

I did my first attempt on Tuesday but I just let my head get the better of me, but last night I was determined and I got through it all!!

Can't believe I actually stuck to the whole 9week programme, I'm so proud of myself. Also can't believe that 9 weeks ago I found 60seconds difficult and now I can go 30mins without stopping!!

I'm going to move straight onto the 10k programme - is their a group for that?
  • candiceh3
    Options
    I made it! I can't believe it! So proud right now.

Thanks for all the support.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all the 5km grads!!! It's a fantastic feeling isn't it?
  • candicelh79
    candicelh79 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I finally finished! After two starts, two injuries, I graduated last night! I can't wait to start training for a 10k. I have to find a good Android App. I'm running the Ugly Sweater 5k on Saturday, and hoping to beat my PR 33:44. So excited!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the graduates! You ROCK!

Candice- I used the 5 to 10k app by RunDouble for Android. If you spend the $3 I think for the premium version, you get C25k, 10k starter plans including 5 to 10k, some fun run stuff, and even a half marathon plan. I love it!
  • candicelh79
    Options
    Congrats to all the graduates! You ROCK!

Candice- I used the 5 to 10k app by RunDouble for Android. If you spend the $3 I think for the premium version, you get C25k, 10k starter plans including 5 to 10k, some fun run stuff, and even a half marathon plan. I love it!

Thanks for the advice ;)
  • ramsx1991
    ramsx1991 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I graduated from C25K today! I run my first 5K race on my daughters birthday Jan 26th:) it'll be proving to her that her mamma can do anything. I feel amazed that I completed this... I never would have thought that I would be running 5Ks!! Thanks everybody on here for the support along the way :)
  • candicelh79
    Options
    Congratulation on graduating! I'm sure you'll love your first 5k. I've found them to be addicting.
  • niricava
    niricava Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just finished C25 K this week! It's a great feeling knowing how I struggled when I first started.
    I signed up for my first 5K for January 1. Can't wait to get out there and RUN!

I think I will start the 10 K training after that... just trying to decide which app to use for my training. I've heard good things about RunDouble and C2 10K :happy:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    HappyDance.gif
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!! I'm done, I'm actually done! And the best part is, I was able to run the 30 minutes w/o stopping. I am SO proud of myself. Including the 5 min. warmup/cooldown, I did about 2.95 mi in the 40 minutes. Went ahead and finished up the 5K with a total time of 42:20. I will continue to work on endurance and speed, but first I will rejoice in the fact that I just ran 30 consecutive minutes :drinker:
  • two_octopodes
    two_octopodes Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am SO excited to finally get to post in this thread that I, too, have completed Couch to 5K! It took me about 2 extra weeks due to a minor foot injury at the end of week 7, but I stuck with it and can finally say that I've done it.

I stuck with a 5.0 mph (12:00 min mile) pace and ran most of it at a 1.0 incline, although I would usually drop it to 0 toward the end or whenever a dreaded side stitch would start.

Also, while I'm bragging anyway, I'd like to say that I did this during a time of great transition in my life- I'm doing my clinical rotations for physician assistant school right now, so I started it during the crazy shifts of my ER rotation, kept going through Christmas break, and finished during my psych rotation. My psych rotation required me to move away from home for 5 weeks, so I've been keeping it up in the hotel fitness room- all of these things would have felt like reason enough to put off even starting this running thing before, but somehow I was stubborn enough to NOT STOP this time around.

What a feeling!
  • hteepeg
    hteepeg Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm a graduate! I graduated! I'm a C25K grad!

What day is it?! GRADUATION DAY! Woohoo!
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Cap and gown please, I graduated today.
  • AnnaE
    AnnaE Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Graduated last week (been on holiday, no WiFi!!)
    TOUGH 5km but it can only get better, right?