General chit chat part 2

Options
The last thread was getting long... So.............

<original thread here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1137231-general-chit-chat >

It's Saturday morning I am at work this morning it was -41 celsius...and for my Fahrenheit counterparts that's still -41 (well -42). No one should have to leave the house when it is that cold out... Ever! But I was up at 530 am to take my daughter to cheer and then head over to work! At least I have some company today, my little got to come with me.

And I should get to that work that is waiting for me!
I know weekends are quiet around here but I hope a few of you stop in to say hi!!! :)

Replies

• dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Morning Holly.

I modified your post to put in a link to the original thread if anyone wants to easily go back.

Have a nice day at work, and thanks for the perspective. I was whining because I have to go out at 11 degrees!

Off to the gym.
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd slip in and say hey. I hope everyone is doing well this weekend! It's supposed to get down to -4 degrees here tonight, but man, Holly! I don't know how you handle weather as cold as you're getting!

I'm working on getting the house cleaned from top to bottom, and getting everything organized and straightened up. The class I'm currently taking is even more intensive than the last one, and I've neglected quite a bit of the housework. We got our tree yesterday, but I don't want to put it up until the house is in order. Plus my parents are sending me the ornaments they bought when they lived in Germany, so I have to wait to decorate the tree until they get here anyway.

Can you believe it's less than 3 weeks until Christmas? It seems like time is flying!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Dward, I told my husband the post got pinned and he just stared at me like I'm nuts! lol! thanks!
    Well Holly, today you had me beat.... we only hit -24 ( yesterday was-36) It's amazing that cheer wasn't cancelled. It's nice that your little can come to work with you. I've wished that on occasion. :)
    Jess, With your course load I'm amazed you have time for anything before the break. Nice job. Those ornaments sound gorgeous!

Yesterday was a run from start to finish. Got the kids up and off to school, then cleaned and got everything ready for work and swimming last night. Went up to pick up both boys at lunch, fed them on the way to Dr. app't. Then went to pick up hubby (mom borrowed our 2nd car) and they drove me to work ( then went to swimming). Then I worked till 1. :tongue: Crashed like a log when I got home. No Zumba but I managed to stay under.
    Today I slept in and we got the tree and the decorations up. I think I'm done for now. YAY! :bigsmile:
    Everyone have a great night!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    So nice to have this pinned. Don't have to fish for it anymore...

DH & I had belated thanksgiving dinner tonight with MIL. Chef Chu's had a one-hour wait so we went to Bella Vita instead. Good food and company were had by all. And under heat lamps too, nice.

Day started being woken up by a wrong number 20 minutes before needing to leave house. (ThGoodness for wrong #s.) MIL is 92 and now very slender. Neither of us knew what size we were, so today was an adventure to find out. First we each got a pair of shoes and then we went for coffee and fries at the bar in Max's restaurant. I love getting her to eat.

Then we tried on pants. Found a size 8 camel colored slim fit that are SO cute on her (instead of her old stained baggy things) and a sweater to match. And I actually am a 16. That's what the catalogs said, but I didn't believe it till I saw it. (I think I was 32-34 last March - can't remember anymore.)

In a daze. Best wishes to everyone from freezing California. (Okay, it's only in the upper 20's - but there's ice on the roads!)
    Paula
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Thanks for pinning and linking Dan :) hope the gym was productive

I am jealous for those who didn't freeze today though I am winning the battle for command start in my car.. We actually have frost on the inside of our door becuse the cat chewed on the weather stripping... Really he isn't that smart

So I realized that I called my son my little got.. I meant guy, I mostly post on my phone and it does some great corrections when I type to fast and don't check back!!! My kids love coming to my job, and although it seems weird given the demographic I work with I think it's beneficial for all!

Jess, I don't miss school, it's understandable hoe things get hectic for you! I hope you manage to find to catch up and relax and take care of yourself! Sounds like you have some serious grist mad decorating to do...

P1xy: crazy day... You need to have a peaceful day as well!!!! And now I have some hope our weather may improve a few degrees!

I hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday!!
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    P1xy - Not all the classes I've had to take have been so intensive, just the past couple! I do get a small break after this class, from the 22nd until the 6th. Sound's like you've been busy yourself!! I'm glad you got to sleep in yesterday. Relaxing days are definitely nice :-)

Paula - It sounds like you had a great day with your MIL! I'm glad to hear that it went so well.

Holly - How cool that you can bring your little guy to work with you! No fun about the frost inside, though :-( I hope you have a nice and relaxing Sunday, also!

I am snuggled up with my animals and a cup of coffee working on a research project (re: short bursts of research spattered with procrastinating on here and Facebook games). My sleep schedule has gotten all out of whack recently, so I am trying to get it back to 'normal'. Wish me luck!

I hope y'all have a fantastic, relaxing Sunday. And stay warm!
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to surface and grin a BIG SUNDAY SMILE AT EVERYBODY:bigsmile:

Now I must dive back under my pile of deadlines and obligations for a bit...but I just NEEDED to tell everybody how happy and proud I am to be part of This Thing You Guys Are Building.

Hugs or High 5s as inclinations and protocols dictate...
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    Hi everyone and happy sunday! i don't feel so bad about our 12 degree weather here in michigan anymore. i spent the weekend with my best friend and her 3 year old. i babysat the little one on friday night and she stayed up until 1 am--holy cow! i'm usually asleep by 10:30 or 11:00 most nights! had a great day on saturday, running errands is much more fun with a friend in tow! watched the movie Ted last night. interesting movie, lol. but mark wahlberg is hott no matter what movie he is in.
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Hi my friends... I am sorry I was quiet... My husband came home after a very long trip so I wanted to visit with him.
    Today he bought me a new iPhone for my birthday which is coming up in a few weeks... I am happy with it !

Mark: nice to see you poking your head in :)
    Paula: sounds like you had a nice time shopping, 16 is in the normal sizes how exciting for you!!!
    Jess: you make me remember why I was so happy to be done school
    Jackie: 1 am is crazy I don't know how you managed that one!!! Sounds like a good weekend overall though!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Good afternoon :)

I realized today that I sort of had a cheat day yesterday... It was worth every yummy bite but December is running out of time, I need to keep my eyes on my goal... Slow and steady!!! Christmas party season has hit and I have a family thing on the 15th (potluck so I'm bringing something healthy) a pre-birthday lunch on the 20th, Christmas party on the 22nd, dinner at the in-laws on the 23rd (pizza and Chinese food so I'm eating before going) Christmas dinner with my other mother on the 25th (and traveling) and big family dinner on the 27th plus my birthday and wedding anniversary are in that mix!! I hope I have learned the will power to behave!! Even though I was over a bit yesterday I was thoughtful and made wiser choices right till the end when I accidentally devoured a big bag of chips cause my husband gave them to me and I mindless snacked away forgetting to pre-measure and pre- log!!!
    Oh the food season is here...
    I can be good!!
    I will take care of myself
    And lord if it ever warms up I will try and do some walking!

It's so cold here again -41 this morning again.... I'm so tired of being cold.... I hope that you all are staying warm
  • p1xyn1xy
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Hey Mark! Haven't seen you in a while. Hope things are going great! :D
    Jackie, it sounds like the little one was waiting for mom to come home. My kids do that sometimes for babysitters. And it is almost impossible to get a 3 yr old to sleep if they aren't willing. lol!
    Holly, I'm glad you like your phone. :) I love mine and it was a hand-me down from my SIL. I'm positive you can make it through Christmas if you want to!!! Just remember to forgive any slips. It IS the holiday season. Mindful eating not mindless. It's what I concentrate on.
    Yesterday my kids had their first Shinsa grading in Karate. They earned their first colored stripes belts. They are so proud and adorable. :D
    I'm off to bake hundreds of cookies for my Christmas tins....OMG! lol! MINDFUL EATING..... argh!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    I am really finding that I am struggling with staying active right now...it's friggen cold out, my bones hurt my schedule is crazy and I just want to sleep whenever I am not at work!!! I don't know what to change again. I have a close friend who I share my journey with IRL and both her and her husband are stay at home parents living on assistance... She is always able to go to the gym and thinks I should be able too as we'll. Now it's true that a working mother can find time to work out, that's not my issue as I found time in the past... But that was too work out at home not go to the gym every day. I really need to save harder for my treadmill so I can walk all year round lol! It's to cold to walk outside..

So I have decided to move the treadmill up on my priority list for the new year and to find a replacement in the meantime...I am not going to let myself do this... 14 lbs lost that's 4.5 percent of my original weight that's good and now it's going to get better!!
  • p1xyn1xy
    Options
    Holly, it is hard to juggle kids, working, Christmas and exercising. Especially with a spouse who is working opposite shifts or away a lot. It takes away the child care options you have. I'm having the same sort of issues. It doesn't matter how supportive my significant other is if he's not there to watch the kids. My steps have dropped along with the temp. I'm going to recommend the sansone videos. They're just walking in place videos, not too bad. And they let you know how much ground you would of covered. I rented them from the library and downloaded them onto my computer. It's also why I'm doing so much Zumba lately. A treadmill is still on my wish list... but not this year. :(

I ate only three cookies yesterday! I'm so proud of myself!!! lol! More to bake today! On Saturday I start the chocolates!! Yikes. :D
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    P1xy: oh my fresh cookies so hard to avoid... One tip is to plan and log first so you know what's up before it goes down.... I too will be cookie baking after work Saturday and I'm making my favorite short bread cookies so I will be tempted!

Yes it's very frustrating with Jason gone all the time I feel bad enough always getting my mom to watch kiddies for every day stuff I can't imagine asking her for more...

I have tried a walking video but I had a hard time getting into it... I am a mindless exerciser I like to jam my earphones in and blast my music and forget where I am. I program my music to last my hour and get at it!!

Oh I can just hope for warmer weather and money for a treadmill :)
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    I can't believe I have to say this... I am getting sick again. I just can't imagine another set of weeks of being sick...

I am sure it's not a shocker to say I have a weak immune system... And I work with a population of people who don't really make good hygiene and health a priority. I am hoping with increases health will come more resistance to germs... But for now I am at work with my cup-a-soup and cold medication and hopefully I can kick this fast!
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Holly, I'm right there with you. I haven't had a cold this bad in a long time. I gritted my way through work yesterday on liquids and DayQuil. Hang tight and get better soon!
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you guys don't feel so good! Get well soon.
  • grannelle
    Options
    I recommend oregano tea for colds
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    It's so nice (and unusual) to not have a cold right now. Had three (+?) so far this year and it just gets so frustrating. Hope everyone feels better soon!

Holly is your house easy to walk around? Mine has some stairs and a living-dining-kitchen stretch where I can go back and forth.
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Oh I wish I could have NyQuil and DayQuil but I can't... Thankfully I have my Advil cold and sinus :)
    I'm sorry your sick too Dan :( It's not fun... And thanks pidge (did I get that right) I hope we feel better too
    Grannelle: I'm sensitive to oregano and I think drinking it in tea won't help but I am drinking lots of hot tea as it feels so good!!!

Paula I can do some laps around the house but I always end up tripping on cats and kids... I am forcing my husband to just get me either my treadmill or a gym membership after Christmas... I hope it's the treadmill then I can walk and yell at the kids at the same time :) besides he owes me big time he smashed into something with my fairly new van and didn't tell me... I found out cause some nice guy told me my thingy (my words not his) was dangling on the ground.... So I had to tie it up in the snow yesterday and it was -30 and my bumper is all smacked up... I think that's worth a treadmill lol!

Yesterday we went to Christmas party number 1 and thankfully due to my current disease the look of food was not appealing the worst thing I ate was half a butter tart I didn't enjoy!!! I would rather have will power though so hopefully for the next party!!!

Yesterday was also my 1 year wedding anniversary but my husband is in west virgina so i get to celebrate that another time :)
This discussion has been closed.