Week 1 Chat (20-26 January)

Options
SkimFlatWhite68
SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
Hi Challengers!!

Welcome to Week 1 of the Trim Taut and Terrific Aussies (and friends) 12 week challenge!!

The purpose of this thread is whatever you want :) Chat away to your hearts content - it's all about sharing and support.

Please make sure that you have read the GOALS thread, and posted your details under INTRODUCTIONS. It's ok if you want to have your weigh in day on any day of the week, it doesn't have to be Monday. Then every week there will be a Weekly Weigh in thread and later a spreadsheet to compare everyone's progress.

Let's start with the end in mind and make this a successful challenge for all.

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

My plan for this week has a 5 strong approach:

MENTAL - read and repeat my goals and affirmations every morning and night

NUTRITION - stick to a 1600 calorie average per day over the week. I'll be setting a higher target on the weekend and lower during the weekdays, with a macro split of 40% protein, 40% fat and 20% carbs.

RESISTANCE TRAINING - 4 times per week. Monday:Chest/Triceps; Tuesday: Legs/Shoulders; Thursday: Back/Biceps; Saturday: full body.

CARDIO TRAINING - one hour walk every weekday. Plus Spin class Wednesday and HIIT after Monday and Thursday workout.

SUPPORT - this group :) I'll be checking in every night to see what's happening with everyone - hope to see you around. If anyone would like to add me as a friend, please send me a message referencing TTTAussies :)

Oh, and I'll also be posting all my meals (if I remember) on Instagram, so you can see what I'm eating. It's a good check in for during the day as well...

All things going well, I will be ready and raring to go tomorrow morning, fully back on track this week and hit all my goals within the 12 weeks!! I'm certainly going to give it a good try.

What is everyone else planning to do?

Replies

• sweetysmum
    sweetysmum Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Week 1 ready to go!!

I am aiming to drink at least 1.5 litres of water a day, and get to the gym 5 times this week, wether it be a class or into the gym and do my program. That's it for now, but I'm sure I will think of some other stuff during the week.

Have a fantastic week everyone :smile:
  • candirose69
    Options
    So excited!
    Will be taking before pics in the morning :) So fully committed to this right now!
    This week I am aiming to attend the gym 3 times and go for 3 runs. usually Saturday is a gym day but its our anniversary and we will be out for the day!
    Mon-pump
    Tues-run
    Wed-Pump/Shbam
    Thurs-Run
    Fri-Pump
    Sat-run

As far as nutrition I am going to go no dairy/gluten/sugar mon-fri. Saturday I will be more relaxed as we will be out all day at the zoo and then the city for dinner but back on plan Sunday. 1400 cals a day with 40% carb 30%protein and 30%fat. Will look at lowering carbs perhaps slowly over the 12 weeks. I have my meal plan all done for the week and am ready to go! Will log tomorrow in now :)
  • bird_3_lee
    bird_3_lee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Im excited too,
    I've sent out invitations to most of my mfp friends to join me in this challenge. I have sent a few friend requests to people I that are also taking part in this challenge.
    My fitness schedule for this week is (weather permitting)
    * 1 hour walk every day
    * running C25K 3 times a week
    * at least 1 hour of swimming
    Eating :
    A wide variety of nutrious tasty foods. keep it between 1200 _ 1400 calories
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well I nearly pulled out as I feel so old fashioned here after reading everyone's stat entries haha.

Anyway I'm here

Nutrition - 95% -100% fresh vegetable, meat, grain, legume and fresh fruit ---- the 5% being for rice crackers or gluten free
    flours, breads, tinned fruit in juice, packaged dates, shredded coconut. + I will use Organic products as much as I can afford

Exercise - 5 x 45- 50 minute resistance classes in the water, deep and shallow water workouts. At least 30 minutes walking the dog per day, I'd also like to aim for a 15-20 minute bike ride once a week now I have a carriage for Titch. I'll hope to fit that in as we are renovating and work on the house does take up a lot of my time.

Physical - Take my vitamins everyday including the fish oil tablets and olive leaf extract 'yuck' 'Keep your body nutrient rich woman!'

Mental - I'm fifty with arthritis of the feet, I can't let it stop me, I won't! I'll do anything to make my life better so here I am doing it!
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I'm feeling pretty pumped for this too. I think I've got a good menu plan pre-logged (no dinners because I have to be a bit more flexible about that).

I've also just been playing with my gym workout spreadsheet, Tomorrow is back/shoulders and biceps + cardio, Tuesday is chest and triceps plus cardio, and either wednesday or thursday will be legs, butt and core day. Plus my usual PT session on Saturday and then Sunday I'm going hiking. Should be good!

I'll weigh myself in the morning if I can get my stupid scales to cooperate and not give me random numbers that I know couldn't possibly be correct.
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Here goes. This week I will:
    Walk 50 plus kilometres
    Climb 100 plus flight of stairs
    Eat a big bowl of salad every day
    Drink lots of water
    and make friends with the stray cat living in my backyard :wink:
  • Alkirra
    Options
    I hate my scales, I move them and they tell me something different ! Hence I move them often, I weigh in at the gym :)
  • Alkirra
    Options
    #
  • Alkirra
    Options
    Haha you go make friends with the cat! Eat your salad, walk your miles and climb your stairs, then tell the cat about it!
  • sami_83
    sami_83 Posts: 161
    Options
    Yay! I'm excited :)
    I feel a bit motivated by this 'healthy living' challenge at my work at the moment. I'm not participating but there's so many people doing it that I want to achieve great things just like them, but my way. I find the eating plan way too restrictive for me- it's basically paleo, but I'm vegetarian and won't survive without my toast and soy foods. Also I don't want my workmates knowing my measurements. So here I am, and I can do this along with you guys! :flowerforyou:
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Just getting the cat to the point where he doesn't run away from the sound of my voice :ohwell:
    I suspect making friends will take the full 12 weeks, so might include it in my weekly update
    Happy to adopt him if I can tame him (or her, can't get close enough to check)
  • Alkirra
    Options
    It's obvious to me that he/she is your challenge, what about his/her name do that name your nemesis and take it from there .
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm officially starting this week I'm giving myself Thursday - Monday off (free to indulge but definitely get my exercise in no matter) as I'll be in New Zealand for a wedding.
    Exercise plan:
    Monday: Pump and RPM
    Tuesday: Weights
    Wednesday: Pump
    Thursday: Rest day
    Friday: Run - 5K
    Saturday: Run - 5K
    Sunday: Run - 10K
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My plan for the week is simple - yoga every morning, yoga every night, stay within calorie goal and don't get derailed.

And be calm, calm, calm - it's school holidays still and it can be really difficult to remain cool, calm, collected and in control - I have a son with ADHD and borderline (according to the doctor) conduct disorder. His behaviour is pretty OTT at the moment too - example I found money missing from my wallet - I was in son's room looking for the water jug and found equal amount of money in his room - also it was in same denominations - so I picked it up and put it back in my wallet and was accused of stealing from him. He then got the metal pipe off the vacuum cleaner and bashed in about a one foot square hole in his bedroom wall. Then he put a hole in the linen cupboard door, then he got a carving knife christened it Kevin and started waving it about - hmmm this is "borderline" conduct disorder? Yes I need to be very calm and in control at all times.
  • _J_en
    _J_en Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I'm very excited to start. Feel like it will be the kick start I need!!
    :smile:
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and welcome to Monday and the official start of the challenge!!

Great goals above, from food and exercise, right down to the cat. What about calling it Claude (clawed), I've never had a cat but I think that's a great name :smile:

Honey, hope you have a terrific time at the wedding :) taking a break is almost compulsory under those circumstances!

Mungo, OMG. I'm so sorry to read that!!! I'm not sure if it would help, but in Brain Grain (great book) the author Dr David Perlmutter talks about behavioural disorders and the elimination of grains and gluten from the diet to improve and eliminate ADHD. It's also recommended for kids with Aspergers and Autism and just about anything brain related really... So hard to deal with things like that, make sure you have some "space" for yourself.

I weighed myself this morning and was pissed off (with myself) to see 65.5kg show up on the scale. A gain of 3 kilos since last week!! LOL!! I've had a very high carb weekend, as a result have a massive pain in my stomach this morning which also looks like I've blown it up with a balloon - I had bread last night and I just can't eat it any more. Bread doesn't like me at all, but I love eating it. I've got to remember what happens the next day, not pretty.

So to counteract my 10,000 calorie weekend, I'll be cutting back for the next 3 days. I know I'll be back down on the scale by Tuesday, but I can't help asking why I keep doing this to myself.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm still a yo-yo dieter, just on a smaller scale... This is something that I really want to concentrate on in the next 12 weeks. Getting my eating back into a more consistent pattern and not completely blowing out on weekends and then spending all week restricting myself to get back to my Friday state of being...

Consistency is something I've always struggled with!!

Ok, so I had better get ready for and off to work now - I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Eat well and do something to be active today!

Oh, and the Instagram hashtag is #TTTAussies for your pics :heart:
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Skim, that sounds so much like me!
    I have learned that I am super-sensitive to sodium *and* carbs, especially now that I have been limiting them. Over the last few weeks, my weight has fluctuated up to eight pounds in a single week. (I didn't even know that was possible!) But, like you said, it always normalizes when I watch the carbs and sodium...

Right now, it's still Sunday for me; tomorrow, I am starting on the eight-week Fitness Blender fat loss plan that I purchased. I *do* plan to keep my calories low-ish during the week to allow a *little* more freedom on the weekends...but just a LITTLE!!!

Oh, and *I WILL* read my affirmation...over and over and over...
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning and was pissed off (with myself) to see 65.5kg show up on the scale. A gain of 3 kilos since last week!! LOL!! I've had a very high carb weekend, as a result have a massive pain in my stomach this morning which also looks like I've blown it up with a balloon - I had bread last night and I just can't eat it any more. Bread doesn't like me at all, but I love eating it. I've got to remember what happens the next day, not pretty.

So to counteract my 10,000 calorie weekend, I'll be cutting back for the next 3 days. I know I'll be back down on the scale by Tuesday, but I can't help asking why I keep doing this to myself.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm still a yo-yo dieter, just on a smaller scale... This is something that I really want to concentrate on in the next 12 weeks. Getting my eating back into a more consistent pattern and not completely blowing out on weekends and then spending all week restricting myself to get back to my Friday state of being...

Know how you feel Skim - I had a weekend off the restrictions whilst entertaining family from America. Something that I've eaten has given me a terrible tummy ache and given me a food baby that has lasted 2 days!

I've decided not to weigh myself until the feeling passes though. No need to beat myself up about having a good time or food that doesn't agree with me anymore. Expect my weigh in on Tues or Wed :)
  • Danispen
    Danispen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mixture of excitement and anxiety for me this week. Excited to see where I can be at the end of this 12 week challenge and the group support. Anxious because I have to go back to work on Wednesday and continue the momentum I have achieved over the holiday break. So the TTTA challenge has come at a great time because by the time it finishes I will be on holidays again.
    The first bit is busy, busy. Getting to know them, establishing routines, them getting to know you (just like this challenge really).

So my weekly goals:
    I will go with the flow, maintain perspective and not allow my work life to interfere with my health life
    I will go to the gym at least 5 times this week
    I will read all about the C2K app that I downloaded yesterday and start it.
    I will continue to make healthy food choices

Good luck on achieving those weekly goals to all. I can't wait to hear about the cat too.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options

Know how you feel Skim - I had a weekend off the restrictions whilst entertaining family from America. Something that I've eaten has given me a terrible tummy ache and given me a food baby that has lasted 2 days!

I've decided not to weigh myself until the feeling passes though. No need to beat myself up about having a good time or food that doesn't agree with me anymore. Expect my weigh in on Tues or Wed :)

I'm in the samne boat this morning. Was good all week and then ate all the food on the weekend. Too scared to hop on the scales this morning even though I know that a lot of it will come off.

So the plan for the week is Football training monday and wednesday, a game of AFL 9s on Thursday and strength training Tues and Fri. Hopefully will fit something in on Sat but I'm heading to a wedding that's about 6 hours away so it might not happen. I have Weddings this coming weekend and next, then I go away to Bali/Vietnam for three weeks and have a wedding the weekend after I get back. Hard to keep losing in those circumstance but I will try
This discussion has been closed.