Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I did W5D2 last night. I feel great, but am very nervious for W5D3 tomorrow...jumping from 8 minutes running to 20 seems like a HUGE leap.

Slow down if you need to!

I don't know that it would be possible for me to go slower and still be "running", lol! I'm already only going 4mph on the treadmill.

But, you know what?? I DID IT. I RAN FOR 20 WHOLE MINUTES!! It was amazing, and I don't even feel like I want to cut my legs off today!

:drinker:

Way to go!
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Last night we (my sister & I) tackeled week 3 day 1. I was SUPER nervous for the 3 minute run, but we totally killed it!!! I may even do it again tonight I felt so good afterwards. :)
  • nh38318
    nh38318 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    W4D3 completed today. Looking forward to W5 :)
  • GrindingSalt
    GrindingSalt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    W9D1 : ) : ) : ) Done!

I'm overjoyed that I ran for 30 minutes today. Never, ever did I think I could do that.
  • dauvis
    dauvis Posts: 57
    Options
    Completed W8D2
  • socunpato
    Options
    Just completed W6D2. My first run with rain!
  • ShubhaBansal
    ShubhaBansal Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 3 day 2 today...I was also very nervous for 3 mins run but did n feel good.
  • chachabear79
    chachabear79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow , doing week 3,day 1 . A little nervous. Hope I can get through it. We'll see ,wish me luck:indifferent:
    -
  • dauvis
    dauvis Posts: 57
    Options
    Completed W8D3
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I did W5D2 last night. I feel great, but am very nervious for W5D3 tomorrow...jumping from 8 minutes running to 20 seems like a HUGE leap.

It's not 8 minutes of running to 20 minutes. It's 16 minutes of running separated by a short walk break. Trust the program - you are more than ready for this.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Just completed W6D2. My first run with rain!

And it was awesome, wasn't it!??
  • likitisplit
    Options

Slow down if you need to!

I don't know that it would be possible for me to go slower and still be "running", lol! I'm already only going 4mph on the treadmill.

But, you know what?? I DID IT. I RAN FOR 20 WHOLE MINUTES!! It was amazing, and I don't even feel like I want to cut my legs off today!

It is such a milestone! Make me happy and tell me you embarrassed yourself by doing a victory dance like I did :)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    W6D2.... Couldn't finish the second run. :(. I did a 4 mile Walk with Leslie DVD yesterday, and my legs revolted. But never mind! I'll get it on Friday!!

That is a terrible, terrible run. I understand why it's there now, but I used to think it was motivation to look forward to the longer unbroken runs. Lol
  • likitisplit
    Options
    So. This is my 4th round with C25K. 3 times before, I haven't made it. This time, I am going to. Today, I ran W7D1. And I didn't meant to do it - I have followed the program successfully in every prior run. But today I managed to run right through the scheduled cool down walk, and take 5 after that to cool down. I ran for 30 straight minutes. I am unstoppable. I am a runner!

I am so happy for you!!!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Hi, new here!
    I finished week 7 before the weather got too cold and too messy to go out (Minnesota). But I just ordered some Yaktrax, and can't wait to get out again! I'm a bit nervous about picking it back up since its been at least 6 weeks :/. Trying to decide where to start again.

6 weeks is a long time. Try running for a half mile and then walking for a minute. Do that four times for a total of 2 miles. If that feels good to you, progress by dropping out the walk breaks when you can. If not...maybe week four? Or start over?
  • hon918
    hon918 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Completed W7D1 plus a few minutes to get to 2 miles.
  • jeridith
    jeridith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Completed W6D2 (finally!)
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just stumbled upon this group and am hoping I can jump in to keep myself accountable. I completed the program a few years back and am now trying to get back into running after a hiatus - today was week 4 day 2 for me. '

Good luck to everyone!
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I just ROCKED the infamous W5D3 20 minute run - RAWR! :happy: At a pace of 6.5 the whole way through, too. Bring it on W6...
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I woke up at 5:15AM and left at 6:14AM this morning to do week 2 day 2 (though I used day 1 since I did day one on day 2 by mistake). My average pace was nearly a minute faster then week 2 day 1 and I also went further! :D