Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Congrats to those who graduated this week!!! It is great seeing others ahead of me accomplish their goals! I'll be there soon! Here is my update: RunDouble Update I completed C25K Week 7 Day 2 (2.24 miles), in 25:00, pace 5.4 mph, with @RunDouble 2.24 miles in 25:00, speed 5.38 mph

I had all but talked myself out of my run this morning. I even posted my excuse (though it felt real at the time) on my wall so that I felt justified skipping today. Then one buddy encouraged me to push through. That little push was all I needed. I knew she was right and I should at least try instead of just counting myself out! So I tried, and kept pushing all the way til the end. I did walk once for about 90 seconds,but I finished with an average pace of 5.4 mph (11:09 min/mile). So I am thrilled with that pace. Total distance with wu/cd was 2.82 miles at a total avg. pace of 4.8 mph. or 12:24 min/mile

Once again it was my longest and fastest paced run. So although it isn't a lot faster, I am still improving with every single run, so I love it! Thanks to Christy for pushing me!
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Today was the last day. My time came in at 12:59 pace per mile. I am pleased and very happy to be done with the program! Goal!

Wonderful!! Congratulations and well done :smile:
  • knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    W2 d2 completed. The runs feel long, but then so do the walking segments. I somehow managed to miss the cue for the first run, but ran the last minute to (almost) make up for it.

Just peeked ahead to Wk3. 3 minutes??
  • chantels1
    Options
    W2 d2 completed. The runs feel long, but then so do the walking segments. I somehow managed to miss the cue for the first run, but ran the last minute to (almost) make up for it.

It seems so overwhelming, but in 5 weeks you will be running 25 minutes straight. Trust the program, trust your body! You can do it!
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I competed the C25k Program yesterday... woohoo! ran 2.5miles.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Finished W2D3 today. Saturday starts week three. The three minute jog seems a bit daunting, though not nearly as bad as the infamous W5D3.
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Great job on finishing!! :)

Also - knkmfp - you totally can do it :) It'll suck, it's not going to be easy, but you'll be surprised at what you can push your body to do! Just a minute extra here and there and then you're like me, in week 6! Going "how the hell did I get here? this is awesome!"

Speaking of which - W6D2 down :D Hurt my back before the run, stretched a ton trying to get it to pop back into place but it didn't. Waffled on whether I should run or not and said eff it, let's go! And I did :D And it was great! Last 3 minutes of the run segment sucked, as usual, and I didn't bring my water which was total fail. But I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO! :)
  • chantels1
    Options
    What the heck @pinkstp?!!! I totally jacked up my upper back this morning too!!! I turned my head wrong, and couldn't hardly move without shooting pains between my shoulder blades. Tried my hardest to pop it back in as well, and failed. Stretched a bit during my warm up and went for it too. Usually jogging when my back is out, it total torture, but today it actually helped! BTW, the last 6+ minutes of my runs kill me, so I changed my app to announce every 3 minutes, so when I get to the last 6 or so minutes I can push through. It really helped today! . I push a stroller during my run, so I had water, but was still cranky with my toddler when she kept talking to me toward the end and I was out of breath and just trying to focus on finishing! Poor girl has a mean momma!
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Morgan Freeman needs to narrate my Wk7D1 run because it was epic!!! Well not in line with The 300 epic but still great for me. I did the full 25 minutes without feeling winded or tired. I even dropped 35 seconds off my pace from my Wk5D3 run. Giving me a pace of 13:26 and covering 1.86 miles. With WU/CD it's 14:38 and 2.39 miles. I'm going to hit a different route on Saturday and see how the change in terrain effects pace and general feeling of well being. Tonight was fairly flat with one or two downhills and one steepish climb. Trying to do more flat on Saturday.
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Morgan Freeman needs to narrate ..

Love that idea! :smile:

Yesterday I attempted W7D2 but had to stop 3 times because my legs were so heavy I just couldn't get them off the ground. :grumble: Does this mean I should repeat that day? Or should I just move on to W7D3 which is the same anyway? This is the first time I have had to stop during one of the long runs. W6D3 went really well, but W7 has been a slog so far.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options

Yesterday I attempted W7D2 but had to stop 3 times because my legs were so heavy I just couldn't get them off the ground. :grumble: Does this mean I should repeat that day? Or should I just move on to W7D3 which is the same anyway? This is the first time I have had to stop during one of the long runs. W6D3 went really well, but W7 has been a slog so far.

Personally, I'd see how the next one goes. As you say, it's the same run so it could be today was just one of those bad run days.

If you really struggled with W7D1 too, with the next one you might want to slow your pace a tiny bit just to make the run doable.

I found the last three weeks of the programme interesting as it gave me a chance to compare constant runs for the first time and I was surprised at how much of a variation there could be between some days even when outside factors remained fairly similar - all part of the fun! :)
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I am doing W3D2 tomorrow!

I was so proud I ran 3 min 2x yesterday. I was at 30 seconds running 5 weeks ago!

Yaay! I'm proud of you, too.
    Hope everyone is having a great day!

We have a town hall meeting at work today, so I took an early lunch just to get my work out in. I did Week 2, Day 2 today. Still loving this program!
    Nice to see that you're planning your day around your workouts. That's great!
    Today was the last day. My time came in at 12:59 pace per mile. I am pleased and very happy to be done with the program! Goal!
    Congratulations! :bigsmile:

At least you tried to make it up. And, yes, I can't wait for wk 3.
  • TanyaAJ
    TanyaAJ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Ran 5k this morning for the virtual 5k challenge: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080026-virtual-5k-august-23-25-2013

Stats:
    Run time: 33:03 (2 seconds faster than my first official 5k earlier this month!)
    Pace: 10:36 min/mile

I ran in my neighborhood this morning, paved with rolling hills. Normally a nice place to run. Not so today. If I hadn't jumped out of the way, I would have been hit by an idiot racing down the street in a minivan! He got the stone cold stare of death when I ran past him as he sat at the corner waiting for the school bus to pick up his kid.
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Great job guys :)

@mtndew - AWESOME! I don't know if him narrating my run would help haha.

Hmm... I'll have to see if I can change my app because when she calls "last minute" my brain tries to make me quit. Glad to know I'm not the only one who has to convince myself that I'm not dying for the last 3+ minutes!

My back is still killing today but at least I know that running didn't hurt / help it. No excuses. Also, need to find a chiro here ;)
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    [/quote]

I'd see how day 3 goes like Yamsteroo suggested. If day 3 feels the same way then yeah I'd repeat it, with a slower pace. Maybe take an extra rest day just to give your legs a chance to relax from the added running time. Hope this helps and that your next run is great!!
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    Ran 5k this morning for the virtual 5k challenge: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080026-virtual-5k-august-23-25-2013

Stats:
    Run time: 33:03 (2 seconds faster than my first official 5k earlier this month!)
    Pace: 10:36 min/mile

I ran in my neighborhood this morning, paved with rolling hills. Normally a nice place to run. Not so today. If I hadn't jumped out of the way, I would have been hit by an idiot racing down the street in a minivan! He got the stone cold stare of death when I ran past him as he sat at the corner waiting for the school bus to pick up his kid.

Great job on your 5k!!! Sorry about the idiot in the minivan, I hope next time he keeps an eye out for pedestrians.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    Great job guys :)

@mtndew - AWESOME! I don't know if him narrating my run would help haha.

Hmm... I'll have to see if I can change my app because when she calls "last minute" my brain tries to make me quit. Glad to know I'm not the only one who has to convince myself that I'm not dying for the last 3+ minutes!

My back is still killing today but at least I know that running didn't hurt / help it. No excuses. Also, need to find a chiro here ;)

What app do you use that it says last minute? That would definetly signal my brain to start coasting to a stop. Boo

Hope your back feels better soon, a chiro could be a good idea.
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am doing W4D3 tomorrow and am SO excited!!! Should be done around week of Sep 23, signed up for first 5K on Oct 5! Now, if my knees would stop hurting SO BADLY I COULD DIE when I am done then we would be golden! They don't hurt when I run, just give me evil-bursitis-ness-agnoizing-pain the minute I stop. At least it's moved from the left knee to the right. Argh. I am worried that when I can actually run 3 miles they might give out completely at the finish line :( Can anyone give me taping/bracing ideas/help? I always ice and ibuprofen immediately when I'm done and wear compression sleeves on my legs...
  • chantels1
    Options

I did W7D2 yesterday as well and walked once for about 90 seconds. I am not repeating it. Moving to day 3 tomorrow! :-) Week 7 has been difficult for me. Not sure why, but I always feel better after my run!