Daily Check In Thread

Replies

• arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Finished Week 6 Day 3 today and felt really good. After 15 minutes the running was quite easy and I was able to go a lot faster for the last 10. Can't believe how much different it feels when I run now compared to weeks 1 and 2
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 587 Member
    I rocked week 5, day 3 today!!! I ran all 20 minutes just by telling myself that I could over and over again. I thought I was done for at 10 minutes but once I hit 15 minutes it became easy and I was able to finish. I don't know what changed. I seriously feel like I could take on the world! It is such an accomplishment for me :)
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Well done all you guys getting the epic W5D3 out of the way - it's quite an achievement and really changes your mind-set as to how far you think you can run - now you can run forever! :bigsmile:
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    W2D1 completed.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Well done to everyone going through the course.
    I'm currently using the Zombies! Run 5k trainer as part of my routine since finishing C25K a few months ago.

I do have this advice to everyone doing the program, KEEP RUNNING. I had 2 weeks off running recently (for a lame reason) and I am now struggling to do my 30 mins/5km
  • I actually did it :-) W1D1 last night using Chubby Jones podcast :-)
  • velocityc6
    W2D2 , 31 minutes = 2.33 miles = 13 minutes walking at the end = 3.2 miles. Feeling good
  • velocityc6
    W2D3 is complete
  • jeridith
    jeridith Posts: 67 Member
    W1D1! Can't believe I did it! I detest running, so when I heard about this app, I was pretty confident it couldn't make me run, but surprise surprise it did! And it wasn't too bad! I'm actually looking forward to day 2!
  • MamaDubbs65
    MamaDubbs65 Posts: 43 Member
    Congrats to those who just completed day 1 :D

I've been at this since November 6th and should be done but life has gotten in the way. I won't give up though!! Completed week 5 day 2 yesterday. I am so much stronger today and can walk up a couple flights of stairs with no problem. I'm so thankful I found this program :)
  • velocityc6
    That is wonderful
  • jeridith
    W1D2 done. Wasn't nearly as enjoyable as day 1, as my muscles were in rebellion but it's done!
  • jeridith
    W1D3 done! Wasn't too bad, except I wasn't paying enough attention and took a wrong turn taking me to THE biggest elevation climb in town! Coming back was easy though. :). One week down, now to just find the motivation to keep going next week!
  • W1D2 after a bit of a break. Calf muscles in the right leg got pretty painful - think I need to pay much more attention to stretching before the run. I did buy a Foot Rocker which helps stretch a bit.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,446 Member
    I have had so many starts and stops. After a few weeks break, and renewed focus with an upcoming 5k, I am trying to get in track. My 5k is perfectly timed for me to complete the whole cycle.

Did w2d1 this morning, and plan to do a MWSa schedule to prep for my 5k. It has been 3 weeks since my last run and it was tough! Hopefully it gets easier soon. :)

Still fighting my hilly neighborhood but I think I have figured out both a weekend and weekday route that is not too bad.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    W7D1

Definitely not feeling it today, and what was supposed to be a 25 min run, turned more into a 5 minute run :laugh: I walked the rest of the time.

One of the things I've enjoyed and discovered about my mental relationship with running is that it is a constant challenge to be equally engaged mentally as I am physically. I know my body can handle it, I ran 22 minutes straight on W6D3 no problem. But today? My brain was just not having any of it. This is probably one of the reasons why I have stuck with the program and why I will continue to run long after i graduate and beyond. The challenge keeps me going.

Anyway, I don't plan on repeating the day. I'll just continue as scheduled.
  • jeridith
    W2D1 complete. Totally agree about the mind and body thing! It took a powerful amount of mind talk to get out the door this morning, but was well worth it! Saw a fox heading home after his night out (killing folks chickens probably!) which was pretty amazing, as I've seen very few live ones. A gorgeous creature, even if they wreck havoc on chickens! :)
  • velocityc6
    W4D1 is in the books
  • jeridith
    W2D2 complete!
  • dauvis
    dauvis Posts: 57
    I just found this group and joined. This is my second attempt to add running to my regimen. The first time I ended because I was having some serious pain in my foot. After losing some more weight, I have started again this time following this program. Today, I completed W2D3.
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    NEWBIE to this Group, is this where I POST?

Starting W1D1 tomorrow. I haven't run in nearly a year - so back to square one I go. Plus I gained all my weight back (25lbs).
  • Hi folks I am new....I am awful at running but I am very determined and disciplined.
    I am doing C25K on treadmill and currently at W5D1 which I have redone 2x already...(5R,3WL,6R,3W,5R)
    I am a bit scared of W5D2 (5R,3W,8R,5W,5R) because of the 8R in there but I will try to give it a go by end of the week

I am doing really bad off treadmill...just trying to get through W1D1 (1R,1.5Wx6) is very hard for me... :((( but Rome wasnt built in a day :)
  • velocityc6
    Finished W4D2 yesterday. So far , so good.
  • bpcreel
    bpcreel Posts: 21 Member
    I just started today! Finished W1D1 this morning!
  • velocityc6
    Way to go
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    I just completed the dreaded W5D3 workout today:

What I was expected to do: 5 min warmup, jog 2 miles (20 min), 5 min cooldown

What I actually did: 5 min warmup, 12 min jog, 3 min walk break, 5 min jog, 5 min cooldown

I did this on the treadmill since it's 8 degrees outside with a -20 windchill, eff that! My pace was a little slow 13min/mi, but I'm focusing on endurance/distance right now. Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I was able to do. I don't plan on repeating this workout.

You will want to slow down until you can complete the 20 minute run. Good job!
  • likitisplit
    I rocked week 5, day 3 today!!! I ran all 20 minutes just by telling myself that I could over and over again. I thought I was done for at 10 minutes but once I hit 15 minutes it became easy and I was able to finish. I don't know what changed. I seriously feel like I could take on the world! It is such an accomplishment for me :)

A - AMAZING! YOU GO!
    B - The first 10 minutes suck. They suck for the elite runners and they suck for us. It's your body's way of protecting its precious fat stores. After you push through that, you get to see what kind of run you are going to have. It's not always going to be amazing. But you don't know whether or not until you get through those first 10 minutes.
    C - THAT IS SO TERRIFIC!
    D - Hmm, so the limitations you had as a runner aren't real...if you keep training, just how far do you think you CAN go?
  • likitisplit
    Well done to everyone going through the course.
    I'm currently using the Zombies! Run 5k trainer as part of my routine since finishing C25K a few months ago.

I do have this advice to everyone doing the program, KEEP RUNNING. I had 2 weeks off running recently (for a lame reason) and I am now struggling to do my 30 mins/5km

What Becky had me do was warm up walk (5 mins), then run 1/4 mile, walk a minute, run 1/4 mile, walk a minute (repeat for a total of 2 miles) then cool down walk (5 mins). Saved my butt back in June.

I call it "Rduhlir's Recovery Run" and have used it every time I had to take time off this past year.
  • likitisplit
    Hi folks I am new....I am awful at running but I am very determined and disciplined.
    I am doing C25K on treadmill and currently at W5D1 which I have redone 2x already...(5R,3WL,6R,3W,5R)
    I am a bit scared of W5D2 (5R,3W,8R,5W,5R) because of the 8R in there but I will try to give it a go by end of the week

I am doing really bad off treadmill...just trying to get through W1D1 (1R,1.5Wx6) is very hard for me... :((( but Rome wasnt built in a day :)

I was worse at running than you a year ago.

It sounds like you aren't slow enough yet. Are you running more slowly than you can walk?
  • likitisplit
    Finished W4D2 yesterday. So far , so good.

You are rocking and rolling!