Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I did W6D2 this morning. It's the last of the intervals, on to steady runs starting Friday.

1.74 miles, 23 min, 13:14 min/mile, 4.53 mph

including warm up and cool down
    2.32 miles, 33 min, 14:12 min/mile

Great job! When I see others hitting these numbers, I know I can do it too!
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Forgot to check in the last few days. They were just repeats of W2D1 that I had been practicing different variations of. I was trying to see if I could handle the next wk, 3 min runs. I can.

I also learned that you really do have to follow the plan and take at least a day off if you don't want to tire yourself out too quick. The only time I didn't run between 8/11 and 8/18 was 8/12. Towards the end of that time period, I was trying to run for a part of the 2-minute walk. Nope. My body wasn't having it. I took Monday and Tuesday off and actually followed the plan and now W2 is a breeze! Instead of doing the cool down completely, I ran 3 straight minutes just to see again if I could be ready for W3. I did it! Can't wait. Anyway, today's stats:

31 minutes - 2.17 miles @ 14:16 min/mile - Fastest @ 11:44 min/mile - Longest @ .14 miles

Pace yourselves! :smile:

Remember the rest day and keep it holy..... I think it's Commandment One of the 10 Commandments of Running. You're doing an awesome job, keep it up!
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    Yesterday, I did 5 to 10k w5d1 RunDouble Distance version- 2 runs of 3 miles each with a 500 yd walk in the middle.
    Stats:
    Running Pace: 11:00
    Fastest Interval 10:39

I now have a blister on the ball of my left foot, despite all my efforts to prevent that! UGH!

Great job on your run!! I can't even imagine running that far YET. As too the blister have you tried duct tape? I haven't myself but I've heard some people swear by it.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    I did W6D2 this morning. It's the last of the intervals, on to steady runs starting Friday.

1.74 miles, 23 min, 13:14 min/mile, 4.53 mph

including warm up and cool down
    2.32 miles, 33 min, 14:12 min/mile

Well done!! You'll do great on D3!
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    W6D1 - why did this seem harder than the 20 minute run? Also seriously think it's time it for new shoes or something, it feels like my sock is bunching up under my arch and then as I'm running I try to straighten it out? Then I get shin splints? Maybe I'm imagining my socks being bunched up because when I get home, they never are. Frustrating :(

Just a crap day over all though, glad I at least got the run in and didn't murder anyone on my way home from work haha ;) There's always tomorrow!

Even a crappy run is better then no run.
    How old are your shoes? Or do you just think that the fit is off? I've heard Asics rub on the arch because of the way they are molded/constructed. So if you have Asics you might just need an insert? Get thee to a running store......

Ugh it just erased my whole response. Anyway I have only worn these shoes since May, an started running in them at mid-July. They're New Balance. I have kind of a jacked up right leg (from childhood, maybe sitting on it weird?) it rotates out slightly so maybe that combined with running isn't working? I really need to find a good running store near me!!

@smaihlee oh crud I didn't look ahead, 2 10's? Good luck to us both ;)

Great job on the rest of your runs, ladies! :) It's awesome to see so many of us checking in and holding each other somewhat accountable! :) I'm trying to get pumped for w6d2 tomorrow. Sounds like I'm going to need pump my music louder - every time she says "halfway done" or "one minute left" my body tries to tell me "whoa you've been running for forever, why don't you just stop and take a break". Blergh! Leave me alone, I'm trying to do good here!! ;)
  • telepathe
    Options
    Just started! Today was W1D1. What can I say, I'm excited and can't wait for my second workout :smile:
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    After a few light exercise days (and no C25K) because I wasn't feeling too well, I finally completed W2D2! I almost put it off another day but am so glad I pushed myself to go. It was my best run yet; I wasn't out of breath and was able to keep my endurance up the entire time.

I felt great and like I wanted to run even more after I was over. Maybe I'm more of a night runner than an afternoon runner.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Just started! Today was W1D1. What can I say, I'm excited and can't wait for my second workout :smile:

Congratulations!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    W6D1 - why did this seem harder than the 20 minute run? Also seriously think it's time it for new shoes or something, it feels like my sock is bunching up under my arch and then as I'm running I try to straighten it out? Then I get shin splints? Maybe I'm imagining my socks being bunched up because when I get home, they never are. Frustrating :(

Just a crap day over all though, glad I at least got the run in and didn't murder anyone on my way home from work haha ;) There's always tomorrow!

How old are your shoes? Or do you just think that the fit is off? I've heard Asics rub on the arch because of the way they are molded/constructed. So if you have Asics you might just need an insert? Get thee to a running store......

Ugh it just erased my whole response. Anyway I have only worn these shoes since May, an started running in them at mid-July. They're New Balance. I have kind of a jacked up right leg (from childhood, maybe sitting on it weird?) it rotates out slightly so maybe that combined with running isn't working? I really need to find a good running store near me!!

Great job on the rest of your runs, ladies! :) It's awesome to see so many of us checking in and holding each other somewhat accountable! :) I'm trying to get pumped for w6d2 tomorrow. Sounds like I'm going to need pump my music louder - every time she says "halfway done" or "one minute left" my body tries to tell me "whoa you've been running for forever, why don't you just stop and take a break". Blergh! Leave me alone, I'm trying to do good here!! ;)

Your sock isn't bunched up, but could it be your shoe liner?

Oh and the infamous W6 D1 - I was cussing all the way through that second interval. Yeah, let me walk just enough to cool down and then make me run again. I was SO grateful to go back to straight runs that I question whether it's planned that way.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Congratulations on getting out there!
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I completed Week 1, Day 2 this morning. Getting out of bed to do it was just sooooo hard this morning. I really thought about not doing it. When I say I forced myself to put on my workout clothes and start walking its an understatement. THEN 2 minutes into the walk part I was just thrilled with myself. I went on to enjoy it just so much. Now I feel set for the day. I just have such a great great feeling that I did it. I also feel getting myself moving that early gave me such a happy feeling, a glowy feeling (corny but true).

Just goes to show me that its not the exercise that is difficult its finding that motivation to get out of bed and put on my work clothes.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did Week 11, Day 2 of C210K (about 4.8 miles). I hope to break 5 miles on Saturday. :)
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did Week 11, Day 2 of C210K (about 4.8 miles). I hope to break 5 miles on Saturday. :)

This.
    Once again - I came here to update and you had already said what I was going to say :) It's almost like we run together.

Weekend runs are actually usually a little more difficult for me - I don't run as well during the day in the sun (and evenings on the weekends are usually full) I may try and squeeze it in Friday night after work - then again on Sunday night.
  • asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am doing W3D2 tomorrow!

I was so proud I ran 3 min 2x yesterday. I was at 30 seconds running 5 weeks ago!
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    W9, D2 is complete! One more run!
  • Putcake
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great day!

We have a town hall meeting at work today, so I took an early lunch just to get my work out in. I did Week 2, Day 2 today. Still loving this program!
  • Putcake
    Options
    I completed Week 1, Day 2 this morning. Getting out of bed to do it was just sooooo hard this morning. I really thought about not doing it. When I say I forced myself to put on my workout clothes and start walking its an understatement. THEN 2 minutes into the walk part I was just thrilled with myself. I went on to enjoy it just so much. Now I feel set for the day. I just have such a great great feeling that I did it. I also feel getting myself moving that early gave me such a happy feeling, a glowy feeling (corny but true).

Just goes to show me that its not the exercise that is difficult its finding that motivation to get out of bed and put on my work clothes.

Glad you were able to get up and get moving! That can definitely be the hardest part. Way to go!
  • Putcake
    Options

Great job! Glad you liked it!
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Your sock isn't bunched up, but could it be your shoe liner?

Oh and the infamous W6 D1 - I was cussing all the way through that second interval. Yeah, let me walk just enough to cool down and then make me run again. I was SO grateful to go back to straight runs that I question whether it's planned that way.

I dont' think it's the shoe liner either though, everything is totally normal when I stop running and take the shoes off. But maybe I can test that theory out next time I run and just do a full pause and check! It's a very weird feeling.

Yeah so... I was so stoked for intervals after that 20 minute run and then w6d1 was not fun haha :) Will post back tonight after w6d2!

Glad to see the rest of you checking in and kicking butt! :)
  • sdionnemoore
    sdionnemoore Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Today was the last day. My time came in at 12:59 pace per mile. I am pleased and very happy to be done with the program! Goal!