February 2014 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    After a rest day that actually lasted 5 days I am finally back at it.. 7 miles this morning..TTD 72 miles

exercise.png
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I haven't been updating here, so I'm adding more miles that I've walked and done on the elliptical.. Needless to say, I've been slacking. I can't seem to get back into my rhythm. I have been eating wrong, skipping the gym. I've gained a few too! I'm still in a healthy BMI range(21.8), but I need to get this under control! Today I started a carb detox. Has anyone else ever tried something like that??

I have been a yo-yo dieter and exerciser for years - i would go strong and be all or nothing. when i fell out of routine or had a couple days of slipping up, i would get depressed, discouraged, think i had failed, and then wallow in it, which of course only made the problem worse. NOT ANYMORE! I have really changed my outlook on exercise and eating right and losing weight. I am learning to have grace for myself and to realize this is a marathon, not a sprint. Maybe a slip up means that it will take me a week longer to reach my ultimate goal, but who cares?!? it's not going to define me. It's not going to keep me down. Every day is a new day to make better choices. I write this to encourage you - that even if you're out of rhythm, keep pressing on. Make 1 more healthy choice today than you did yesterday. Don't give up!
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Got some extra miles in this weekend on the bike and treadmill so I have passed my goal already but I am still going to try to get as close to 45 miles with walking and running alone since that was what I had planned when I set my goal.

exercise.png
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I haven't been updating here, so I'm adding more miles that I've walked and done on the elliptical.. Needless to say, I've been slacking. I can't seem to get back into my rhythm. I have been eating wrong, skipping the gym. I've gained a few too! I'm still in a healthy BMI range(21.8), but I need to get this under control! Today I started a carb detox. Has anyone else ever tried something like that??

I have been a yo-yo dieter and exerciser for years - i would go strong and be all or nothing. when i fell out of routine or had a couple days of slipping up, i would get depressed, discouraged, think i had failed, and then wallow in it, which of course only made the problem worse. NOT ANYMORE! I have really changed my outlook on exercise and eating right and losing weight. I am learning to have grace for myself and to realize this is a marathon, not a sprint. Maybe a slip up means that it will take me a week longer to reach my ultimate goal, but who cares?!? it's not going to define me. It's not going to keep me down. Every day is a new day to make better choices. I write this to encourage you - that even if you're out of rhythm, keep pressing on. Make 1 more healthy choice today than you did yesterday. Don't give up!

Great advice! This is something I really needed to hear and do better with myself. Thanks for posting it.
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Mon 2/17

4.25 Miles walking today = 10.75

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Yesterday walked 4.16 miles

today walked 3.51 miles

80.49 miles walked to date
  • sunflower9194
    sunflower9194 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    A couple more this weekend for a total MTD 48.3

Ovj2m5.png
  • ala140
    ala140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    7.5 bike

exercise.png
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Going for 1000 miles again this month - as long as the weather holds

01-02: 10.64 miles
    02-02: 34.11 miles
    03-02: 50.42 miles
    04-02: 51.12 miles
    05-02: 51.26 miles
    06-02: 50.11 miles
    07-02: 34.33 miles
    08-02: 33.44 miles
    09-02: 33.41 miles
    10-02: 41.03 miles
    11-02: 44.61 miles
    12-02: rest day
    13-02: 38.12 miles
    14-02: 42.34 miles
    15-02 - storm force winds
    16-02: 75.08 miles
    17-02: 50.06 miles
    February miles: 640.07

YTD miles: 1811
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options

Great advice! This is something I really needed to hear and do better with myself. Thanks for posting it.

Thanks, it is great advice. I've been down this road as well, up and down but always able to get back on track within a few days. But the sweet cravings are really doing me in. But I WILL do this!!
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Still on the couch and sick....I have my bell in hand, but nobody brings me hot chicken noodle soup when I ring it. :noway: And I still have to drive myself to the store to get some more Nyquil 'n stuff cuz I'm out. I think my bell might be broken. :laugh::bigsmile:

Dave

@Dave:
    :laugh: :laugh:
    I forgot about that video!! :laugh: :laugh: Yep. That video was just so... so... for man! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I just don't have any words. You poor thing! :wink:

But I really do hope that you'll get better real soon... it's not fun when the cheerleader captain is sick! :tongue:

So. Lets get serious now. I'm WAYYYYYY behind, and I probably won't reach my goal (but the month is still young), since I still can't run for another few days - my right ankle is still painful... :cry: But that's ok. I'd rather let it rest, than going back running too soon. I probably would have been able to go out for a run this morning, but Saturday morning, when I woke up I banged my toes (yes, of the right foot) really hard into the wall :sad: :sad: :sad: And believe me, I felt that in my ankle, and all the way up into my knee. My mommy would have been so mad :blushing: ... all the things that I've... said . :grumble: :angry: :mad: :explode: :devil: :devil: :devil:
    5 minutes were necessary for me to recover from the pain. Geez it was painful. :cry: :cry: So I guess that didn't help for the recovery...:noway:

So anyway, I'm here to update my very low mileage :laugh:

exercise.png

And don't forget @ss Movers!
    tumblr_n0yc8bQ08V1sr9vtpo1_500.jpg
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Added 3.66 miles yesterday
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    3.7 miles.

exercise.png
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    11.75 to add from the weekend

exercise.png
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Woah, I am behind. I'm at 50.4 miles this month.

exercise.png
  • Jcsmith5210
    Jcsmith5210 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Adding another 3walking bonus
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    ... 4.5 mile run today.

exercise.png
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    Options
    =======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

To view (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet, copy the following
    address into your browser:

http://www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

Welcome to CROPPINGQUEEN and HKRISTINE1! Got you added to the spreadsheet.

JENNIFERTSMITH - CONGRATS on your HALF!!! :drinker:

SPIKESMOM - Haven't heard of a 'carb detox', but maybe just returning to clean eating would be just as good...?

MOMOF2BOYZ832 - That's kinda what my one rest day turned into! Glad to see you back! :)

CONGRATS to BECCAB1981 for making GOAL!!! Good luck continuing on!!! :drinker::drinker:

SPPEDYF - Thanks...I had kinda forgotten about it too until Janet said "Poor little bunny" a couple days ago! :laugh: I'm SO SO sorry to hear you smashed your toe like that!! I bet you recited quite the string of words...even a few new made-up ones! :sad: That's the worst...I hope you didn't break anything! :noway:

KAR328 - How are you surviving those long weekend shifts? Hope you're done with them and getting to recover.

Thanks again to everyone for all the well wishes! I stayed home from work today to continue resting and I think I've turned the corner and just about have this kicked. Haven't had to take hardly any meds today and I didn't feel too horrible. Hoping to be even more normal tomorrow. :flowerforyou:

Dave
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    February 17: 7 miles - 4 miles elliptical and 3 walking

TTD: 170 miles

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.