Replies

• dauvis
    dauvis Posts: 57
    Options
    Complete W9D2
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 1, Day 1. I was so pumped up for it... but it was awful! My friend and I decided to start together, we both found it so hard. It didn't help that it poured rain and hailstone the entire time. :( But we're going to stick with it.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Starting again for my third attempt.. The first time I got to week five and was doing great before life got in the way. The second time I only made it to week three. This time, I am determined to finish. However, I'm not off to a good start. I did w1d1 yesterday and had to walk through two of the run segments :frown: . On to w1d2 tomorrow. I know I can, I know I can, I know I can...
    Hang in there, I'm starting again from mid-programme and it's a bit of a bummer to have lost some fitness. You'll get it back sooner than you know! Let's finish together this time :)
    Just completed week 6 day 3. I'm on a roll!
    Excellent!
    week 4 day 3 done today
    Keep going, you're entering the middle of the programme already!
    So this morning I did week 5 day 3.
    So very pleased with myself and I wanted to say thanks to those here who told me to keep focused and keep going; you were right- I have so got this!
    W5D3 is amazing to have done, good job!
    First time posting on here, although I've been reading a lot since I signed up about a week ago.

Just completed W1D3,
    Nice start, keep checking in if you want support along the way!
    W6D3 done, although I had to walk a minute or two towards the end. Will probably repeat this day on Monday, or until I can run the entire time (which I KNOW I can do!)
    Yes you can, it's all in the head at this point.
    I have to whine. I really, really want to be out walking/running right now, but I have a condition called Raynaud syndrome that makes me react badly to the cold and lose circulation in my toes when I'm outside for more than a few minutes.
    Sorry to hear this, but the weather will change soon enough. Can you pay day by day at a gym rather than commit to a monthly payment plan?
    W5D3 completed! Once I got past 10 minutes I found it quite easy! Cant wait for W6....
    Fantastic, it's a miraculous day, that one.
    C25K W6D2: I felt a distinct improvement in my endurance today. Those 10 minute runs separated by 3 minutes of walking felt like a snap! ^_^
    This is very motivational for me right now, thanks for posting it.
    Now time for me to get back with the programme - W5D3 repeat -here I come :)
    Go go gooo!
    Complete W9D2
    Nice job, you're almost done!
    Just finished Week 1, Day 1. I was so pumped up for it... but it was awful! My friend and I decided to start together, we both found it so hard. It didn't help that it poured rain and hailstone the entire time. :( But we're going to stick with it.
    Just stick with it, it'll get better, promise! I thought I'd die during my first week, but now running for a minute is a breeze.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Goodness, that was a lot of cheering you guys! Didn't realise that much had happened since my last post.

As for my own running today, it feels heavy and I tried W6D1 but will have to go back even further to catch up so to speak. Apparently there's a recovery run, which I'll look into shortly, but otherwise I'll do W4 next, just to get the intervals shorter.
  • dauvis
    Options
    W9D3 done :drinker:
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Congrats, that's awesome!!! How does it feel to have graduated?

I was at W8D3 but hurt my ankle and knee, so now I'm back mid-programme. Just did W4D1 again and think I'll keep working from there. Today was still quite heavy but I'm learning again to go slower, not mind the others so much.
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I did W4D1 today, after having taken quite a bit of time off through the winter (after having made it to week 8 before hand), I tried to increase my mileage too quickly, and in new snow cleats, and hurt my foot >-<. Foot feels much better today, just sore, so I went slow and made it through to the end. Trying to run through that snow is like trying to run through sand though. Not my cup of tea! Can't wait for spring!
  • GrindingSalt
    GrindingSalt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Haven't run in about a week b/c of an ankle injury, a cold, and several snowstorms. Ran tonight -- only 15 minutes. Had been up to a solid 30 (W9D1). Disappointing but all I can do is keep working & rebuilding my progress.
  • mema_king
    mema_king Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wk6 Day2 done. I'm definately recovering quicker. I think I actually enjoyed that.
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I finished week 5, day 2 today. I feel like it's getting a little easier now but maybe I should wait until after the 20 minute jog before I proclaim that, lol
  • BrendanScrote
    BrendanScrote Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 3 completed .... the step up from 30 to 25 minutes was much easier than I expected.

Feeling v proud of myself
  • dauvis
    Options
    Congrats, that's awesome!!! How does it feel to have graduated?

I was at W8D3 but hurt my ankle and knee, so now I'm back mid-programme. Just did W4D1 again and think I'll keep working from there. Today was still quite heavy but I'm learning again to go slower, not mind the others so much.

To be honest, somewhat surprised. Given my weight and general dislike of running (my attitude is changing :happy:), I figured that I would have to repeat a week or two. Just wish I was able to work outside a bit more but I guess that wasn't in the cards.
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I ran week 1/day 2 this morning. I didn't have trouble breathing, but felt run down and tired. I was sick yesterday and was unable to eat supper so I think that had a big part in my running today. Love the weather we have had. It was 65 this morning. The second half of my run I had a lot more wind. We have tornado weather coming in tonight.so I am glad I was able to get in my run before it starts raining.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I did W7D1 last night. It was easily my worst run since starting the program.

I was supposed to run for 25 minutes, and 10 minutes in I had the worst stitch I've ever gotten. I ended up taking a 3 minute walk break in the middle.

I'm trying to be positive with myself that I did finish the full time....but I can't lie, I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to push through for the entire 25 minutes.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

I was supposed to run for 25 minutes, and 10 minutes in I had the worst stitch I've ever gotten. I ended up taking a 3 minute walk break in the middle.

I'm trying to be positive with myself that I did finish the full time....but I can't lie, I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to push through for the entire 25 minutes.

Slow down and give it another go!
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Don't despair! Having to re-do runs here and there (especially once you get to the later weeks) is not unheard of. In fact, it can be a good thing! Listen to your body and stay inspired to improve a little each time. Who cares how many weeks it takes. ;)

EDIT: Typo.
  • GrindingSalt
    GrindingSalt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    !!!!!

My last run was crappy and before that I didn't run for almost a week bc of a cold/injury/snowstorm. Tonight I just wanted to get my full 30 minutes in.

For the past few weeks, after 20 minutes I've been taking a couple minutes walking break to catch my breath. I was fine with it -- knew it wasn't ideal but preferred being able to finish strong.

Walked for 5 minutes tonight to warm up and then just... kept going. I didn't stop once.

For 35 minutes straight.

When my app told me the 30 was up and to cool down with 5 minutes of walking, I decided to just... keep... going. I felt great. My breathing was calm, my body wasn't sore or tired or dead, everything just clicked, so I ran right through the warm-up.

And.. I went 3.2 miles : )

I could cry with happiness right now. When I was in middle school we were doing fitness testing and I was humiliated because I chose the half mile for the running portion of it and I couldn't do it at all. Since then, I've always avoided running because obviously I couldn't do it. But I can! And I did! I just did it!!!!

My first ever 5K is next Sunday, March 2nd. I can't wait.
  • mema_king
    mema_king Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well done Everyone! Please feel super proud of yourselves because we are all proud of you!::happy:

I did W6D3 today and my brain wasn't in it but I got through it!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    !!!!!

My last run was crappy and before that I didn't run for almost a week bc of a cold/injury/snowstorm. Tonight I just wanted to get my full 30 minutes in.

For the past few weeks, after 20 minutes I've been taking a couple minutes walking break to catch my breath. I was fine with it -- knew it wasn't ideal but preferred being able to finish strong.

Walked for 5 minutes tonight to warm up and then just... kept going. I didn't stop once.

For 35 minutes straight.

When my app told me the 30 was up and to cool down with 5 minutes of walking, I decided to just... keep... going. I felt great. My breathing was calm, my body wasn't sore or tired or dead, everything just clicked, so I ran right through the warm-up.

And.. I went 3.2 miles : )

I could cry with happiness right now. When I was in middle school we were doing fitness testing and I was humiliated because I chose the half mile for the running portion of it and I couldn't do it at all. Since then, I've always avoided running because obviously I couldn't do it. But I can! And I did! I just did it!!!!

My first ever 5K is next Sunday, March 2nd. I can't wait.

It's posts like this that keep me coming back to this thread! LOVE IT!!!
  • mildammm
    mildammm Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, I did it! W5D3!

I tried a couple of days ago at my usual 6mph pace (I figure, 30 mins @ 6mph is 5K, so I should aim for that pace) and it was a complete bust. It was so hot, I was crawling out of my skin. I guess I sweat so little that I don't cool down at this new (really hot) gym, and it became a real problem.

This time, I slowed down to 5mph, took off my shirt, dunked it under cold water, put it back on and ran for motherf***ing 20 minutes. SUCCESS!

By the end of the run, the (linen) tank was only damp. Short of spraying water on myself while on the treadmill, how do I keep cool? Any ideas from the non-sweaty for longer runs?