Whats your workout today

Options

Replies

• Busymomof003
    Busymomof003 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you- my son is fine, just need to get him to a dentist soon. Normally I do workout before they get up, but since it was Saturday and my husband was home- you'd think I'd be good to go!

Anyways, on Sunday I did Dynamix and Yoga X- felt great! This morning I did Eccentric Upper with my husband. He just kinda stood there when it was time for plyo push-ups, but I got down there and gave it my all! He followed my modification. :) I want to kill these workouts!

Another slight snafu to my weekend is our ice maker broke! Fortunately I found some trays, but my Shakeology just isn't as great without ice!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    2/17 - Happy Monday! How thrilled am I that today was MMX and a day off from work? VERY. Took a 9:30 kickboxing class instead. Although it is an hour compared to MMX, my guess is that the burn is around the same - not nearly as many burpees, I mean "sprawls."
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Well that flu bug I was speaking of last week found me! DAMN!!!! I had the day off, thank goodness but I chose NOT to workout cuz I ache all over, have a low grade temp & sneeze & wipe my nose ALL day long! LOADED up on supplements & ibuprofen so hoping tomorrows all better!!!
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm still around keeping up, just been really busy. I'm a writer and there's a contest for a publishing contract called Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards, so I had to prime my novel and get it in there. I've been planning a slumber party for my soon to be 9 year old. Wow, typing that makes me wanna cry.. 9? Where did my baby go :( Last night was Eccentric upper and I got some new weights. Bumped from 3's to 5's and oh man do I feel it! Not sure if I will be able to do an official workout tonight because I'm going to steam clean the house and that will be a workout in itself. Keep up the good work guys!!

Feel better vhuber!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    2/17 - Happy Monday! How thrilled am I that today was MMX and a day off from work? VERY. Took a 9:30 kickboxing class instead. Although it is an hour compared to MMX, my guess is that the burn is around the same - not nearly as many burpees, I mean "sprawls."

This was so hard for me. I couldn't keep up, I was so confused about what hand to start punches with haha. I've heard that it gets better in time.
  • dorothytd
    Options

This was so hard for me. I couldn't keep up, I was so confused about what hand to start punches with haha. I've heard that it gets better in time.

It really does get better over time, but it is still a tough one to wrap your mind around... especially first thing in the morning!!
  • dorothytd
    Options
    2/18 - Last day of Block 2 before transition week!! So it is a "rest" or Dynamix day. I already shoveled snow this morning, so I am on the fence about Dynamix. Will check back later.

Hope you have an awesome day, all!!!
  • rhino45
    rhino45 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    got eccentric upper done last night and had a serious pump going. trio tonight. I like this block but I think its coming to an end soon. then to my transition week and final block.
  • Busymomof003
    Busymomof003 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did Triometrics today. I hate it! But I had my plan, fit it in before I visited a friend this afternoon(my reward). Plus I tell myself "it's only 30 minutes" over and over. It's really not that bad- but my least favorite for sure! But, I GOT IT DONE! Looking forward to Yoga tomorrow!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Still sick!:grumble: I did go to work but with being on my feet for 7 hrs straight & being sick I chose to ride the bike only. I got in 7 miles! My body aches terribly!!!
  • dorothytd
    Options
    I did Triometrics today. I hate it! But I had my plan, fit it in before I visited a friend this afternoon(my reward). Plus I tell myself "it's only 30 minutes" over and over. It's really not that bad- but my least favorite for sure! But, I GOT IT DONE! Looking forward to Yoga tomorrow!

Great job!!!
  • dorothytd
    Options
    Still sick!:grumble: I did go to work but with being on my feet for 7 hrs straight & being sick I chose to ride the bike only. I got in 7 miles! My body aches terribly!!!

Sorry you're sick. 7 miles sick is pretty darn impressive.
  • dorothytd
    Options
    2/19 - Isometrix and some additional cardio today. Yesterday's "rest" day was snow shoveling and a 3 mile run. I was so happy to be outside!

Isometrix felt good today.
  • methridg
    methridg Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have Yoga X today and I am kind of dreading it. I HATED the yoga in P90X so I suspect I wont enjoy this one either but at least its 30 minutes instead of that dreadful 90 minutes! I am just not flexible and I know this will eventually help me but I find that its the hardest workout for me! Is that weird? I can do Agility X (it was tough and intense but was able to complete without stopping but one time) but I struggle through YOGA!

Craziness.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Well I'm kinda in love with Triometrics. This and Accelerator have taken up the two top workout spots for me, sorry CVX, you're just not it anymore. It's not you, it's me.

Steam cleaned my carpets yesterday, that was workout in its self, but I still manged to get in my workout which made for a great burn day. Maybe I burned off that subway cookie I had haha.

Yoga today and my body is ready for it! I changed my weights from 3 to 5lbs and after upper eccentric Monday, I can barely open doors. Next time i will listen when Tony says to use LIGHT weights for the flys. I still feel it, wow.

Still on the edge about doing the warrior dash next month, but I'm leaning more toward yes. We will see...

Ordered some new shoes. Finally bought some cross trainers for P90X3, and I got some running shoes so I can gear up for the Spartan in May. Oh and Burpees, I've been doing lots of those. ... hm.. maybe that's why my arms hurt? haha.

Keep it up!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options

It really does get better over time, but it is still a tough one to wrap your mind around... especially first thing in the morning!!

I sure hope so! I'm going to read the book and see if it tells you which hands to start with, maybe that will shine some light. I came away sweaty and breathing hard so I still got what I needed :)
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    2/18 - Last day of Block 2 before transition week!! So it is a "rest" or Dynamix day. I already shoveled snow this morning, so I am on the fence about Dynamix. Will check back later.

Hope you have an awesome day, all!!!

Ohh weeee!!! Heading into the big guns! Nice work!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options

Ugh, I hope this bugs packs up and moves out quick. I know when I get sick I double up on vitamin C and pretty much only drink water and green tea. Do you take vitamins? I take an all natural one from new chapter and it's changed my life. I rarely get sick, like two times last year. And when I do, it's over quick.

Feel better!!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    got eccentric upper done last night and had a serious pump going. trio tonight. I like this block but I think its coming to an end soon. then to my transition week and final block.

I've really been enjoying this block, though the MMX is awful for me. Congrats on stepping up! I bet you're excited. Let us know your results!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    I have Yoga X today and I am kind of dreading it. I HATED the yoga in P90X so I suspect I wont enjoy this one either but at least its 30 minutes instead of that dreadful 90 minutes! I am just not flexible and I know this will eventually help me but I find that its the hardest workout for me! Is that weird? I can do Agility X (it was tough and intense but was able to complete without stopping but one time) but I struggle through YOGA!

Craziness.

I'm not that flexible either, I can run around and get all crazy, but the moves where you have balance and stay still are hard. I'm sure it will improve over time. In block two, yoga's a blessing lol.