Welcome!!!

Options

Replies

• lcyfrnxo
    lcyfrnxo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I've just re-joined myfitnesspal and am looking at giving low carb a good ol' go. Would very much appreciate new myfitnesspal friends as I only have two right now!!!

Anyway-- here goes.

Height : 5ft 1in
    HW: 185
    CW: 185
    GW:126
    UGW: 126
    Sex: Female
    Not married.
    Children: One boy, aged 3.

xxx
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    Started Atkins last October 2013, but switched to Primal around New Years but still low carb and will not be going back to grains in my diet;

Height: 5' 10.5"
    HW: 260ish
    CW: 205
    GW: Under 185
    UGW: 175 (healthy BMI)
    Sex: M
    3 children, all over 30
    Married 34 years
  • harrietisobel
    Options
    Height: 168cms
    HW: 113kgs
    CW: 108.2kgs
    GW: 71kgs (Healthy BMI)
    UGW: 63kgs
    Location- Melbourne
    Sex: F
    2 daughters aged 5 and almost 2
    Married to my partner of almost 7 years

I have just started the low carb lifestyle this week after going through bloodtests and ultrasounds to reveal some problems with my female hormones. I am fairly sure my constant calorie and fat restrictive diets may have had an impact on this as I have been dieting since I was 14. This lifestyle actually feels less restrictive than my old way of eating :) In the last 2 years I gained 20kgs, acne, extra peach fuzz on my face and constant bloating, I am hoping this lifestyle will help me overcome all of this.

Food Weaknesses: Chocolate (thank god for atkins bar and coles low carb chocolate), Pizza and Indian.
  • TattooTwinset
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    HW: 289 lbs
    CW: 203.8 lbs
    GW: under 160 lbs
    UGW: 145-150 lbs
    Location-Arkansas
    2 children
    Divorced, Living with my partner of 2 years (it'll be legal here someday)

In 2005 I had Gastric Bypass Surgery. I was 25 and I was done having kids and I was sick. I had GERD, I was on a CPAP machine (not for apnea, but for upper airway restriction and lack of REM sleep) and I had been on SSRI anti-depression medications for nearly 8 years. I was the star patient for WLS. I lost quickly and healed quickly. Within two weeks I had lost 26lbs and was off both the CPAP and the GERD medications. I finally felt hopeful. The weight came off so easily it was like a fairy tale. I didn't even have to try. (RED FLAG RED FLAG) by the spring of the following year, I had gotten down to 234 lbs. That august my husband and I separated and I was still sitting at 234 lbs. I hadn't learned the lessons I needed to in regards to exercise and persistence. I was deeply depressed (even though I was the one leaving the marriage.) With the divorce came the loss of the free gym and free medical insurance ( Military.) After 2008, and our final divorce hearing (two years after we separated) I was still in the low 230's. I wasn't where I thought I would be as someone 3 years out from WLS. I was supposed to be skinny and hot.

In 2010 I went back to school and I also went through a heart wrenching break up. I went to Europe for the spring semester of 2011 in order to just be away and because studying abroad sped my graduation up by three semesters. When I got back I met my girlfriend. She had been told to lose weight or die, basically. her blood pressure was so high she should have been dead and her glucose levels were borderline diabetic. She had been doing Low Carb and having awesome success for months prior to me meeting her. We became official in August and I started doing low carb then also. It wasn't easy, but I saw amazing success. My low after a couple years was 177lbs.

Sadly, as seems to happen, I fell off the wagon after I graduated and then moved here to Arkansas for a job. WHen my kitchen was all packed up I used it as an excuse to eat out and to not eat out well. So, I am starting out again this week at 203.8 and I am committed to being to my goal weight before the 1st of 2015.

Weakness: Toast, Peanut M&M's, and Cake w/out icing (especially if I am nearing the girly time)
  • dperri471
    dperri471 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new here so I thought I would share like everyone else.

Height: 5'9"
    HW: 333
    CW: 314.2
    GW: Under 200 - "One"derland
    UGW: 160
    1 19 yr old daughter
    Happily divorced

Diet Plan: LCHF - Ketogenic Diet

Strength: I don't know I keep surprising myself. I quit smoking after 26yrs, a feat I never thought in a million years I could do so I now believe with all my heart that I can finally lose this weight because I know now if I put my mind to it I can make it happen :)

Weakness: Forgetting that I didn't put all this weight on overnight and that it will take time to come off
  • TattooTwinset
    Options
    Debbie, Quitting smoking is AWESOME!! If you can do that, you CAN do anything! They say quitting cigarettes is harder than quitting heroin. What a fantastic first step towards a new healthy you!
  • malyndad
    malyndad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    HW: 315* (after this I refused to weigh myself)
    CW: 246
    GW: 150
    UGW: 135
    One son, a beautiful daughter-in-law, and a terrific granddaughter
    Happily married (8 months)

Type 2 diabetic trying to live a LCHF lifestyle. I have been told if I can lose another 25 lbs I won't have to go on insulin.
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to this forum, I've just started back on Atkins, I'm currently in the induction phase and loving seeing the scale going down each morning :-)

Height: 5'2"
    HW: 182 this time
    CW: 176
    GW: 160
    UGW: 140
    2 kids, age 8 + 10
    Married

Diet Plan: Atkins

I've lost weight well on Atkins before (it's the only diet that's ever worked for me), and I'm back to lose it again, as I've let myself slip in the last few years. Longer term I intend to switch to a modified Paleo plan, as I do spend a lot of time exercising in some form or another, but for now I am trying to kick-start the weight loss.
  • lshinholster
    lshinholster Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to this forum, and I'm on my second day of Atkins' Induction.

Height: 5'8"
    HW: 283
    CW: 265
    GW: 185
    No kids just yet, still in my selfish phase
    In a committed relationship and working on the ring

Diet Plan: Atkins

This will be my third time on the Atkins Diet. I've always achieved great results on this diet and it seems to be the only way of eating that has worked for me. Unfortunately, I've always had trouble sticking with any diet long-term, particularly when the holidays near. I'm hoping with a renewed sense of determination, I will be more successful this time around. Good luck to everyone!
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    SW: 211
    CW: 202
    GW: 155
    Location- Minneapolis, Minnesota
    2 children - girls
    1 grandchild - boy
    Married

I'm on the Keto plan and liking it very much. I've low-carbed a lot since 2002. At that time I lived the life for two years with great success! I don't want to be seduced by bad/empty carbs again.
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hello I am very new to low carb.

Height: 5'2"
    SW: 195
    CW: 189
    GW: 130
    Location- Tacoma, WA
    2 children - a 17 year old daughter and a 3 year old little boy

Married to a trucker

Just started a low carb high protein diet per my weight loss doc (nurse practicioner)
  • IowaHomeGirl
    IowaHomeGirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello!

SW: 278
    CW: 247
    Location- Aurora, CO
    No children

Single

This isn't my first low-carb go-round. I did the original Atkins in 1972. I'm doing Weight Watchers right now, but I'm limiting the carbs to just fruits and vegetables.
  • Peg_d
    Peg_d Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    SW: 302
    CW: 289.6
    GW: 145
    Location- Racine, Wisconsin
    3 adult children

Married

51775780.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • raychilg
    raychilg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Height: 5'8"
    HW: 226
    CW: 212
    GW: 160 (anything that puts me in the "normal weight" category!)
    Location- Norwich, UK
    No children, but hopefully one day soon!
    A very supportive fiance!

Hello everyone. I am now in my second week of induction phase of atkins. I have tried low carbs before, several years ago. I was successful both times but didn't follow the diet through properly and ended putting it back on.

This time I have done my research and am trying to do things by the book. I find it so much fun learning new things and new recipes. I would love some more friends to support and exchange thoughts and recipe ideas with so please feel free to add me :)

Good luck everyone!

Rachael xx :)
  • hottieunderconstruction
    Options
    Hi, everybody!

HW: 300
    CW: 300
    No children

I'm Jennifer, and I'm currently on Atkins '72 induction. I am just getting started, so I'm looking for a great support system.

Please feel free to add me. I am always looking for new friends.

I wish everyone good luck in their journey!
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

HW: 358
    CW: 343
    GW: 150 (-ish, I'll know when I get there!)
    No children

Recently diagnosed type II diabetic. Did some reading and found out about paleo/primal/LCHF.

For the last month have been putting much of what I learned into practice, and have lost 10 lbs :)

Good luck everyone :happy: I'm looking forward to reading your success stories!
  • rebelchelle
    rebelchelle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Height: 5'1"
    HW: 187
    CW: 181
    GW: 130
    Two grown children & two grand-daughters

I did low carb for the first time back in 2011 and lost 15 pounds in one month. Don't know why I stopped because it is the only lifestyle that helps me lose weight and feel good with energy to boot. So, I started back two days ago and there is no looking back now - EVER AGAIN!!!

Looking forward to making other low carb friends, sharing recipes, tips and ideas and hearing of others' great success.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • TheFutureMrsM2015
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    Highest Weight: 215
    Current Weight: 206?? I will be weighing in tomorrow
    Goal Weight: 150
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 125??
    Children: 2 fur babies
    And a wonderful fiance!

DISCLAIMER: If you send a friend request, please include a message, I will not accept any that do not include a message.

Hello! I’m Shannon -aka- TheFutureMrsM2015 (getting married September of 2015).

Earlier this year I made a commitment to get healthy, not skinny. I was to be turning 25 in March and I felt like I lived my life on the side lines, never actually living. I wanted to give myself another day to live with the love of my life. I researched and researched until my head exploded, so much information on the damn internet. But, you know what happened. Another round of fad diets, weight loss gimmicks and no weight loss.

I lived a not so great childhood, adopted into a family that seemed loving on the outside but riddled with mental and emotional abuse. 25 years of it and the only thing I felt I could control was my food. Last week, I was forced to cut off all contact with them due to threats and hateful messages. So much so, that I had to change contact information. It wasn’t what I wanted to happen, but it needed to. My idealized thought of the perfect family shattered. My daddy no longer there to walk me down the aisle. I was heart broken. But, then I realized my excuse of why I was fat and unhealthy was gone. I was scared. Now what? Now what if I try again and I fail? Worse yet, what if I succeed? I haven’t had much success in life…I’m scared of it. I self sabotage like the best.

But, now I’m feeling determined. I will succeed, it will take time though. It won’t happen overnight like I want. It won’t happen with pills, shakes or wraps. It won’t happen by binging then purging. It WILL happen with hard work, sweat, tears and determination.

I've been diagnosed, recently, with a plethora of medical issues (PCOS, Pre-Diabetes, Hypothyroidism) and because of that, my doctor has recently put me on a very low carb, moderate protein and high fat diet. I got a lot of information, took classes and read up on this form of my new LIFESTYLE and will be starting it TOMORROW (6.25.14). Please note this when you look at my diary.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the group. Just joined MFP this week after getting very frustrated with another tracker I've used for years. I came here for solace from all the low carb bashing on the MFP forums. Geez, talk about narrow minded. I'm glad when a low calorie, low fat, high carb diet works for someone, but I KNOW it doesn't work for ME. I respect other people's choices and admire their successes, and I do it without insinuating I know their physiology better than they know it themselves.

Highest Weight: 205
    Starting Weight: 188.4
    Current Weight: 178.6
    Goal Weight: 160
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 150
    Marital Status: Married
    Children: 1 teenage daughter
  • indianapples8
    Options
    Hello! I am coming back to MFP and looking for new friends! I have had long term success with lower carb and higher calorie diets, something I know I can sustain for life. I have gained and lost over and over and dealt with binging and other EDs. I try to be aware of the calories I consume but I no longer make myself crazy with numbers. FR please! =)
    Highest Weight: 265
    Starting Weight: 265
    Current Weight: 225
    Goal Weight: 160
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 155
    Marital Status: engaged
    Children: someday soon!