Talking Dead: Team Carl

Options

Replies

• Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Thanks Zombie for the donations:flowerforyou: ...although, I have to admit I don't feel worthy at the moment :blushing:

Tomorrow is a fresh new week!

GoooooooooooooooTeammmmmmmmmCarlllllllllllllllllll

You're very welcome, Kim.

Ok team - we were bottom of the board last week! We have to really push to get into the top 4 this week, it would be nice to get one of the extra characters added to our kill score. We can do it!

It would be great if everyone could leave a message on the board and let us know how their week looks for them. If anyone is having difficulties, please let us know now so that we can help you out!

Bridget - you had a fantastic week! Well done! :drinker:
    Kasi - you had a super week again this week! :drinker:
    Katrina - wow! I am so impressed with all you got done, despite looking after your poor sick baby and your sick self! You are a star! :drinker:
    Kim - I know you had a bad week, it's great you kept checking in and I hope this week is looking brighter!
    Arzu - How is your week looking this week? Do you need help with reaching your goals?
    Jessica - Are you still with us? How is your week looking?
    Hannah - I hope the zombies haven't got you!

Good luck everyone! Let's aim for the top 4 this week! We can do it.

Go team Carl!!!!!!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Great job ZombieInkspot for earning MVP! I tried to give ya a run for your money but fell a little short on Saturday. We need to win next week so we can add that crazy dude that smashed all those zombies.... can't remember his name right now. Looks like he is gonna be one heck of a zombie slayer!

Kim mentioned she has a plan for the week, how about everyone else? I'm going to all of the classes I can at the gym as usual and I want to bump up my jogging a bit. Hoping for a good loss this week:bigsmile:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Tyreese and Sasha have decided that everyone should complete 5 minutes per day (for 5 days) of Wall Squats. These can be included in your strength totals. There are a few versions of Wall Squats, facing or not facing the wall, with or without a ball or weights.....Choose one appropriate to your fitness level.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Great job ZombieInkspot for earning MVP! I tried to give ya a run for your money but fell a little short on Saturday. We need to win next week so we can add that crazy dude that smashed all those zombies.... can't remember his name right now. Looks like he is gonna be one heck of a zombie slayer!

Kim mentioned she has a plan for the week, how about everyone else? I'm going to all of the classes I can at the gym as usual and I want to bump up my jogging a bit. Hoping for a good loss this week:bigsmile:

Thanks! You certainly did give me a run for my money! :happy:

Yes, we have to get Abraham, so we all need to work extra hard this week! I'm going to keep going with strength training, 30 day shred, walking, kickboxing and I might add in some wii to up my combat training this week (up to 60 mins). Team, let me know what your plans are for the week. I will add in more minutes to help you out if needed!

We can do this! Go team Carl!!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Tyreese and Sasha have decided that everyone should complete 5 minutes per day (for 5 days) of Wall Squats. These can be included in your strength totals. There are a few versions of Wall Squats, facing or not facing the wall, with or without a ball or weights.....Choose one appropriate to your fitness level.

Thanks Cindy - I don't know wall squats, will have to look them up
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    So wall sits and wall squats are essentially the same? Does anyone know the benefits of squatting facing the wall? Is it to make sure you keep proper form?
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Not sure why you'd do them facing the wall but I do know regular wall sits suck!!! It seams easy at first, then that last few seconds burn like hell. I'd be super impressed if anyone can do the full 5 minutes all at once. Last time I tried these I think I did about a minute and 20 seconds before I couldn't handle it anymore.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Do we have to do the full five minutes in one wall sit? :sad: The longest I've ever done was 120secs and that HURT! I was going to do 30 secs, break, 30 secs etc for 5 mins. I suppose I could do five one minute ones as well. :grumble:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Oh no... I don't think we have to do it all at once, I was just saying. They are flippin' hard! I'm gonna go try them right now:tongue:
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I managed to hit all of my goals last week (didn't think I would) I will be able to hit all of my goals easily this week and I agree we need to get Abraham! That means we need to get first place this week!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    That's awesome Kat! We can win this week... I feel it! I just did 10 minutes of wall sits. I can do 135-150 seconds at a time. I was pretty impressed. It kinda hurts my knees though. Gonna go to the gym in a little bit and should be able to log 180 minutes of workout tonight.

Question:

I thought I read somewhere that if we wanted to substitute Sunday for another day we could. Is that right or am I mixing it up with another challenge? Just asking cause I did 45 minutes of strength yesterday.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Kat! We can win this week... I feel it! I just did 10 minutes of wall sits. I can do 135-150 seconds at a time. I was pretty impressed. It kinda hurts my knees though. Gonna go to the gym in a little bit and should be able to log 180 minutes of workout tonight.

Question:

I thought I read somewhere that if we wanted to substitute Sunday for another day we could. Is that right or am I mixing it up with another challenge? Just asking cause I did 45 minutes of strength yesterday.
    Yes, sub away. Sunday is the first day of our "week". Take a rest day whenever suits you best.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    We can do this team!

Kat - that's fantastic!

Kasi - I'm so impressed! Going to try wall sits now.

Go team Carl!
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hot damn, Cindy really upped the anti with adding the extra character for the top winners next week.

I am going to do whatever I can to contribute as much as possible.

Its Juan Pablo Monday so I will be getting in some strength training and wall sits while I watch tv tonight.
    I am going to get in t25 in the morning and put in as much time each night as I can.

I promise I will be super active on our thread too.... I think staying active in our conversations and sharing tips will help us all stay motivated.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    I know, Cindy is really dangling an extra juicy carrot, isn't she! :laugh:

That sounds like a great plan, Bridget. I think if we all checked in everyday it would help keep us motivated and it will make it easier to help each other out, if needed.
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I know, Cindy is really dangling an extra juicy carrot, isn't she! :laugh:

That sounds like a great plan, Bridget. I think if we all checked in everyday it would help keep us motivated and it will make it easier to help each other out, if needed.

I agree, or at least have people update the spreadsheet so we know where everybody is at
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    OMG - this is a busy thread. I just caught up!!

So, here's my day.....

0530 - daughter calls house from college to inform me she's throwing up and sick. Ummm, do you WANT me to come there?

0700 - Son is about to head off to first day of orientation at new job and says he feels sick. I see him get a big glass of water. I tell him "DON'T DRINK THE WATER" and he says, "PEOPLE ARE THIRSTY, MA". I again warn him that 2 of us are living proof not to drink. The two with living proof are nodding our heads. :noway:

0730 - Son calls from car saying that he just threw up all over himself and the truck. :sick: He was unable to pull over on the highway in time. Vomit is all over him and the vehicle. Son asks me to meet him at the car with shorts because he somehow pulled his pants off during the drive and didn't want to walk to the house in his underwear. OMG!!

0800 - I am cleaning the vomit out of the truck and bagging barfy clothes because I obviously feel bad for him.:sad:

Spend the day getting other boys off to school, scouring kitchen, grocery shopping & doing errands:yawn:

3:30 - Daughter calls from college needing soup and unable to obtain it on her own. :ohwell:

5:00 - 5:50 - I do 50 minute kettle-bell class and then I WANT TO VOMIT.

6:00 - I am shaking in line at Panera trying to gain control over my muscles.

6:15 - I deliver soup and care package of fluids and nourishment to the dorm.

7:45 - I am happy to see the garage door open. HOME, SWEET, HOME. :love:

7:46 - Sick son is asking me to drive him to Target for a slushie and movie because he is too sick to take himself. I am now off to Target because I was able to bring daughter nourishment so therefore I should be nice to son too.

8:30 - I am posting here in exhaustion.

Bottom line is - 50 minutes of weapon training (kettlebells) I will get some wall squats done tomorrow.

Let's all post our best times here!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Lol, your the best Momma ever Kim!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Team Carl, you're awesome! I love you to bits! Nisijam, that day sounds so hectic and you STILL manage to work out. That's plain old commitment right there! Go you! :)
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Thanks The Dazzler, we love you all in team Michonne too! :flowerforyou:

Wow Kim! That was some day. I am so impressed you managed to keep going.

Kasi and Kat - you are both rocking it this week! Kasi - I am so impressed by your wall sits! :drinker:

Bridget - don't forget to update the spreadsheet so we can see how the team is doing.

Arzu and Jessica - are you there? Please check in!

Ok, here is the mini autobiography of Zombieinkpot

I was a very hyperactive and skinny child. I can still remember what it felt like to hula hoop for hours, do the splits effortlessly and scratch my face with my feet. This all changed when I hit 4 and, practically overnight put on a huge amount of weight and lost all my energy. I would discover in my 20's that this was because I'm growth hormone deficient (I have none).

Anyway, was sick for most of my life. Put on lots of weight. Started binge eating in secret when I was seven (also went on my first diet then). Lost and gained weight over the years. My sister took me to weight watchers when I was 15. It was great, it wasn't the point system then so I got to like lots of fruits and veggies that I had never eaten before. I went from about 18st (252lbs) to about 12st (168lbs) in a couple of years. Then my dad got sick and I helped my mum nurse him, and I put on all the weight I'd lost and more helping to look after him, topping out at 21st (294lbs). I started losing weight again after that and got stuck around 17st (238lbs) for a few years, before the weight started creeping up once more.

After my dad died, I went to a nutritional therapist who helped me with my issues with food and I started losing weight again. Life was really good and I was about 15st (210lbs) when I got clinically depressed and put on 70 - 100lbs in under six months. In the past five years of being depressed, my weight has increased by an average of 2st (28lbs) every year, until last year when I reached 29st (over 400lbs). I now care for my mother, who has Alzheimer's and can't walk, and I realised that I would no longer be able to care for her if things continued as they were going.

My sister recommended MFP and I've been using it to lose weight since last October. I'm lucky because I have a lot of nutritional information and I know what works for my body because of the nutritional therapist. I've also learned a lot from MFP about strength training and challenges like this are fantastic fun.