Graduation Announcements!

Options

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I am on my last week and have a race next Saturday!
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I did it!!!! I graduated. I have no clue where to go from here but I got here :)

I even ran 3.2 miles in the 35 minutes yesterday.
  • GrindingSalt
    GrindingSalt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I graduated! Sometime last week, I ran W9D3 : )

And this morning, I ran my very first 5k race ever. It was a super hilly course and I anticipated walking some but it didn't feel necessary at all. I ran just over 35 minutes, averaging 11:30/mile. I'm delighted.

Next 5k in three weeks... : ) I just couldn't have done this without C25k. I'm so grateful, so happy.
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options

And this morning, I ran my very first 5k race ever. It was a super hilly course and I anticipated walking some but it didn't feel necessary at all. I ran just over 35 minutes, averaging 11:30/mile. I'm delighted.

Next 5k in three weeks... : ) I just couldn't have done this without C25k. I'm so grateful, so happy.

Congratulations! Amazing time and way to go for running all the way!!!
  • GrindingSalt
    GrindingSalt Posts: 68 Member
    Options

Congratulations! Amazing time and way to go for running all the way!!!

Thank you!! I had really planned on walking at some point and it wasn't until I topped the final hill that I realized I was really going to go all the way. It was an amazing feeling. I'm so happy about the timing, too!! I've been hitting around 12 minutes for the past few weeks, so it makes sense that my average fell just below that -- even with the four big hills. I did get a horrible side stitch in the last half mile that slowed me down, but I refused to stop until I crossed the line.
  • bever20145
    bever20145 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    C25k done, onto 10k training! Feels so good to finally be able to run and actually enjoy it :)
  • StunningLegerity
    StunningLegerity Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Graduated on Saturday from C25k! My first 5k race was my very last workout for this program. It was a "fun run" so there wasn't an official time kept, but from the time we started to when we finished, it was less than 35 minutes. I was so excited and couldn't believe how much fun it was (way more fun than training, lol). Congrats to everyone else!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Congratulations never, you should consider joining us over at the Bridge to 10k group, most of us have graduated c25k.

Well done Legerity, that is a great time!
  • AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Done it! did my final session this morning. Didnt quite squueze 5km into the 30 minutes so I will get out and about tomorrow and complete my first 5k
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Albion!
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ok... I've been hesitating to announce that I've graduated. I guess I'm just not that confident. But, I think I have.

I did my third 5km run this morning. Including the warm up / cool down walks it took me 54mins. It's a long time, but it's mine. And a great place to start. I have signed up for a run in June. My goal is to do the 5km in less than 45mins.

Thanks for everyone's support.
    If I can do this, anyone can!
    Keep up the great runs!
  • jeridith
    jeridith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Completed the programme yesterday! I'm really surprised, and shocked! that I'm running and liking it! When my husband told me about this app, my response was "no way an app can make me run!!" But it did!! My next goal is to get fast enough to actually run 5k in 30ish minutes. At the moment it takes me 46, so I have a while to go :). When I get there, who knows, maybe I'll contemplate 10k!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I guess I have finally graduated--I have been hesitant to post an announcement here, too. I started the program way back on December 8. I have missed some runs, struggled to get three in a week, etc. But I have kept running, very very slowly. I was signed up to do a 5k with my family on Saturday, but had to cancel due to crappy weather. So I did a "virtual" 5k on the treadmill instead--I ran 2.75 miles of it (31 minutes), walked the rest, and "finished" in 45 minutes (which included my warm up walk).

I still have been struggling with outside runs, so that is my next focus--starting about midway on the "distance" version of c25k app outside. Due to childcare issues, I have to do a lot of my runs on the treadmill, so I will be starting Bridge to 10k for those. I am so proud that I can run for 30 minutes without stopping--I couldn't even run a mile in high school, and that was 20+ years and 20 pounds ago!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I graduated Tuesday, and had my first race yesterday.:drinker: I'm pretty sure I might have the slowest 5k EVER.:laugh: It took me 53ish minutes, but I ran the whole thing.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone! You are such an inspiration!
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Finally done it -again!

I first started to "run" 3 years ago using the theory of the C25K plan, and worked my way up to doing a 10K 2 years ago, then hurt my knee, got disillusioned etc and decided running wasn't really my thing. Put on weight, and generally got depressed with life.
    Earlier this year, I joined a total loser program at my gym, but did nothing about the running but got involved in serious weight training and HIIT training. Started the odd jog in the morning with the dog, but found that I had a serious mental block about jogging more than a few minutes at a time before breaking into a walk, and couldn't seem to progress beyond that. So instead, I said to myself that I would just jog very slowly for around 7-10 mins and do no more. I knew I should be able to do it because of the other stuff I've been doing in the gym.This worked for me. I upped it to 15 mins - no walking breaks 2 or 3 times a week. Then beginning of last week I just did 1 lap of a route I used to run before work, no stops apart from one to pick up the dog's business! Looked at my watch when I got home and it was 30 mins. Did it again a few days later just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

So on Sunday I decided just to try and run 5k regardless of the time it took. Again - from the training I've been doing in the gym, I knew I should be able to keep going as long as I didn't try to go fast.

...............And I did it!! Slow - took 37 mins, but that means that I ran for 37 mins without stopping. To say I am pleased is an understatement - spent the rest of the weekend looking at my running magazines which have kept coming on subscription, but which haven't even been taken out of the plastic! 18 months worth...........

Now I have a time to better. Not really bothered about doing a race - but I am competitive with myself so aiming to get under 30 mins like before.

N.B. Don't let people tell you that you are "too old" to do these things - I was 60 in October and feel great - it helps that I've no health problems though.
  • huntermaz
    huntermaz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Finshed on Sunday!! Ran a full 5k in 34:37, wanted to finish in under 33 but I will take it. Going to start a new program get work on getting my time under 30 minutes and sign up for a race in July.

Never ran more than a mile stright before and last time I did that was in high school. Hard to belive that I was able to run 3+ miles.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    5K run on 05/31. Goal: 30:00 Time: 30:45

I'm really pretty happy considering I hadn't run in probably 12 years at all...and also because it was a hot, muggy day (most of my training had been in the evening so I was hurting...)

Considering doing a half-marathon in October...
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I've just graduated :) Feels fantastic!
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I graduated tonight! So proud of myself! Onto the 10k trainer I go! :)