30 Day Plank Challenge

Options

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    My first "Why" while doing this is why did I let myself get so FAT and out of shape?????
    LOL! To lead you to us, of corse! And now you can reverse it! :laugh:
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Day 9...60 seconds done this morning, then again this evening. Shaky...really shaky!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Day 9 --completed the 60 second... as mssheddy did another later this afternoon.....wow what a feeling. Shaking about 45 or so but held it to make 60 seconds.

Not looking forward to the 90 second one.
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Got my 1:40 in today... oh yeah!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    Got my 1:40 in today... oh yeah!

Great job...I'm chasing you and Shelley.

Today I could only do 2 sets of 60 second planks. Yesterday I did one 1:45 second plank. It must have been the hour walk this afternoon.

Tomorrow is another day! I will get to 2 minutes!!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I must really be a plank wuss. Are you all doing planks from your toes or knees?
  • airdale8263
    Options
    I have been doing mine on my toes and elbows.......trust me they are not easy!!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Day 9 --completed the 60 second... as mssheddy did another later this afternoon.....wow what a feeling. Shaking about 45 or so but held it to make 60 seconds.

Not looking forward to the 90 second one.
    You're amazing, Steve!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,883 Member
    Options
    I love reading all your posts. The "why's" the shakes, and I did its. Love them all. And let's not forget the put it off until bedtime! Lol that was me. I was to lazy to do them twice. Are we supposed to be doing them twice? I really think we are all just doing what we can and to heck with the numbers.

I did my superwoman ones. Once on each side. I can hold my left arm out longer than my right arm. But around 45 seconds per side. Done.

Kathy that was an awesome 1:45 yesterday.

Chuck hang in there. We are all at different levels. Anyone who can garden and keep a salt water tank going can do this. Chuck you have the rest of your life to do this. And planks are great for what ails you. :smokin:

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    I must really be a plank wuss. Are you all doing planks from your toes or knees?
    If you're a wuss, what am I? They're all just beasts, Chuck. We'll get there! You first!!!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,883 Member
    Options
    If you're a wuss, what am I? They're all just beasts, Chuck. We'll get there! You first!!!

Knuckle dragger here. I can hear you calling us beasts. Sniffle sniffle. Hurts my little feelers. Did I mention I sweat, shake, and have to use a mat? Hurts my elbows if I don't. :sad:

I remember my first plank. It was in a body pump class. It started out great. Two seconds later I was asking "why". :sad: But people were watching! :noway: I had to hang in there. I made it to five seconds! I was straining by now. I saw a light. My towel! :blushing: Yes I fell to the floor and acted like I had to wipe the sweat out of my eyes. :laugh: A few more sets like the first one and I was done. I wonder if anyone knew I was faking the towel wiping? :smokin:
    Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,390 Member
    Options
    I managed one 90 second plank today. It was supposed to be 60 seconds, but I upped it. No superwoman...just regular Chris planks...straight armed on my toes. That's it!! I'm having a REST DAY tomorrow, so I'll be back on Tuesday!

Have a great Monday!

Chris
  • CRody44
    Options
    Chris, I am jealous! I want to be like you when I grow up.

Chuck
  • airdale8263
    Options
    Day 10 - complete....was able to do a 60 second on my elbows. Not sure I changed my form or not but my hip is bothering me today after doing it. (I have a bad hip to begin with.)

No plans to do a second one today after work with the way the hips feels now.
  • CRody44
    Options
    Day 10 - 60 second plank completed, one continuous with no breaks. It’s a good thing it wasn’t a 61 second plank, the old bridge was starting to collapse.
  • bonjojo
    bonjojo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 21 and it's killing me! :sad: Yesterday evening I managed to hang in there on elbows for my first one (150 seconds) but had to drop to knees a couple of times on the 2nd. Kills my back!! Then this morning I couldn't even do one all the way through without dropping to knees a couple of times! :frown: Maybe, MAYBE I'll try a second one today, after several hours of rest.

And I'm supposed to bump it up another 30 seconds tomorrow? Seriously?? ACK!!! :noway: Impossible!! :noway:

Bonnie
  • CRody44
    Options
    [/quote]
    I wonder if anyone knew I was faking the towel wiping? :smokin:
    Shelley
    [/quote]

So they don't see a pattern, use the old muscle cramp, that always works.

Chuck
  • iRun_Butterfly
    Options
    Day 10 - complete....was able to do a 60 second on my elbows. Not sure I changed my form or not but my hip is bothering me today after doing it. (I have a bad hip to begin with.)

No plans to do a second one today after work with the way the hips feels now.

Sorry your hip is hurting again. Take it easy. And wtg on completing day 10!
  • iRun_Butterfly
    Options
    Day 10 done on my lunch break. I looked at the stop watch after just barely 30 seconds and felt like crying..lol...will do a 2nd after work.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    Day 10 - 100 sec plank completed this morning. I'm going to do a second one before bed. Now it's on to my DVD challenge.