Non Scale Victories--share the joy! Part 2

Options

Replies

• CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    cimcnett1,

It’s amazing that, what seems like no big deal to those that can do it, a victory like this make you feel great and keeps you motivated. I’m still trying to get off the floor without having to use something to help me up. I have one notch to go in my belt before I need a new one, and it seems like I just got this one.

Chuck
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Chuck, you will get to that new belt soon I am sure
    Crystal: great job at the gym and with the belt I bet it feels great every time you make a new notch
    (I don't wear belts but I can imagine)
    Tara: I am excited for your dress you will look amazing!
    Malia: what a great feeling! Imagine how you will look next time :)
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Shhhhhhh....my Mister has a crush on me. ;)
  • leannabseven
    Options
    I love these posts! And I love when I read one and think, "I can identify with that". My one and only belt was the biggest one I could find in the regular off the rack store....it had a hole every little bit the entire way around it. When I bought it, it was all I could do to get it through the buckle with a couple inches to spare. Today I can tuck the extra into the belt loop! That seems silly, but it's inches!!
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I tried on a pair of shorts that I bought like 2 years ago, they were too small when I bought them and I bought 3 pairs in different colors. I have tried them on periodically through out the years and they never fit. But yesterday they fit!!! Nicely too :blushing: I am excited to have something new to wear! Now I don't have to go shopping :happy:
  • Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @808malia,
    that is awesome!!! Your post has me excited to 'shop' in my own closet!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    After two years of being in Persistent Afib with its complications, I have been in normal sinus rhythm for six months.

Thank you, Paula, for remembering.

Chuck
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Chuck, that is awesome! And your health is only going to keep getting better!

Malia, that is so cool...fitting into smaller sizes is so motivating.

I had what should have been a small NSV today, but it really touched me. I was in the grocery store and I stopped to look at my list. An older gentleman pushed his cart toward me and I didn't realize at first that I was probably blocking the aisle? I apologized and started to try to move over some, when he said , "Not to worry...there is plenty of room." I know it sounds silly, but I almost hugged him!
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    That is awesome Leanna! I bet that felt amazing, Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    How nice!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    When my husband hugs me, he says his "arms are getting longer" :laugh: cuz they go all the way around, now.

Paula
  • Crystallee145
    Options
    I no longer need to use a bra extender or buy from a 'special' site!

Paula, that is sweet!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    It is so fun reading these. Crystal, congratulations!
  • hollyla9905
    hollyla9905 Posts: 508
    Options
    These are awesome :) thanks for sharing everyone
  • Crystallee145
    Options
    I had a job interview yesterday and was freaking out about what to wear. I work in a chemical plant, so I were tennis shoes, casual shirts and jeans, and that is not appropriate interview garb. Since gaining the weight pregnancy I have not bought any dressier clothes. I was staring into my closet Wednesday night on the verge of crying and picked out my favorite corduroys put them on and come to find out they fit better than before babies! Needless to say, I went into the interviews feeling confident. Now the waiting begins, I should find out Monday if I got the job.
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    That's great Crystal! I bet it gave you a nice boost of confidence for the interview too!! Congrats!!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    I am wearing my belt... I have to wear my belt my pants no longer stay up!!! It's not cool to be a 34 to woman walking Around with pants around the butt so I dug to the back of my closet got my belt squeezed into it barely on the first hole and it hurts! But I'm wearing my belt :)
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Today I did something I haven't done since 2010. I actually ran. I didn't think I could do it. I was mostly convinced I'd poop out from the first interval of 60 seconds, but I did it! My lungs didn't collapse. I did not slip on the treadmill with the increase in speed, which was a fear of mine. I was able to do two 60 second intervals, one for 17 s, and another for 43 s before slowing down to cool down. My lungs did start to ache towards the end, but I can't believe I actually managed to do it. I know a total of 3 mins doesn't sound like a lot, but the last time I tried running I could barely go 15 s without my lungs nearly seizing up completely with over a 20 min recovery period. The 2 mins in between seemed to work well. I didn't go the recommended speed as I knew since I can't hold a walking pace at 3.5 mph yet I would not be able to run at 5.0 mph. I ran at 4.0 mph and walked at 2.7 mph for a total of 9 minutes. I plan on trying again later to get more time in today, but I am so happy to have gotten strong enough to be able to run/jog at all.

Peace, love, and chicken grease!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Congratulations Crystal on being smaller than you realized and fitting your old clothes.

Holly, it is so funny that your pants are falling off! :laugh: Yay for the belt!!

Lilly, Running is an un-achieved dream of mine also. So happy for you! Can really related!

Best wishes all!

Paula
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Way to go on the jogging :) keep up the good work