30 Day Plank Challenge

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,877 Member
    Options
    Mssheddy and Bowler while I applaud your persistence and perseverance I hope you do not burn out. What other workouts do you do? I am doing a combination of intermediate and advanced body toning DVD' s. The advanced ones are still leaving me wiped out. But not as sore the following day now. And the others allow me to stretch things out while still moving forward. I have a couple of advanced kettle bell workouts on order I will be working into my regimen.

Paula I love the new photo! You are gorgeous, and sophisticated.

Chuck I am sorry. Get better and join us here for chats or inspiration to get well soon. :)

My planks involved a leg raised up held and pulsing it. I did 1 minute on each side. On my forearms.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Day 13 - 90 sec

Day 14 - 60 sec

Playing make up. I had tennis practice this morning...played 3 sets. I couldn't hold my planks this evening so I did 2 sets. I'll take it after 2 hours of tennis.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,693 Member
    Options
    Day 15 completed...so why was today so difficult??? It seemed like time stood still...that was a long 90 seconds. Tomorrow have to add an additional 30.....yea right!!

Agree with you Mssheddy -tomorrow is going to suck.
    I don't know why it's so hard one time and not another. I already need to break them into sets. My first 45 was a strain to keep (doing them on a slight incline). But shook it out and the second 45 didn't kill me, so I held it for 10 more.

Here's to adding 30 more seconds! :drinker: :noway:

Good job all!
    Paula
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,370 Member
    Options
    Haven't done today's, but I'm really looking forward to it...:noway: I still have yesterday's to make up...maybe I'll just do that one in my mind...:bigsmile: bwahahah! See you all in a little bit!

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    I did get two 90 second planks done today...I did one...then did the arm challenge...then did the second one! I also got in 500 between each exercise. We walked Bean for an hour or more and had a blast at the school.

It was beautiful here today!

Chris
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Day 16 - complete 120 seconds...straight arm. Completed a 45 second elbow style. Shakes- yes!!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Day 16 - complete 120 seconds...straight arm. Completed a 45 second elbow style. Shakes- yes!!
    Dang, Steve, you're getting good at this!

Chris, I'm just gonna eat your dust, that's all there is to it... :ohwell:

Well I decided that straight arm, slightly inclined planks in the 40-50 second range were about right for me now. But I said to myself "until it gets easy" acknowledging the fact that I am going to get stronger.

So today I was ready to do three 40 second reps, but at 40 seconds, it still felt easy. So I held it to 60. :tongue: Then did the same the second time and that really was a killer. :sad: But I did it! :laugh:

Checking in on everyone later.
    Have a nice day!
    Paula
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Took a couple tries, but finally, day 16 done, 2 minutes!
  • cpanus
    Options
    We had Bean for a puppy sleep-over and ended up taking him over to the school twice. Once around 2:00, and it was way too hot for him. We went back around 6:30, which was perfect! the breeze kicked up; it was really nice. He loved the second trip! It totaled 4.19 miles, and that was all I did today. I had lunch with two friends which took up my mid-morning and early afternoon.

Tomorrow is my REST DAY. I will switch my non-workout day today (I did manage 13,700 steps, tho) for tomorrow's REST DAY if I can. I have some things I must do. I don't know how long it will take.
  • airdale8263
    Options
    Day 17- completed 2 minutes....first minute on elbows, lifted to straight arm for final minute. The lifting aspect was very tough.

I am not looking forward to Day 18....nope!!
  • iRun_Butterfly
    Options
    Day 17- completed 2 minutes....first minute on elbows, lifted to straight arm for final minute. The lifting aspect was very tough.

WTG Steve!! You're rocking this challenge my dear! I'm going to try to get mine in today on my lunch break. Hope I can do it on the first try. Will report back.
  • airdale8263
    Options

WTG Steve!! You're rocking this challenge my dear! I'm going to try to get mine in today on my lunch break. Hope I can do it on the first try. Will report back.

Thanks......it was not easy. It was difficult getting into the straight arm position.

I am going to try an do it again after work...maybe not 2 minutes but just enough to go from elbows (30 seconds) the straight arm (30 seconds) and a back to elbows (30 seconds).....with out falling flat on my face:laugh: :laugh:
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I have Days 15, 16 & 17 to complete today.

Day 15 - 2:00 minutes

I finally did it!!! I will report back later on the other 2 days. I think I'm going to try a couple of variations.
  • weather_nerd
    Options
    Plank Challenge - starting TODAY!
  • bonjojo
    bonjojo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Well, the last couple of days I've switched from elbows to straight-arm, AND am only doing it once, AND I'll hold it for a minute, then switch to side-plank right for 30-40 seconds, then switch to side-plank left for 30-40 seconds, then back to start position. ANYTHING to get through it without going to my knees or sticking my butt in the air (any farther than it already is, that is). :bigsmile:

Just so you know, with all that changing around, I did manage 240 seconds - yep FOUR MINUTES - IT CAN BE DONE! :smile: Tomorrow I'm supposed to move it up to 270 seconds, and then on to the big 300. Tomorrow I work in town all day and then have a meeting in the evening. Not sure when I'll do it - if it is in the evening I won't be getting on the computer afterwards to post. If you don't hear from me in a few days I've probably died. Okay, just kidding, I might have just given up. :bigsmile:

I keep telling myself I should do them on elbows. Huh. Well. Maybe in a week or two I'll try it. :noway:

And wow Steve I am really impressed - I don't think I could move up to straight-arm or back down to elbows once started. Switching to side planks is one thing, but whole body up or down? Nope, don't think I could do it. Great job! :drinker:

Keep up the good work, people!

Bonnie Jo
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,877 Member
    Options
    Bonnie Jo, You are awesome. Love the variety. I know what you mean by changing it just to stay up. Lol
    And I know that you can do what Steve is doing. It is actually a fun variation. It makes you feel powerful doing it. I think it is in one of my JM DVD' s. I think. :bigsmile: In her DVD she has you alternating straight straight elbow elbow, repeat, repeat for a specific amount of time. I do not quite remember. :laugh:

Steve that is so fantastic. Glad you decided to change it up. You might fall on your face, so use a pillow. :laugh: You are getting stronger every day. :drinker:

Weather nerd, welcome on board. We are all doing our own thing, so just jump in. :smokin:

Kathy congratulations! :flowerforyou: You must be so excited. Dancing on cloud 9. :drinker:

I did two minutes total tonight. One minute rows with 7 pound dumbbells. Going up next to 10's. I am not just wanting to hold a plank. Sorry everyone. I want to do multiple exercises at once.

Keep pushing everyone.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    UUgggghhhhh. Did 60 second slight incline and then tried again and had to break it into two 30 second sets. Don't know why, they were really hard tonight. No way am I doing variations, or weights, or one-rms or elbow-to-straight switches like the rest of you. Super-Ugh! :embarassed:

Weather_nerd, we're definitely all on a different page. As you can tell, I am the caboose. Welcome!

Paula
  • weather_nerd
    Options
    I did 20 seconds last night. It was harder than I thought it would be!
  • airdale8263
    Options
    Day 18 - completed 150 seconds . Again did a straight arm for the first 60 seconds and than down to elbows for final 90 seconds. Arms were shaking bad but made it and than promptly fell flat on my face:laugh: :laugh:

Had to lay on the floor for awhile before I could move...ouch that one hurt this mornning.:sad: :sad:

Oh by the way -- I did do the 30 second straight arm down to elbows for 30 seconds backt to straight arm for 30 seconds last night. That was not easy but felt good after.

Tomorrow is rest day but I may not rest but try another 150.....yes I am a gluten for punishment.:laugh: :laugh:
  • iRun_Butterfly
    Options
    Day 18 done..wow! Didn't think I could, surprised myself!