Post your recent results!

Replies

• valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    sportsmans duathlon Co. Louth.

My first ever duathlon! Everyone was very professional looking, but great really friendly. The first run and cycle were fine but I really struggled on the second run, my legs were like jelly it felt like an epidural wearing off!

So have to work on my transitions before the second round in 3 weeks.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Winter Blast 5K Starting temp 10degrees.

Final time was 21:22. Very disappointed. :( Still won my age group somehow though heh.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    First 10K: 01:08:42.544
    Slow, but I ran!
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Done my first flat 10km race yesterday - 52:45 - PR for me. Had a stitch from 4km in :( I can't seem to stop getting them.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    10k PR on Saturday! 1:09:33, over 2 minutes faster than my previous best (in 2008) and more than 15 minutes faster than a 10k on the same couse 3 weeks ago. The weather was cold (4F), but no wind and very little snow and ice on the course.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Austin Half Marathon on Sunday. 1:55:56. I was originally shooting for sub 2 hour and the week before went ahead and changed it to 1:57. It was REALLY humid after having been so cold for all my long runs for the past three months. The humidity really kicked my *kitten*. But I'm absolutely thrilled with how I did.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Spring Thaw 15 miler. My goal was to be under 2:30 and I got it! 2:29:47. Very windy day, too.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Did the Ft. Eustis 10K on March 1st.

Goal was 60-70 mins with a great possibility of coming in at 65 mins.

I came in at 1:04 almost dead on prediction!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    OnionMama: Great job!!!
  • carewithay
    carewithay Posts: 5 Member
    I completed my first Half Marathon last weekend in 1:52:53.

Absolutely delighted with my time and can't wait to try and beat it on the next one!
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    I completed my first Half Marathon last weekend in 1:52:53.

Absolutely delighted with my time and can't wait to try and beat it on the next one!

woo hoo congratulations!!!! that was a great time!!!
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Run EC St. Patrick's Day Half - 1:22:28. 10th overall, 3rd AG
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Last race was the Cupcake 15k in Cumming, GA, on March 1. Finished in 1:07:47, 15th overall, first in my age group.

A bunch of us agreed that the course measured short. All of our gps watches measured the course at 8.99 miles, not the 9.3 it should have been. Some of the guys who ran it last year said the course was long, so maybe they were just trying to average it out. Either way, I was really happy with my pace and really happy with catching and passing a couple of the targets I identified late in the race.

Hoping to parlay that into a good time at the Chick-Fil-A Half Marathon in Athens on April 5.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    NYC Half Marathon new PR of 1:36!
  • addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Ran my first ever 10k last weekend. I planned on coming in about 60 min. My training runs are usually 10:30ish pace. But I came in at 57:24- I was pleased!

My boys ran with (er rather ahead of) me. Oldest ds took first in his age group, and set a new pr. In the 10k! Middle ds took 2nd in the 5k in his age group- he's 11- and the age group was 1-18 yr olds, I was so proud of them both!
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Ran my second ever 10K this morning... 6 minute PR over the first one (first one was nearly 21 months ago).

Gun time was 1:06:20

I was very pleased, even though I was 4th from DLF overall in the race.

There just aren't as many slow runners in the 10K distance as there are at either the 5K or the half marathon
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Had a 10k this morning! I've done 5ks, halfs, and a full before but this was actually my first ever 10k, which makes it a PR!

Chip Time: 59:42

Ran negative splits:
    [stats according to Garmin] Mile 1-(9:54), 2-(9:52), 3-(9:42), 4-(9:40), 5-(9:17), 6-(8:38)

I'm gearing up to PR at a half this May, hoping for a 2:10 finish (9:54 pace). I have a 15k in a couple weeks, I plan to practice negative splits again starting at half marathon pace and gradually speeding up. I figure as the distances get longer I won't speed up as much, but it was fun to have so much left in the tank to really run that last mile this morning!
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Ran the Savin Rock Half, West Haven, CT - 153:10 (8:40)

Part of a 15 mile training run - report here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KeithAngilly/view/race-report-savin-rock-half-marathon-c-race-642329

Eastern States 20 Miler on deck...another training run
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Ran the Publix Georgia Half Marathon on Sunday. I wasn't going for a PR, just treating it as a training run at an easy pace. And I was helping a friend and wasn't going to leave him behind. Finished in 2:06 and had a ton of fun along the way. And I felt great afterwards.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    30k Just a Short Run
    2:57:16

I was looking to be under 3 hours and I did it. I never did the race before but I was quite pleased with my results. At half marathon point I already PR at 2 hours. So I have a half in 3 weeks which is flat and slightly down hill so I think I could do under 2 hour half.
This discussion has been closed.