Today I'm proud of myself for....

Options

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Hope you've had a better day today MadDog.

Today I'm proud of myself for not over-thinking it :)
  • dlbaron
    dlbaron Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone for their small victories today!
    Today I am proud of myself for opening a granola bar someone gave me, but throwing it out after tasting it and deciding I didn't like it. I am also proud of myself for learning a new exercise- front squats,
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for all I accomplished yesterday. Laundry? Done. Bread? Made. Dishes? Clean. Vacuuming? Done. Okay, now I'm just patting myself on the back...but that's what this thread is for right?

Happy Friday ya'll! Hope you have a fun, relaxing weekend coming up :)
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for having a positive outlook. 6,300 cals over weekly goal be damned HA. Better try next week
  • emzielit
    emzielit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for stopping my workout when I felt pain, even though I felt guilty about it. Don't want any injuries!
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Today I feel proud of myself for steering myself away from very tempting chocolates and grabbing my bag of healthy snacks instead. I figured if the chocolate was calling my name, it probably was because I actually needed to eat something. But my veggies, apple, and cheese was a much better choice!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    ...walking on the treadmill for 20 min, when all I wanted to do was crawl in bed and pull up the covers :-)

Ditto for today
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    1. Logging my really poor food choices Monday night and logging the marathon binge that happened mostly all day long yesterday.

The logging might not be 100% accurate as I had to 'guesstimate' some of it.
    Usually I say "screw it" and don't log it. But I did.

2. I am also proud of myself for starting today with a healthy breakfast.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for not drowning my grief in chocolates and liquor. I had a healthy dinner with a decent sized dessert and stopped there. I cried too much. My eyes are still swollen and puffy. But at least I didn't make it worse with a terrible binge.
  • sarehhhhhhh
    Options
    Today I'm so proud of myself for not binging on cheesecake... and for doing a total of about 3 1/2 hours exercise (including yoga and gentle cycling).
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    Mine is a good news/bad news type of thing....

Bad news is: last night I binged after an 8 day streak of being binge free. I ate half a jar of almond butter and an entire box of crackers within about 30-45 minutes. It's not the worst I've ever done, maybe about 1,700 calories on top of my regular meals I had yesterday.

The Good news: This morning when I was making my breakfast and lunch for the day, I emptied the remaining amount of almond butter I had left into the compost (there's no way I will touch it again from in there!!! ewwwww). I have never done this before with almond/peanut butter since this is probably my absolute favoritist thing in the world to eat and almond butter is damn expensive so I justify keeping it around sometimes just because of that even though I know it is my biggest trigger.

I don't even know how it happens...I knew that the almond butter and crackers would inevitibly lead to a binge yet I just went ahead and bought them anyways... I guess in my mind I always tell myself that "maybe this time will be different...maybe I will be able to control it".

In any case, I am proud of myself for getting rid of the trigger food this morning, and also for confessing my binge to the group. I felt gross and ashamed this morning but it's starting to fade away...especially as I write this post :) Thank you
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for completing my workout. Half way through weights I felt like I just wanted to quit, but I kept on going and finished. Plus I ended the workout with a short spurt of boxing too!
  • kerrid72
    kerrid72 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Love reading all the positive things on here!!

I'm proud today that I have stuck with good eating for 3 days now. I'm usually not good with staying consistent.
    Feeling good and even more motivated to keep up the good food coming in!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for not giving into the binge mindset. I was overly tired yesterday and snacked a little too much. I didn't log in the moment, but knew I had probably gone over my daily allowance. Knowing that, I really just wanted to "give up and start over tomorrow", like always. But I recognized being full and remembered the feeling I would have AFTER the binge, and decided it wasn't worth it.

Slowly but surely I'm working my way towards a healthy mindset. I may not reach my calorie goals for the day, but I'm still taking these days as wins because I'm not just striving towards physical health, but mental health as well. I don't want to reach a number on a scale, but still be battling these monsters. I want to be healthy AND happy.

Have a great Friday ya'll :)
  • runningcat76
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself that even though i had a binge last night and actually started the day today with half a tub of ice cream I found the strength to go out for a 9 mile run and not carry on the binge.
  • kerrid72
    kerrid72 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for not binge eating over the weekend. Weekends are tough for me. As a result of staying on track all last week AND the weekend... I'm down 2 pounds! Good feeling!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for being 7 days binge-free and FINALLY getting my derrier back in the gym yesterday!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for not binge eating over the weekend. Weekends are tough for me. As a result of staying on track all last week AND the weekend... I'm down 2 pounds! Good feeling!

Woop woop, you go Kerri! :)
  • SunshineGirl0518
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for stopping a binge right at the beginning. I started it with a few bites and stopped! That is a huge step for me, I usually can't stop when I'm in the moment of stress. I also stayed within my calorie allowance and even though I had a VERY stressful day, I have stayed binge free since the temptation eight hours ago. :) Yay for small victories. So thankful there is a place to share, it makes the victory seem bigger :)
  • SunshineGirl0518
    Options
    Yay!! Congrats!! Keep up the great work :)