***Welcome and introduce yourself!***

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hello - I know its towards the end of the goal week, but I really wanted to go ahead and get started with a group to help hold me accountable to my goals - 1 step at a time. If I drop out of sight, please message me or bug me somehow to get back on it!

My name is Kim, 43 yrs old, secretive binge eating since age 12 (never had to deal with any purging behaviors). Somehow I've never been terribly overweight (40 lbs at most). I am ready to kick that awful habit for good - its expensive, draining, and embarrassing to say the least. I've had success when I've gotten very FOCUSED on a daily basis on healthy active goals. Logging food and keeping up with my calorie balance with my BodyMedia armband has worked very well for me.

I have tried binge eating groups, but they seem to get me focused more on the problem and lead me to do worse. Focusing something you're craving and trying to quit isn't helpful for me. I've had a great week so far and I realized that I haven't thought at all about the problem, instead just on eating the right foods and staying active with other people to keep up the positive momentum.

I feel super motivated and "cured" at the moment, and I really don't want to let this mindset slip away. Tough times are inevitably ahead, and I want to have as many weapons in my arsenal as possible when it comes time to battle my demons.

Goal #1:
    Log my calories in and calories burned each day. I use BodyMedia for calories burned. I made my MFP food log open to all friends.

Goal #2:
    Go to my local workout class at least 2x/week. Knowing I'll be around others makes it less likely for me to binge. Plus, the workouts are great!

Goal #3:
    Do at least 3 workouts on my 10k runner app each week. I started a 10k running program on Monday and I really want to see it to the end.

Mon Feb 17:
    Calories in/out logged!
    Workout class (pilates) done!
    Week 1, Day 1 of 10k plan done!

Tue Feb 18:
    Calories in/out logged!
    Workout class (HIIT) done!
    Week 1, Day 1 of 10k plan repeated

Weds Feb 19:
    Calories in/out logged!
    Skied with group of friends!

Thurs Feb 20:
    Calories in/out logged!
    Workout class (pilates) done!
    Week 1, Day 2 of 10k plan done!

Onward :-)
    Hey Kim! Not sure if I officially welcomed you... great insight on binge eating. I totally understand what you're saying about not focusing on the binge foods as much as how to get out of that mind set. Really glad you're a part of our weekly group...you're creating some great new habits already.

Hearts:heart:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Hey all - Just joined...I've been avoiding my scale for a year and a half (eeeks!!). I just joined a challenge and will need to weigh-in on 4/1, so I thought this would be a good way to cleanse in preparation.

I will post my goals for the week now, but I'm trying to figure out if this group requires a daily check-in...If someone could reply here to let me know that would be great...thanks!
    Hey Runner, Welcome! Unsure if you got a reply to your question about how this group works yet? I did see you post your goals on this weeks thread.

I've found the best way to stay on track and committed is daily check-ins. Though if that's not possible, as often as you can will help quite a bit. It's keeps us all connected and focused on our weekly/daily goals.

I see such a difference when I commit to checking in more often in how my days go and it keeps me feeling close to my other Warrior Women Weekly Mini-goalers. :drinker:

Glad you're here,
    Hearts:heart:
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Hearts. Sounds great! I'm looking forward to this challenge.
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hey all - Just joined...I've been avoiding my scale for a year and a half (eeeks!!). I just joined a challenge and will need to weigh-in on 4/1, so I thought this would be a good way to cleanse in preparation.

I will post my goals for the week now, but I'm trying to figure out if this group requires a daily check-in...If someone could reply here to let me know that would be great...thanks!

Hi Runner,
    Welcome to our group. Our group is very supportive and people check in as they can. It does keep us on track if we check in more often but the beauty of the group is that there are not any requirements. I have been where you are in having not had a weigh in and hoping it is better than I think, But once you have a starting point, just take it one day at a time and make the changes that will help you change your lifestyle. Good luck and looking forward to seeing your progress.
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been a MFP member for years and in 2010, I lost 91 pounds following my doctor's dietary plan and using MFP's food and exercise tracker. Unfortunately, I gained 90 of it back! I've started and stopped, started and stopped too many times to count since then. I recently spoke with my doctor, who is going to let me see her on a regular basis with updated food and exercise diaries and weigh in's as that seems to help me stay focused. I figure this is just the type of thing for me, so I can set attainable goals and not get discouraged. Thanks for letting me join :)
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I just joined - I am one of Molly's many friends. Carolyn, 52, married, no kids, three cats and doing my best to change my lifestyle (so far, so good :smile: )
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I just joined - I am one of Molly's many friends. Carolyn, 52, married, no kids, three cats and doing my best to change my lifestyle (so far, so good :smile: )
    Welcome Carolyn!! Great goals this week too...enjoy your vacation!!
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My name is Christine from Metro Washington DC (NOVA). I am turning 50 this October and I want to age gracefully and healthy. Currently I follow the Daniel Plan which is a combination of the 5Fs - Faith, Focus (gratification), Food, Fitness and Friends. The Food aspect is basically eating non-processed and non-refined food, eat lots of vegetables and fruits. I take my weight loss a week at a time.

Hope this group will help me get into the right direction. Thanks
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    My name is Christine from Metro Washington DC (NOVA). I am turning 50 this October and I want to age gracefully and healthy. Currently I follow the Daniel Plan which is a combination of the 5Fs - Faith, Focus (gratification), Food, Fitness and Friends. The Food aspect is basically eating non-processed and non-refined food, eat lots of vegetables and fruits. I take my weight loss a week at a time.

Hope this group will help me get into the right direction. Thanks
    Welcome Christine!! Keep up the good work! Eating non-processed foods is an excellent plan!
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    I;m new to the group but not new to MFP. I've tried and tried to work on my health and I'm really needing to do something about it. I currentlyreside in Portland Or
    I think this group would be a great fit as I like the motivation of challenges and keeping accountable with others who are going through similar situations.
  • cjajsmith
    cjajsmith Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Mandy. I'm 40 years old and a SAHM to 3 kids (ages almost 7, almost 8 and 9.5 yr old). I joined mfp awhile ago and used it on and off but not very well. I used to do WW which worked but then i would just put the weight on again when i went on vacation. I am now at my heaviest weight of 182lbs and want to lose 20lbs. More importantly, I need to get rid of my belly fat, as I know that this is the most unhealthy fat to have. I have never joined a group before, but everywhere i look healthy eating/weight loss programs all seem to say that community support is the way to be successful. So here I am. This group really appealed to me as I find I'm usually more successful with anything when I break it down into small steps. A one week goal is so much more manageable than looking at a 20lb loss. I'm trying to create a 'clean eating' home for my family so any advice on that would be great. I'm also going to be homeschooling my middle child this year and so could do with some help on fitting in workouts. Thanks for setting up this group - I'm looking forward to checking in often and to setting some goals!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just joined the group. I am fairly new to MFP. I am starting to get overwhelmed with info. I am hoping making small goals will help me stay focused.
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just joined the group. I am fairly new to MFP. I am starting to get overwhelmed with info. I am hoping making small goals will help me stay focused.

Hi Lori,
    Welcome to the group. take it one step at a time and concentrate on making changes that will change your way of thinking and make new healthy habits. it can be overwhelming but take it one day at a time.
  • Kataniki
    Kataniki Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kat. I just starting using MFP and thought it might help me to be part of a community. Love the idea of breaking down goals into baby steps, I am a big fan of Kaizen. My goals is to get leaner and healthier - not a specific number of pounds lost. I do want to go down 2 clothing sizes. I have been learning to take better care of myself over the past year including working with a personal trainer on building muscle, focusing on getting more sleep, adding in stress reducing activities and saying, "No" more often.
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Susan. I'm 58 years young and live in Tucson Arizona. I've been on MFP for about two years now. I was in another support group which unfortunately recently fizzled out, so was looking for another. I am delighted to have found this group and look forward to participating .
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Kat and Susan! :heart:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Papillon22 wrote: »
    Welcome, Kat and Susan! :heart:

+ 1! :) Great to have you both here, sorry I didn't greet you a bit sooner! <3

Hearts <3

• kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Karen. I'm 61, married and a retired nurse. We live in Scottsdale, Arizona and my son lives in Thailand, so I don't see him too often. My weight has yo-yo'd for years. I have been 20 pounds heavier, years ago, and 25 pounds lighter a couple years ago. I would really love to lose about 25 pounds. I hike lots, and eat too many of the calories back. I've been on MFP for probably more than a year and I think it has helped me stay focused, but I have maintained more than lose. I just joined a 25 lb challenge group also which begins 11/3 and lasts 25 weeks. I'm hoping with both of these and the Beck Diet Solution group I am also on, I can start heading in the right direction!
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Welcome Karen! I'm thrilled you joined the group :D
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    seehe wrote: »
    Welcome Karen! I'm thrilled you joined the group :D

Hi Karen :) I'm glad you joined our group, always great to have new members! Any friend of Susan's is a friend of ours. hee hee

I wasn't sure how that friend request was working out with all the new updates MFP is going through..glad it came through alright!

Nice looking goals this week :)

Hearts <3