May Challenge

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
I'm thinking we need a May challenge in here. How about this: I challenge you all to 28 days of exercise (that gives us 2-3 days off, depending on whether you got some today).

I'm setting a minimum of FIVE minutes--because, seriously, everyone can find five minutes to stretch, walk in place, do crunches, anything to get the blood flowing and body moving. Are you in?

Winner will get a prize TBD. If more than one person does all 28 days, I'll draw names from a hat.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Replies

• Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm in ! Me and my bestie walked up and down main st. today. I normally don't add exercise to my diary. Do we just need to check in here or would you prefer it documented in the diary. I can if you would like. I'll just change the calories burned to 1, I've seen others do this. Blessings
  • debunny34
    debunny34 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am in also :) Maybe this is what I need to get my butt motivated into exercising more! Thanks for the wonderful idea Karen!
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Sure I'll do it. I guess i already lost one day since i couldn't do my walking or yoga today.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    It is a great challenge, but I can't be in. I will be out of town for a week with no internet activity, so no logging and checking in for me. :smile:

I have a personal exercise challenge every month. I keep track of how many miles I bike (stationary and road), walk, row, swim or elliptical (not sure about the verb to use for doing the elliptical). Last month was over 425 miles total. Each month I try to beat my previous month's distance.

I find keeping a record of exercise, either how long, or how far, or calories burned and seeing it improve over the month keeps me motivated.
  • andysdream
    andysdream Posts: 54
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea. Count me in. I'm going to water aerobics this morning. :
  • KarenZen
    Options
    No need to formally log in your exercise. We'll just use the honor system.

I'd love it, though, if everyone could post on this thread all month to share what they are doing for exercise and to encourage others.

I imagine I'll be doing a lot of sit ups at 11:55 p.m.!
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea.. I am IN. Thank your for making it 5 minutes Karen, everyone here is capable of 5 minutes doing something. Yesterday I walked for at least five minutes. Today I will make sure I do that lap of the parking lot, it is longer than 5 minutes but I will feel I have well qualified. Tomorrow is Aqua Zumba and that is an hour.
  • kdaughertyfp
    kdaughertyfp Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Count me in.

Since I did not see this until this morning, I will report on yesterdays activity.

05/01/2014 - 61 minutes of using NuStep. This is a recumbent cross trainer, (a seated stepper).

Do we just report daily what our exercise was?
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am also in!. I walk for my exercise - May 1 - 30 mins treadmill - done.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Options
    I have a idea for a good way to log so it will be easy to keep track. Everyone just keep editing the same post. So instead of each person having 30 different post it one just edited.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Options
    Sandy's May Challenge activity
    Day :
    1- walking 30 min, stretching 30 min
    2- dancing 20 min
  • KarenZen
    Options
    I have a idea for a good way to log so it will be easy to keep track. Everyone just keep editing the same post. So instead of each person having 30 different post it one just edited.

LOVE this idea!!! and I didn't even think of dancing until I saw your post. Today I will DANCE. Wooohoooo!
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    May 01 - 45 minutes on stationary bike - 13.8 miles + 40 minutes on the elliptical - 1.23 miles + 27 minutes strength training
    May 02 - 45 minutes on stationary bike - 13.9 miles
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'll just change the calories burned to 1, I've seen others do this.

Count me IN!!! Now I really need to get my butt out of bed in the morning, and now I'm a day behind so I've got some catching up to do!!

Sandy - I've seen this as well, but have no idea how it factors into the daily net calories? How does changing it to 1 work?

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
  • Sandyslosenit
    Options
    I'll just change the calories burned to 1, I've seen others do this.

Count me IN!!! Now I really need to get my butt out of bed in the morning, and now I'm a day behind so I've got some catching up to do!!

Sandy - I've seen this as well, but have no idea how it factors into the daily net calories? How does changing it to 1 work?

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
    I personally don't like eating my exercise calories back and I don't want people harping me about it. Lol, so I normally don't log it. But if you want to log it, and don't want it to mess with your net -you can change the calories burned to 1. I didn't do this last night because I went over by a few cals, so I just let the net drop.
  • debunny34
    debunny34 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am about to get out and drive a few hours to take my son to go to his dads for the weekend so it has been rush rush rush today lol, But I did fit in one Zumba song that was 5 mins. I want to do more tomorrow, but I just didnt have enough time today since we are about to be on the road. I am proud though that even though I had to leave in 15 mins, I got in at least something today :) thanks Karen again for coming up with this challenge!
  • kilgore67
    kilgore67 Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm in. Thanks for making it only 5 minutes because I haven't starting exercising yet. I did not exercise 5/1.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Options
    Sandy's May Challenge activity
    Day :
    1- walking 30 min, stretching 30 min
    2- dancing 20 min, stretching 30 min
    I forgot there was a time limit to edit. But we can still add it all together by going in above the "quote" that's what I just did when I added the stretching.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    I am about to get out and drive a few hours to take my son to go to his dads for the weekend so it has been rush rush rush today lol, But I did fit in one Zumba song that was 5 mins. I want to do more tomorrow, but I just didnt have enough time today since we are about to be on the road. I am proud though that even though I had to leave in 15 mins, I got in at least something today :) thanks Karen again for coming up with this challenge!

This is AWESOME!!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    May 2: 40 minutes aquasize, 30 minutes laps, and 5 minutes of dancing like a lunatic to technopop in the deep end of the pool.
    (I plan to have FUN with this challenge!)