Bodyfat estimation thread

Options

Replies

• midnightisolde
    midnightisolde Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'd like a new estimation please. I've been doing Bret Contreras Strong Curves bodyweight program (with some added weights on certain exercises) for about three months now.

33nbx9j.jpg

2hn75vk.jpg

2j4wvvr.jpg

1zggk5u.jpg

28vf4lu.jpg

2r5cl1t.jpg

9qwpib.jpg

110ex35.jpg
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Sorry this took so long -- we will get to the rest of you this week:

charlieheffer - 23-24%
    antxoable: ~24, maybe 25.
    zachbonner: In the low 20's somewhere.
    sezxyStef: Right around the 30% mark.
    6789Qwerty123: Below 10%, possibly in the 8% range.
    Graelwyn75: Somewhere in the low teens
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Thanks I appreciate that...wasn't expecting that number...will just have to work at getting it down to where I want it.
  • js8181
    js8181 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    5"6"
    157lbs

both unflexed:

Photoon5-11-14at537PM_zpsb74e1c61.jpg

Photoon5-11-14at536PM_zps20a1c70e.jpg

No rush, thank you!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    ^^Hi! Not sure how quickly we will get to this - so if you want to PM us with them, please feel free - we can take them down from here then.

Thank you very much. I sent them to Sidesteel.

Hi I resent them to Sidesteel! Thanks a million
  • 6789Qwerty12345
    Options

Thank you :)
    The scale says 12% but i also thought i was below 10%.

Anyway i'am happy :)
    Do you have any advice as to how to get this even further? It is becoming difficult to reduce fat % lately, maybe it's time to change my workouts / diet.

Guido
  • midnightisolde
    midnightisolde Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'd like a new estimation please. I've been doing Bret Contreras Strong Curves bodyweight program (with some added weights on certain exercises) for about three months now.

33nbx9j.jpg

2hn75vk.jpg

2j4wvvr.jpg

1zggk5u.jpg

28vf4lu.jpg

2r5cl1t.jpg

9qwpib.jpg

110ex35.jpg

Some extra ones

Back sort of flexed:

2m3il21.jpg

Unflexed side:

ztaelh.jpg

Height: 5'4' Weight: 127 lbs Bust:35.5 Waist: 27.9 Hips:38.5
  • 6789Qwerty12345
    Options

Do you have any advice as to how to get this even further? It is becoming difficult to reduce fat % lately, maybe it's time to change my workouts / diet.

I mean building some additional muscle mass without adding too much fat because i am almost too thin to look good.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Hello again. I'd really appreciate a new estimate, as I'm starting a new program and it seems like it'd be nice to have 'things' to look back on a few months from now. I'm 5'3' and 135; military calc gives me 24.5% and Covert Baily gives me 23.6% (which is the closest these two have ever been, when I was heavier they were as much as 8-9% away from each other.) Anyway, pictures. Let me know if these are too blurry, I had my youngest sister take them and she's not exactly a master of the camera phone just yet.

Front: Relaxed and Flexed
    kvfwR1L.jpg?1
    os5XHq7.jpg?1

Back: Relaxed and Flexed
    lvF36y7.jpg?1
    Oa2ygKh.jpg?1

Side: Relaxed(ish) and Flexed(ish)
    LMl08CT.jpg?1
    0iNzzna.jpg?1
  • antxoable
    antxoable Posts: 86 Member
    Options

Thanks, I hope being able to lower it to 20 by august. Those pictures have couple of months and my legs have changed a bit so i might be already 23. Will be posting new pictures soon.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

charlieheffer - 23-24%
    zachbonner: In the low 20's somewhere.
    sezxyStef: Right around the 30% mark.
    Graelwyn75: Somewhere in the low teens

• Quoop
    Quoop Posts: 6
    Options
    BF estimate please? I am guessing around an 25%~ 28%. Odd fat distribution.. m00bs. I tried to keep a straight posture-- front one is back against wall.
    9sfd5j.jpg110vibt.jpgt8rlg5.jpg
    30i89ap.jpg

Thanks!
  • anask4
    anask4 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I was hoping to get some body fat estimates, thanks!

Front Unflexed:
    frontunflexed_zpsac28efe2.jpg

Front Flexed:
    frontflexed_zps62c29fde.jpg

Side Unflexed:
    sideunflexed_zpsd45d7c1a.jpg

Side Flexed:
    sideflexed_zpsc6e92cbc.jpg

Back Unflexed:
    backunflexed_zpsbe4aec3c.png

Back Flexed:
    backflexed_zps15de6a8b.jpg
  • anask4
    Options
    By the way, I weigh 136 and am 5'6"
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Finally brave enough to put pictures into here.

Weight 157.4
    Height 5'7'

Relaxed: http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r54/Sunflowerhippi/Mobile Uploads/Screenshot_2014-06-05-09-17-06-1_zpsucgykwxk.png

Flexed: http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r54/Sunflowerhippi/Mobile Uploads/Screenshot_2014-06-05-09-17-45-1_zps7fw2gy4w.png

If you need any other photos or information let me know. Covert Bailey puts me around 26.5, Military at 27.6.

Wanted to see if you agree and think I am in that range as well. I know when I PM'ed before I had included my lifts stats for lower body if those are needed as help let me know.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Heads up: We will attempt to get going on this thread over the weekend. Thanks for your patience!
  • SideSteel
    Options

I mean building some additional muscle mass without adding too much fat because i am almost too thin to look good.

Eat in a slight surplus, keep resistance training. Aim for about .5lb/week gain in weight. You may have the potential to go slightly faster however if your concern is to minimize fat gain even if it's at the expense of gaining muscle at a slightly slower rate, then keep your rate of weight gain low.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    js8181: Difficult to tell given these photos. We typically need shirtless photos front and back, flexed and unflexed. The closest we can get based on this limited view is somewhere in the upper teens. If you would like a more accurate assessment (that and we are a month behind so you probably look different now) please resubmit.

midnightisolde: 27-28%

Achrya: Nice work, definitely seem to have lost a lot of fat and retained lean mass. You're probably in the 23-24% range. Sara is way fatter than you and she's eating ice cream while telling me this.

Quoop: Without a flexed pic we lose accuracy in the estimation. Closest we can get is "mid twenties". Include your stats and flexed pics if you'd like a re-estimate.

anask4: Anywhere from the high teens to 20%.

sunflowerhippi: This is a tough one due to how your bodyfat is distributed. Likely around the 27-28 range.
  • anask4
    Options
    anask4: Anywhere from the high teens to 20%.

Crap, guess I have more work to do than i though. The military circumference method put me at 15%. It seems that ALL of my fat is on my abdomen, any ideas on how to fix this? I already weigh 135 lbs and I was hoping that cutting calories was nearing an end. Guess not.
This discussion has been closed.