Bodyfat estimation thread

Options

Replies

• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    *Deep breath* (Can't believe I'm putting pics of me in my skivvies on the interwebs :grumble: )

I'm ready for an estimate, please. :flowerforyou: For reference, I'm 5'9" and 126.5 lbs, give or take a lb. I understand this to be at the very lowest end of "healthy as per BMI" weight for my height, but I don't think I look underweight (I could use some reassurance about that tbh).

Front, relaxed and flexed.

2l8b6rl.png

Side, relaxed and flexed.

2je73hk.png

Back, relaxed and flexed.

ku3bp.png

Thanks for your time. I may also have some questions (based on your answer here) about what my next steps might be (I'm spending a lot of time frigging around with my intake lately and I think I just need someone to tell me what to do, lol).
  • ShoeGal78
    ShoeGal78 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Please can I have an estimate? I'm 5'6 and 131lbs

Front relaxed

image-3.jpg

Side relaxed

image.jpg

Flexed

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    *Deep breath* (Can't believe I'm putting pics of me in my skivvies on the interwebs :grumble: )

You have your shoes on, so it's OK. I was barefoot, so had to ask that my skivvies pics be deleted ;)

I'd also like to add, that while I'm no expert, I do not think you look too thin. I'm 5'10" and ~130lbs, so also at the bottom end of BMI. I think BMI might be a bit off for taller women.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Could you estimate for me please?

Back flexed
    2013-06-12backflexedsmall_zps11669e29.jpg

Back relaxed
    2013-06-12backrelaxedsmall_zps488dc763.jpg

Side flexed
    2013-06-12sideflexedsmall_zps42b445fd.jpg

Side relaxed
    2013-06-12siderelaxedsmall_zps29997d87.jpg

Front flexed
    2013-06-12frontflexedsmall_zps8852c677.jpg

Front relaxed
    2013-06-12frontrelaxedsmall_zpse63ed774.jpg

Please excuse the mess in the background - we're moving house in two days time!

5'4", 132lbs.

Hi!

We put you at approximately 28%, give or take a percentage point either way.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I'm ready for an estimate, please. :flowerforyou: For reference, I'm 5'9" and 126.5 lbs, give or take a lb. I understand this to be at the very lowest end of "healthy as per BMI" weight for my height, but I don't think I look underweight (I could use some reassurance about that tbh).

Front, relaxed and flexed.

2l8b6rl.png

Side, relaxed and flexed.

2je73hk.png

Back, relaxed and flexed.

ku3bp.png

Thanks for your time. I may also have some questions (based on your answer here) about what my next steps might be (I'm spending a lot of time frigging around with my intake lately and I think I just need someone to tell me what to do, lol).

Hi!

You do not look underweight - you look lean :smile:

We put you at about 18%, give or take a % point.

Great clear pics btw - makes it easier for us.
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Could you estimate for me please?

Please excuse the mess in the background - we're moving house in two days time!

5'4", 132lbs.

Hi!

We put you at approximately 28%, give or take a percentage point either way.

Thanks. That's way more than the calculators - guess I have some work to do :)
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Hi!

You do not look underweight - you look lean :smile:

We put you at about 18%, give or take a % point.

Great clear pics btw - makes it easier for us.

Thanks so much! Well, that's one goal off my list! :bigsmile:

I'll be seeking to pick your brain again shortly re: next steps for the the next few months in my progress thread.
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just inquiring if there was an issue seeing my pictures? I sent out private messages with the link and password. If there was no issue, then I am just waiting patiently.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Just inquiring if there was an issue seeing my pictures? I sent out private messages with the link and password. If there was no issue, then I am just waiting patiently.

No issue, except me flaking. Will respond today.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Were you able to see my images okay on the link I added? Let me know if you want them a different way or if you need better pics. I had issues with getting good ones.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Please can I have an estimate? I'm 5'6 and 131lbs

Front relaxed

image-3.jpg

Side relaxed

image.jpg

Flexed

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

Hi

Could you provide a back shot.

Thanks
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

So sorry for the delay.

We put you at about 20 - 21%.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Were you able to see my images okay on the link I added? Let me know if you want them a different way or if you need better pics. I had issues with getting good ones.

Hi!

Thanks for the updated pics. We put you at about 28 - 30%.
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thank you The number you gave is right around what my cheap *kitten* scale says but I was very, very hesitant to believe it.

And THANK YOU for the personal note. I appreciate it. Yes, I have extra skin and still have a lot of fat in my tummy and it is embarrassing but I have to learn to accept it and be happy where I am. I've come a long way. July 19, 2012 I had my bf taken and it was around 35% by Dec it was 25% and now 20%. I'll be back to get some advise on recomping but for now. I'm a happy camper!

I just posted my Success Story yesterday. If anyone want to know my story - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1027374-found-the-faith-to-believe-in-myself

Thanks again.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Thank you The number you gave is right around what my cheap *kitten* scale says but I was very, very hesitant to believe it.

And THANK YOU for the personal note. I appreciate it. Yes, I have extra skin and still have a lot of fat in my tummy and it is embarrassing but I have to learn to accept it and be happy where I am. I've come a long way. July 19, 2012 I had my bf taken and it was around 35% by Dec it was 25% and now 20%. I'll be back to get some advise on recomping but for now. I'm a happy camper!

I just posted my Success Story yesterday. If anyone want to know my story - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1027374-found-the-faith-to-believe-in-myself

Thanks again.

I read your Success Story - great post - congratulations on what you have achieved.
  • ShoeGal78
    Options
    Sorry about that - got the husband to take some back shots this morning!! Hope these are ok:

image-4.jpg

And tensed:

75aa80e1-2cbf-47a6-a6a9-fc2145b52e23.jpg
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options

Hi!

Thanks for the updated pics. We put you at about 28 - 30%.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. I'm looking into starting weights and I wanted to have a good estimate of my starting point. :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    ShoeGal78

Hi! We put you at about 19 - 20%.
  • ShoeGal78
    Options
    ShoeGal78

Hi! We put you at about 19 - 20%.

Thanks so much - that's about what I thought but glad to have it confirmed by someone more informed!
  • jujunnaichi
    Options
    I'm still working on getting lean. Legs are on the lighter side since I only have access to a pair of 52.5 adjustable dumbbells. Kindly estimate bodyfat. Thanks.

Height: 5' 5"
    Flexed

z97ot6W.jpg

Sorry, I missed this part: "The pics need to be candid pics and not at flattering angles/body positions." Let me take new pictures tonight and post them. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.