Bodyfat estimation thread

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hey Sara and SideSteel!

I was wondering if I can get an estimate on my BF%. I have an album of the pics requested that I will link here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/fsripdkyqugikb4/ZFLaE7kmzb

However, if you need me to post them in the thread, I will be happy to!

Sorry for the delay. Could you let us know your weight and height. Thanks
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Hey Sara and SideSteel!

I was wondering if I can get an estimate on my BF%. I have an album of the pics requested that I will link here:

Sorry for the delay. Could you let us know your weight and height. Thanks

Oh yeah! 5'8" and 154 lbs :smile:
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara and SideSteel!

I was wondering if I can get an estimate on my BF%

Hi!

What is your height and weight?

Thanks

5'10" but I have scoliosis -wingspan 5'11"
    185lbs

Thanks
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    ^^could you open your diary so I can help with your intake levels. If you are not comfortable doing that, then you can lock with a password and send me the password so it is not available to everyone. Trust me in that you will get no judgement about what you eat, I just want to help get your intake such that you can get to a higher BF% while still being comfortable with the way you look.

Do you do cardio for a specific reason? Unless you are training for a specific event, I would suggest dropping the cardio.

Sent several pms and still awaiting guidance on intake levels, if possible.
    Or just let me know if you do not wish to get involved in advising me on intake levels due to my history of EDs. Thanks.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    ^^could you open your diary so I can help with your intake levels. If you are not comfortable doing that, then you can lock with a password and send me the password so it is not available to everyone. Trust me in that you will get no judgement about what you eat, I just want to help get your intake such that you can get to a higher BF% while still being comfortable with the way you look.

Do you do cardio for a specific reason? Unless you are training for a specific event, I would suggest dropping the cardio.

Sent several pms and still awaiting guidance on intake levels, if possible.
    Or just let me know if you do not wish to get involved in advising me on intake levels due to my history of EDs. Thanks.

Hi - I am a little behind in my PMs - will respond shortly.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Hey Sara and SideSteel!

Hi! No need to post in the thread - these are good. SideSteel and I always double check body fat estimates with each other and as the *kitten* has abandoned me to go on vacation it may take a little while to get back to you, so please bear with us.

No problem! I knew you were on your own for a while :smile:

Sorry for the delay in responding. Each time we chatted our time got used up with SideSteel crying into his frozen berries about how fat he got over his vacation. It was a sad sight indeed.

Anyhoo, we would put you at about 24%, give or take a % either way.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Hi Sara and SideSteel!

Hi!

Thanks

185lbs

Thanks

Hi!

We put you at the low to mid 30% mark.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara and SideSteel!

Hi!

Thanks

185lbs

Thanks

Hi!

We put you at the low to mid 30% mark.

Thanks Sara,

33-35% is way better then what military body fat calculator says - 39.7% :)
  • ZoeLifts
    Options
    Hey Sara and SideSteel!

Hi! No need to post in the thread - these are good. SideSteel and I always double check body fat estimates with each other and as the *kitten* has abandoned me to go on vacation it may take a little while to get back to you, so please bear with us.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Each time we chatted our time got used up with SideSteel crying into his frozen berries about how fat he got over his vacation. It was a sad sight indeed.

Anyhoo, we would put you at about 24%, give or take a % either way.

Oh wow!! Thanks guys! That is a lot better than I was expecting!! You all rock!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Hey Sara and SideSteel!

^LOL.

also true.
  • ZoeLifts
    Options
    Hey Sara and SideSteel!

^LOL.

also true.

Sounds like a good vacation, then!!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I would appreciate it if someone would give me a guess on my body fat percentage. I'll be buying calipers soon, but I'd like a good visual guess as well as I'm not the most objective about myself. I found a thread in the main forums with visuals, but everyone was using vastly different methods. I got pointed to online calculators, which gave me from 20-28%.

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html#accurate (this test said 20.6%) I have a very hard time believing I'd be below 25%. I do hold all my weight in my stomach though. Then those army/navy calculators say more like 28-30%, which is more believable, but sadly high. lol

I'm 5'11", 170lbs, healthy bmi.

95ab78d2-df21-4aa5-8f78-1852ba8b3aca_zpscbe67dc1.jpg

32017b51-2a5c-476a-99b3-b60454f22898_zpsf1d82066.jpg

Thanks for any input you can give me. I'd really like to switch from a bmi/weight goal to a BF% goal. :)
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Greetings SideSteel and Sara

I am 5'6" and weigh around 133-136 depending on the day/time etc. I have my photos in a private album. I will message you the password.

I think I am hard to estimate because it seems my belly and upper thighs are STUBBORN fat. My chest, back, and limbs have shed a lot of fat over the past year.

I am currently training for a couple of sprint triathlon but once those are over I do plan on strength training again. I need to work on becoming more symmetrical in my body. Everything on my left side is smaller and weaker and always has been. I also wonder if there is anyway to get muscles or even fat to cover my bony upper chest.

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/overboard_eater/library/Overboard_Eater_bodyfat_est

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I love your box, wbandel!!! :D

Hmmm that kinda came out wrong, huh?
  • wbandel
    Options
    I love your box, wbandel!!! :D

Hmmm that kinda came out wrong, huh?

:laugh: Thanks. That's my attempt at trying to stay anonymous-ish, while still retaining my sense of humor. Considered using those pics for this thread, but thought it might get in the way of a proper assessment, I could have a fat head after all. lol
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Could you estimate for me please?

Back flexed
    2013-06-12backflexedsmall_zps11669e29.jpg

Back relaxed
    2013-06-12backrelaxedsmall_zps488dc763.jpg

Side flexed
    2013-06-12sideflexedsmall_zps42b445fd.jpg

Side relaxed
    2013-06-12siderelaxedsmall_zps29997d87.jpg

Front flexed
    2013-06-12frontflexedsmall_zps8852c677.jpg

Front relaxed
    2013-06-12frontrelaxedsmall_zpse63ed774.jpg

Please excuse the mess in the background - we're moving house in two days time!

5'4", 132lbs.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I would appreciate it if someone would give me a guess on my body fat percentage. I'll be buying calipers soon, but I'd like a good visual guess as well as I'm not the most objective about myself. I found a thread in the main forums with visuals, but everyone was using vastly different methods. I got pointed to online calculators, which gave me from 20-28%.

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html#accurate (this test said 20.6%) I have a very hard time believing I'd be below 25%. I do hold all my weight in my stomach though. Then those army/navy calculators say more like 28-30%, which is more believable, but sadly high. lol

95ab78d2-df21-4aa5-8f78-1852ba8b3aca_zpscbe67dc1.jpg

32017b51-2a5c-476a-99b3-b60454f22898_zpsf1d82066.jpg

Thanks for any input you can give me. I'd really like to switch from a bmi/weight goal to a BF% goal. :)

Hi!

Could you post pictures as noted in the OP:

"Generally speaking, at a bare minimum you should post a front relaxed and a front flexed photo. The more photos you post and in reasonable lighting, the more accurate we will be able to estimate"

"Ladies, please also provide a side-pic. The relaxed pics should be with your arms down and to the front/side so you are not stretching. Also, the pics need to show your legs, at least from the knees up. A back pic would also help. The pics need to be candid pics and not at flattering angles/body positions.

Additionally, please provide height and weight."
  • wbandel
    Options

[got rid of images to save space]

Hi!

Could you post pictures as noted in the OP:

"Generally speaking, at a bare minimum you should post a front relaxed and a front flexed photo. The more photos you post and in reasonable lighting, the more accurate we will be able to estimate"

"Ladies, please also provide a side-pic. The relaxed pics should be with your arms down and to the front/side so you are not stretching. Also, the pics need to show your legs, at least from the knees up. A back pic would also help. The pics need to be candid pics and not at flattering angles/body positions.

Additionally, please provide height and weight."

Sorry, and thanks for being patient. I convinced my husband to help me take more pictures. :/ They're kinda backlit/fuzzy, which was why I was hoping I wouldn't have to request his help. It's kinda hard to take pics by yourself though. Anyways, I didn't want to flood this thread with images, so I made an album on photobucket, which should be public.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/satsukib_612/library/BodyFatPercentage?sort=3&page=1

Please let me know if you need further details or if the link isn't working. Also as a side note, my left leg has vein damage from a prior DVT, so it's larger and lumpier than my normal leg. So my right leg is the one you should judge off of.

Thanks for your help. :)
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Can I bump this please?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Can I bump this please?

Yes you may :smile:

We should get back to you tomorrow with an estimate.
This discussion has been closed.