Where is everyone?? Ghost Town Group...

Options

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
    I started Push phase this week. The burn phase was amazing for me! After doing Jillian Micheals body revolution and narrowing my waist line, I want it to focus more on my legs. CLX is doing the job. I can see a difference in my legs. They are getting more lean. And my butt is looking good too :) thank you squat and lunges. And one of the amazing part, finally got under 147 lbs, after years! My weight went up and down but never got under 147. And now it is. I couldn't be happier. I just have to stay on track. I will perhaps at the end of the program get under 140. who knows :)

That is so great! Sooo many squats and lunges. Sore today from Push 2 One Legged Dead Lifts. Killer!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Great job Actiontime!!

I finally saw a drop in the scale two days ago. Has not moved in four weeks! I am just hoping it stays that way so I can log it on Monday! I decided to focus on getting back within my calories this week and then worry about my macros and work on getting more protein. I have been over my calories every week since starting this program but this week I have not been getting as hungry and I think I have it under control.

I went shopping for clothes on Sunday for next week's vacation. I purchased actual shorts. I can not tell you the last time I wore shorts, not capris or the shorts that go to the knee. It has been at least seven years. I used to HATE my legs. Now, although they are blindly pale :O) I think they are okay. I also am down to a size 7 from a size 12/13 in August! Not all thanks to Chalene since I did two rounds of BR prior to this but I am hoping she will help my get toned so tank tops could be next. It is too freakin hot in TX to not be comfortable in shorts and a tank top.

Push 3 today. I ran two days this week. For some reason I have this desire to get every work out in instead of substituting running for the cardios. I think I may finally drop Burn It Off this week. I really am not a fan of it. I rather do the Turbo Jam Fat Blaster with my kids instead and the calorie burn is the same. I am going to keep the Burn Intervals on Fridays because it is a great calorie burn.

Hope everyone finishes the week strong!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I went shopping for clothes on Sunday for next week's vacation. I purchased actual shorts. I can not tell you the last time I wore shorts, not capris or the shorts that go to the knee. It has been at least seven years. I used to HATE my legs. Now, although they are blindly pale :O) I think they are okay. I also am down to a size 7 from a size 12/13 in August! Not all thanks to Chalene since I did two rounds of BR prior to this but I am hoping she will help my get toned so tank tops could be next. It is too freakin hot in TX to not be comfortable in shorts and a tank top.

WOW! seriously that is some awesomeness! You are not joking about the hotness in Texas. It's been so nice I've been wearing shorts around the house, but soon I'll only want to be in shorts INSIDE the house (haha).

You have really changed yourself in moving down so many sizes.

Jergens has a gentle self tanning lotion that is nice for your legs; the only problem is that I find if I put it all over my torso I sweat like a beast.
  • actiontime26
    actiontime26 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Great job Actiontime!!

I finally saw a drop in the scale two days ago. Has not moved in four weeks! I am just hoping it stays that way so I can log it on Monday! I decided to focus on getting back within my calories this week and then worry about my macros and work on getting more protein. I have been over my calories every week since starting this program but this week I have not been getting as hungry and I think I have it under control.

Push 3 today. I ran two days this week. For some reason I have this desire to get every work out in instead of substituting running for the cardios. I think I may finally drop Burn It Off this week. I really am not a fan of it. I rather do the Turbo Jam Fat Blaster with my kids instead and the calorie burn is the same. I am going to keep the Burn Intervals on Fridays because it is a great calorie burn.

Congrats! a great victory when your weight start moving again and mostly so many dress size lost... Your eating plan is good... Don't forget, since you are lifting weight, you should eat more. Don't go with that 1200 cal/ day thing. You will plateau rapidly. :)
  • FitFoodieMomBillie
    FitFoodieMomBillie Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Checking in; I can't seem to decide on a SPECIFIC workout routine, so I am kinda doing whatever sounds good (or is least sore) come time to work out. It has been a couple days since I did CLX so maybe I'll get one in tomorrow! Today I did Turbo Fire Starter. It's a pretty good workout and Chalene steps you though each step, so I felt a lot less lost than doing the regular TF workouts. I also did a sculpt workout from Brazil Buttlift ... I normally lift 15s on my arms and 20s on my legs and that workout had me feeling like a weenie for thinking 5lbs felt heavy! I haven't decided if I am okay with that or not yet, but I guess it was good because I was all sweaty by the end, lol!

In response to some of the updates I read, make sure you are upping your protein for this program or any one that includes heavy lifting for that matter. I STRUGGLED big time with staying within calories the first time I went through this program... Now when I lift heavy I know I have to seriously increase my protein to stay within my calories. And choose something moderate. I think there is a way to calculate calories needed for the program in the guidebook. MFP's 1200 recommended is not going to cut it, lol!

I agree, LessthanKris - I'm not a big fan of the CLX cardio, but one of them is such an amazing burn that I will pop it in every once in a while. I tend to like to run on the weekends for my cardio and I have a couple of TurboFire workouts that are killer burns! I hope to be good enough at them one day that I don't hate them so much!

I have managed to drop 3 or 4 pant sizes, but I am really struggling to strengthen my core and whittle my waist; can anyone recommend a program they like for that?

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!
    Billie
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Getting my protein up is my biggest challenge. According to the guidebook I should be eating 1300 calories to lose weight. What I do now is on lifting days I eat 1350 and on cardio days I eat back back whatever my HRM monitor reads. I usually look at my overall week for calories not day to day so I am over and under day to day. I am finishing up my second week of push and until the last two days my weight has been about the same. I did lose two inches overall after Burn though.

The protein though, ugh. I really do not want to go to protein shakes. Aside from the costs, they just do not sound appealing. Not a fan of greek yogurt which seems to be everyone's go to. It is hard to go from losing all your weight through moderation to having to worry about macros. I have to work on giving up the sweets more and finding more ways to fit that much protein on lifting days. 1350 is not much more than 1200 really.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone is doing so awesome! WTG

lessthankris- nice job on the lose on lbs & inches! It sounds like you have been working hard on the calories too. I need to improve on tracking again, I got tired of putting in my food diary & boy does it make a difference.

I was doing push 2 yesterday morning & I seriously got sick & vomited. WTF. That is the 1st time in my life that had happened to me, wow. Anyone else have this occur?!tomorrow is my last push workout & I move into lean next week. Yeahhhhh. I am ready.

stay strong everyone, push hard & make it count!!!!!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Wow, everyone is doing so awesome! WTG

lessthankris- nice job on the lose on lbs & inches! It sounds like you have been working hard on the calories too. I need to improve on tracking again, I got tired of putting in my food diary & boy does it make a difference.

I was doing push 2 yesterday morning & I seriously got sick & vomited. WTF. That is the 1st time in my life that had happened to me, wow. Anyone else have this occur?!tomorrow is my last push workout & I move into lean next week. Yeahhhhh. I am ready.

stay strong everyone, push hard & make it count!!!!!

How are you feeling today? did you eat prior to your workout?
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    I have only gottten physically sick once during a BR cardio workout. I work out about an hour after lunch and sometimes I have an apple with peanut butter. I found that I would feel sick if I did a cardio workout after I ate that. I do not have the problem with strength workouts though. Were you breathing super heavy? I am not sure but I hope that is a one time thing for you!

Burn Intervals today. I am heading to Hawaii next week for so I am going to take a break after Push 2 and pick up my schedule when I get back. So my last two weeks are going to be over three weeks. I hear a lot of good and bad about Lean so I am interested to see how it is.
  • ruby70
    Options
    Pipsg1rl - I am feeling better today.... I did not eat before the workout, I had coffee but that was all. I work out about 15 minutes after I wake in the morning. I think I just pushed myself so hard I just lost it. I thought about maybe trying to drink a protein shake prior to work out that may help.

lessthankris - Hawaii???? I am so jealous, that will be incredible! Good for you.:drinker:
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Maybe the shake or a banana. I run once or twice a week in the morning and I always eat a banana first.
  • MrsKgettingfit
    MrsKgettingfit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Started lean phase this morning. Well i started last Monday but hurt my knee 20 mins in so had to take a week off. Glad to be back at it, have def put on a few lb's in the last week and half as had a few takes aways and a big day and night out with hubby and friends so got to get back on track this week.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Started lean phase this morning. Well i started last Monday but hurt my knee 20 mins in so had to take a week off. Glad to be back at it, have def put on a few lb's in the last week and half as had a few takes aways and a big day and night out with hubby and friends so got to get back on track this week.

ouch! glad you're healing.
    This is my 3rd week for Push (upcoming). I can't believe how fast it seems to go!
  • LDeegirl
    LDeegirl Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls,
    Looks like everyone is doing wonderful. So glad to have a place to check in with a group. I finished BC last week and am excited to start the Push Month with the heavier weights this week.
    I along with a few of you really need to work on my diet. I have been logging and will have a really great week then I overdue it on the weekends. So my goal this month have a better stricter eating plan. I too have not weighed in since I started. But I probably should since I am in my 2nd month. It is nice to see so many runners. I too love to be outside.
    I like Turbofire also and I too have a a very hard time Learning, It took me a good month before I felt coordinated to make it through the workouts. This may sound silly but because I am so uncoordinated I only do 2 different workouts Fire 30 for the Drills and Fire 45EZ. Oh and HIIT 15 which is pretty easy to learn. This has really helped me and now I love to do it with the amped up music. Billie in my opinion Turbofire does a Awesome Job whittling your waist. When I was doing it on a regular basis my husband commented on my waist and said whatever your doing it is working. I was doing TF about 4 days a week then. Now I am motivated to start adding TF again.
    What kind of results is everyone seeing? Results are really what keeps us motivated. Dee
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Hi Girls,
    Looks like everyone is doing wonderful. So glad to have a place to check in with a group. I finished BC last week and am excited to start the Push Month with the heavier weights this week.
    I along with a few of you really need to work on my diet. I have been logging and will have a really great week then I overdue it on the weekends. So my goal this month have a better stricter eating plan. I too have not weighed in since I started. But I probably should since I am in my 2nd month. It is nice to see so many runners. I too love to be outside.
    I like Turbofire also and I too have a a very hard time Learning, It took me a good month before I felt coordinated to make it through the workouts. This may sound silly but because I am so uncoordinated I only do 2 different workouts Fire 30 for the Drills and Fire 45EZ. Oh and HIIT 15 which is pretty easy to learn. This has really helped me and now I love to do it with the amped up music. Billie in my opinion Turbofire does a Awesome Job whittling your waist. When I was doing it on a regular basis my husband commented on my waist and said whatever your doing it is working. I was doing TF about 4 days a week then. Now I am motivated to start adding TF again.
    What kind of results is everyone seeing? Results are really what keeps us motivated. Dee

My birthday is over, mother's day is over, I told my husband I am not inviting anyone over this weekend and I want to just chill.

Hopefully this will get me back into the swing.

I also like the TF HIIT 15. By the time you realize how tired you are you're halfway done and what's 7 more minutes????

Is anyone looking to see what program they might do next?
  • LDeegirl
    LDeegirl Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    OK did I say I was excited to start the Push month?? Just Finished PC1 and I forgot how tough this workout is. I was shaking and I was cussing Chalene out. lol! I also did fire 30 and I was wooped by the end. :sad:

Pipsg1rl's that sounds like a plan. We need to get back into the swing of things. We can do this all together.

I will probably be doing another round of CLX after this round. I would love to hear what others have planned.
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Ugh...So I came into this week strong and focused on staying in my calorie limit. I weigh myself daily so I can note my trends. Midweek, I was down 1.8 lbs. Throw in Mother's Day dinner we decided to do on Thursday, then another dinner out, and then Chinese take out...my loss was 0.6. Still a loss but it could have been better. We had a birthday party today for my son, so yet another bad day. The only good thing beside no gain is I have gotten all my workouts in and have been on my feet almost all day most of the week prepping for the party and getting ready for vacation Wednesday. I am going to do Push 2 for my third week tomorrow and pick up with Push 3 Week 3 when I get back next Wednesday. I am going to finish Push before I leave again for California the following week. I am going to try not of over do it in Hawaii and California but I am already telling myself I am all in when I am home between those trips and for the Lean phase. I am working on figuring out some meal options to get my protein up and stay within my calories.

I am debating between doing another round of Body Revolution or another round of ChaLEAN after Lean for Life. I feel like I did not give this program enough of my "all" to even judge it at this point so another round is definitely in my future but I am thinking maybe BR would help me lose some weight while I work on the diet I need for success in ChaLEAN. I will probably wait in how successful I am at getting my macros in check in Lean and Lean for Life.
  • ruby70
    Options
    Oh my, I started lean today, in thought I was not going to make it through it! I feel sore even tonight....she seems to move really fast on this one & I miss Skip:cry: .Mondays can ge a hard start anyway so maybe it will get easier.
    I wish I was doing better on my eating choices too. Today went good but the last month I have had way to many cheats.

Dee - awesome on starting push, if it helps I did not like push 1 as much as push 2 & 3... something about 1 I struggled with. You will be amazed at how strong you get.. I actually have a strong bicep now.

Lessthankris - do the best u can when you are on vacation but enjoy! I mean how often do u get to Hawaii? Do what feels right for u but remember this is for the long haul & you have to have a balance to stay with it for the rest of your life.:drinker:

pips- I am not sure what I will do next but want to stay on a lifting program, does anyone know of any other good ones? I may even repeat this 90 day cycle.....they did not build Rome overnight & I have a long way to go. If I do repeat I don't think I will use the same cardio workout, I need a change on thosr for sure.
  • LessthanKris
    Options
    Lessthankris - do the best u can when you are on vacation but enjoy! I mean how often do u get to Hawaii? Do what feels right for u but remember this is for the long haul & you have to have a balance to stay with it for the rest of your life.:drinker:

pips- I am not sure what I will do next but want to stay on a lifting program, does anyone know of any other good ones? I may even repeat this 90 day cycle.....they did not build Rome overnight & I have a long way to go. If I do repeat I don't think I will use the same cardio workout, I need a change on thosr for sure.

Yea I know I want to enjoy it, I just do not want to go overboard which I have a tendency to do. I am not going to not have something I want, I just do not need to eat so much of it.

A lot of people on the ChaLEAN facebook page are doing Body Beast now. I think it needs more equipment and it seems intense but you may want to check it out. It is another Beach Body program.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I still have 5 Push workouts and then Lean, but I was thinking that I like doing the workouts in the gym so much that maybe I could take a chance on doing P90X the same way.

I have been tracking my weights and it clearly lists the exercises and in what order, so I don't think it would be a problem--

the only thing I remember NOT liking about P90X was that the workouts were longer time wise. I'm not sure if cutting out all of the Tony Horton Chit Chat would allow me to move from one item to the next.

The first time I did CHX I followed with Brazil Butt Lift (BBL). BBL doesn't use heavy weights, but he does a zillion reps with light weights. You think "OMG?! He doesn't want us to use more than 10 lbs..." but I promise you it's like when you do Burn It Off or the other one where Chalene makes you do like a zillion light weight reps and you want to cry.
    I did think it worked well and did notice some butt lifting-ness. The exercises make you not able to walk for like... ever. It's a 60 day program.

Oooo.. just saw you can get the program download sheets for Body Beast too. I've been wanting to do that forevvverrrr!