Today I'm proud of myself for....

Options

Replies

• dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This morning I went to a brunch. This evening I went to a dinner party. I did not overeat at either of them. (I usually overeat at social occasions. )

This afternoon I wanted to eat, but I had just eaten. I thought about it and realized I was tired, not hungry. So I took a short nap and felt better. Before when I was tired, I would often eat a bunch of sugary treats.

It is very helpful and inspiring to read your posts.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for not being TOO embarrassed about having my pic taken recently. Profile pic is me at my heaviest, and yesterday - a bit of loss is noticeable, and I feel much better, as well. Good luck to all!
  • cornucopiaoflove
    cornucopiaoflove Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud that I had the opportunity to binge, but was able to talk back to ED and get through it. I feel like my recovery is really sticking, and I'm the one who is in control :)
  • leiloni78
    leiloni78 Posts: 3
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for NOT eating a yogurt I didn't really want, and instead, opting for one handful of trail mix. Along with bingeing comes this unnecessary impulse to finish everything in front of me, whether I like it or not. For this, I am proud :happy:
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are so inspiring! I just love popping in here and seeing all these amazing wins from each of you. Ya'll ROCK!

Today I'm proud of myself for sticking to my plan of biking to work. I was sooo close to talking myself out of it, but I'm so glad I didn't. Biking to/from work for the whole week!
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are so inspiring! I just love popping in here and seeing all these amazing wins from each of you. Ya'll ROCK!

Today I'm proud of myself for sticking to my plan of biking to work. I was sooo close to talking myself out of it, but I'm so glad I didn't. Biking to/from work for the whole week!

That's a great goal! Pretty beneficial for your health, and probably a great way to enjoy alone-time.

I'm proud that yesterday, I ate a moderate amount of fast food and tracked it beforehand. This would be one of the instances where I'd rationalize and say that if I was already eating something "bad", that I might as well go full in because who knows when I'd allow myself that splurge next time (then of course I'd do it again the next day). What would have originally been a normal portion size so often becomes a bag full of burgers and fries, with a stop at the doughnut shop for multiple desserts, because why the heck not. Instead, I was able to enjoy a normal meal and stay within my calorie goal!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

I am proud of myself for making myself weigh at WW and was pleasantly surprised I lost 0.6 pounds.

I am going to try to pop in here most days and post one thing I did in the day that I am proud of.

Keep rocking and thanks again for an awesome thread!:flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    for not binging after having car issues and had car towed, etc. and the drama is not over with my car either but I am determined not to emotional eat or binge.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for

resisting the urge to go to a fast food restaurant
    walked around the block after eating a large meal and saved half of the meal for later
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    For crawling out of bed (at 6 pm today) and a pool of self pity and went out and ran 11 miles. Running is my way I purge. But I feel so much better during and after a run.
  • ibleedunionblue
    Options
    So pleased that I did not get up and eat last night. I got up twice to use restroom, but walked right by the kitchen both times without stopping to graze.
  • ibleedunionblue
    Options
    Accountability Post: Today is a new day. I will start this day by committing to being healthier. I will hit my appointed percentages of both protein and healthy fats. And I will eat something besides oatmeal and raw vegetables. And the reason I post this is because I did some analysis of my macros and seen in 22 / 23 of the last 30 days, I was well under on both protein and fats respectively.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for filling my weekend with fun activities that balanced out the celebratory foods and drinks. I'm also proud that I logged everything, and only had one over-calorie day! I still need to work on logging everything the day of, but I'm proud that I still logged accurately, even a day later :)
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Molly, so sorry for the car troubles. I hope your week is looking up!

Ibleed, that's a great goal! I find that I feel more satiated with adequate protein and fats in my diet :)
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for...joining this group and posting! My problem with binging is something that literally not a single person in my life knows about. This is the first time I've admitted it "out loud" to anyone. Even to myself, I've always denied the severity of it. But I'm realizing that I can't reach my weight loss goals if I don't accept this is an issue, and work to fix it. So here I am!
  • kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for...joining this group and posting! My problem with binging is something that literally not a single person in my life knows about. This is the first time I've admitted it "out loud" to anyone. Even to myself, I've always denied the severity of it. But I'm realizing that I can't reach my weight loss goals if I don't accept this is an issue, and work to fix it. So here I am!
    Welcome! I had a similar realization not too long ago and it's definitely helped, even though I still have a long way to go.

Today, I'm proud of myself for saying no to buying a chocolate bar at work when my colleagues did because I recognized that I wasn't hungry.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for filling my weekend with fun activities that balanced out the celebratory foods and drinks. I'm also proud that I logged everything, and only had one over-calorie day! I still need to work on logging everything the day of, but I'm proud that I still logged accurately, even a day later :)
    This is awesome! I struggle with this one too. Especially when I binge. Good job!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Denial is a problem for sure! Good job on recognizing the need to admit problem and commit to working on the issue.
  • TIUClare
    TIUClare Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am proud that yesterday I managed a day without bingeing - this is quite an achievement for me! I am proud that today I feel strong and love myself enough to remember that I am in control.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Welcome Moxie. glad to have you! I totally understand where you're coming from. Acknowledging that there is a problem is a huge step. Congrats and keep your head up :)

That's great Clare! What a victory to love yourself <3

Today I'm proud of myself for living life. I may not be busting down goals one day after another, but I'm enjoying my life with my husband, staying active, and generally feeling great about where I am right now.