Check-ins

Options

Replies

• ioanaevans
    Options
    Im so glad i found this group and so encouraging reading other peoples post and knowing im not alone. Day one for me for last night not eating after 9am. :happy:
  • slspry1
    slspry1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    wow night 2 completed drank lots of water and spent half the night running to the loo talk about extra exercise lol
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    day 2 complete!!!

I completely agree that there is a difference between snacking and having a snack because you are hungry. Last night I was up late and thought I'm hungry and had calories left for the day so maybe I should have a little something. I decided to drink a large glass of water and see how I felt. 15 min later I decided I was not hungry and just finding an excuse to eat something. By waiting I felt that I was making a decision not just reacting if that makes sense.
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Done! Last night (June 17) was a little tough and I started reading posts from our group to give me motivation! It got me through and I had a very successful night! Thanks everyone for sharing! This morning I'm feeling strong! Even went out for a 4 mile run at 5:30 am. Keep working towards your goals everyone!
  • Sarah_SweetPea
    Options
    Hello. This is my very first day, just joined 5 minutes ago. I've ALWAYS had a problem eating at night, even when I lost weight before. I'd do great on my calories during the day, then in the evening I'd usually binge I've been eating while I sleep for the last year or so. I wake up every couple hours during the night. I usually eat (candy) at the moments where I'm barely awake, then go right back to sleep. I'd love to give this a try and break my habit.
  • Gilly349
    Gilly349 Posts: 28
    Options
    Just checking in. Another good day sticking to the plan yay. I can do this!
  • MarkTheBark
    MarkTheBark Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    About a week and a half ago I made a decision to start walking more. I have a goal for myself to walk a minimum of 2 miles every day. Whether it is at the gym, around the neighborhood or at one of the local trails. I have already seen the results of it in shedding several pounds. Thankfully I have been also working with a trainer for the past month and a half doing weight training.
  • MMR007
    MMR007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OK... checking in and going to start over today. Day one. No Snacking. or Sipping! after dinner. Good luck, all.
  • Abobo08
    Abobo08 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU MMR007 FOR CLIMBING BACK ON THE WAGON!!! PLEASE DON'T STOP CHECKING IN IF YOU FALL OFF!

Good evening, everyone! How's it going? Rather quiet day today...hope everyone had a good habit-breaking night last night?

Here is it (please let me know if I've made any errors!)

5 days: Bo
    4 days: monique3677
    3 days: jhloves2kni
    3 days: spogna
    3 days: rlstepp29
    2 days: equallyyoked
    2 days: sispry1
    2 days: jafray4
    1 day: hungry_annie
    1 day: gxmiller31
    1 day: dankas001
    1 day: belle_reve9
    1 day: kitten349
    1 day: loanaevans
    new: miniapplecoco
    new: markthebark
    new: IvorEdward
    new: Sarah_SweetPe
    ?: bblumenberg
    ?: jrsygirl109
    ?: mshea62
    ?: princessaclar
    ?: HeidicooksSup
    ?: tashatp22
    ?: queenkori t
    ?: hanan20142015
    ?: kornishpiskie
    ?: smoocow

I have a new mantra: EAT ONLY WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY, CHECK-IN OFTEN, BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELVES!
  • Abobo08
    Options
    ****POST FOR NEWBIES*****

I know we're almost onto the 4th page here so to save you reading and scrolling time, here is how this thread basically works:

Goal: Establish what bad habit you are trying to break and stick to it for 3-weeks/21 days (the amount of time studies have shown it takes to break a bad habit)

Check-in/Accountability: Check in everyday onto the "Check-in" thread and report whether you were successful THE NIGHT BEFORE and what consecutive night# you have been successful. We're all trying to hit #21!

While we're shooting for 21 consecutive days, this forum can of course, take much longer as things will happen (stresses and whatnot) and we have to start over whenever we give in to our habit. Most of us here are eating an enormous amount after dinner when clearly, we are not hungry but are bored-eating, emotionally-eating, and most definitely, habitually-eating.

This will be a challenge. I cannot believe this is 6th consecutive night for me, but I would not have been able to do this if it weren't for the frequent check-ins and motivation I get from others. Eat only when you're hungry, Check-in often, Be gentle with yourselves!
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Tonight is tough. This is probably the longest I've gone without overeating after dinner. Hope I make it. I'll let you know tomorrow.
  • Abobo08
    Options
    Judy! You can do it, you can do it!!!! Nobody said this was easy. This is so tough. Habits work on auto-pilot that's why we have to actively fight the urge to eat when we're not hungry.

EAT ONLY WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY, CHECK-IN OFTEN, BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELVES!
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I know my morning is full of meetings so I'm checking in tonight. But I am crawling into bed and have to be up in 5hours, so I know I'm safe lol. Day 3 - done. Today wasn't to bad but I kept busy. Didn't have time to sit on the couch. That is my weak time. Even finished the day with 200 cal to spare, definitely not my norm. Hope everyone had a good night.
  • slspry1
    slspry1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    night 3 done and feeling great even after fainting yesterday
  • gxmiller31
    gxmiller31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good morning! By my count I have completed 3 nights of not snacking, and it's starting to feel easier to do. This group is definitely helping me. Thank you all.
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Made it through 4 nights so far. Last night (6-18-14) was the easiest since starting this challenge. I think it was because I was so busy and I crashed a little earlier than usual. Slept pretty good too! Great Job Everyone!!!
  • Abobo08
    Options
    Good morning!! Good morning!! I am so ecstatic to see our numbers and to see how it is getting easier for some of you. It hasn't been easy for me yet (I still log on here for motivation) but I am now so aware of how often I eat (or rather want to eat) when I am not hungry in the evenings.

Anyway, here is the count, will update tonight. Have a wonderful, strong day!

6 days: Bo
    5 days: monique3677
    4 days: rlstepp29
    3 days: jhloves2kni
    3 days: spogna
    3 days: gxmiller31
    3 days: sispry1
    3 days: jafray4
    2 days: equallyyoked
    1 day: hungry_annie
    1 day: dankas001
    1 day: belle_reve9
    1 day: kitten349
    1 day: loanaevans
    ?: miniapplecoco
    ?: markthebark
    ?: IvorEdward
    ?: Sarah_SweetPe
    ?: bblumenberg
    ?: jrsygirl109
    ?: mshea62
    ?: princessaclar
    ?: HeidicooksSup
    ?: tashatp22
    ?: queenkori t
    ?: hanan20142015
    ?: kornishpiskie
    ?: smooch

"EAT ONLY WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY, CHECK-IN OFTEN, BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELVES!"
  • Gilly349
    Gilly349 Posts: 28
    Options
    Tougher day today in as much as I worked 13 hours - often giving me the excuse to just eat rubbish but I've stayed in my limits. Tired but proud of myself.
  • equallyyoked
    equallyyoked Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    fail last night..ate doritos:(

under count today and did a little extra working out...yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  • MarkTheBark
    MarkTheBark Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thankfully tonight I haven't had anything, except what I considered dinner. And I don't feel hungry or have any cravings.