June workout check in: June-o you want to deadlift

Options

Replies

• willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    and now... for the celebration of the day...

DL: warm up, 1x5 @ 75 kg / 165 lbs - YES, I deadliftet my own bodyweight!

Great lift!!! Und ich hab gesehen dass du von Deutschland bist! :smile:. Ich wohnte in Königswinter (NRW) für 2 Jahre. Ich bin soooooo froh dass DE hat gestern gegen den USA gewonnen :bigsmile:
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Work out b today
    Squats 145lbs 3x5 felt OK.
    OHP 54 lbs 5/5/4 just couldn't get the last one deload next time
    Deadlift 160 lbs (deload from 180) 1x5

Accessories
    SLDL 3x10 110 lbs
    Glute bridges 3x8 110 lbs

I seem to have hit a point where everything is being deloaded, or has recently be deloaded. It's kind of bumming me out. I don't have a problem generally with deloading, but nothing seems to be progressing. Blargy blarg blarg. Maybe I'm just being hungry and emotional, that's probably it.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Decided to log the entire week's lifts today.

Monday: workout B
    Squats: warm up, 3x5@100
    OHP: warm up, 3x5@50
    DL: warm up, 1x5@100

Wednesday: A
    Squats: warm up, 5x5@100
    BP: warm up, 3x5@55, 1x3@60
    BR: warm up, 3x5@60

Friday: B
    Squats: warm up, 5x5@105
    OHP: warm up, 3x5@50 (I really need to get fractional plates)
    DL: warm up, 1x5@100

Have a great weekend! :drinker:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It's Friday Yes and a long weekend for me as I took Monday off since Tuesday is a holiday...Yah...

@dldoddy nice on the OHP
    @krok yah...wow
    @katro Yah I've considered taking a break...since my break in Feb I have missed 2 workouts I think...might take Monday off.
    @Juli Congrats on the BW DL
    @willrun...I hear you...see below but yah on the bench
    @coady not sure I can help I have 35lbers and 25lbs and they are the same size and I have always lifted from the floor.
    @llama don't feel bad about deloading you are on a cut...almost expected. Part of the process

Workout A for me today

Squats warmup for goes like this 1x5@bar (standard), 1x4@ 65, 1x3@85, 1x2@105, 1x1@115 working weight today was 150 3x5

Bench similar warmup to squats less weight, working weight @ 130 today as no spotter...no issue the first 2 sets but the last set I could not get the bar up over the brackets...I am like WTH...:grumble: tried as I might couldn't do it...son came in helped with it 1x4...:sad: I know i can do these and was tired out...then I find out the brackets aren't all the way down....needless to say not impressed...anyway

Rows moved up to 123.5 3x5 but will stay as these were iffy on form for the last reps on set 2 and 3...

Did 2min plank after that...wowsers almost keeled at 1:45...

Tried a pistol squat the other day...yah no :laugh: quads definately felt it I got down to just above parallel so something to work on.

Told my husband I wanted some crossfit bands/strappy things...saw someone doing mountain climers using them and using them to help with the pistol squats so why not, and definately time for a foam roller...found them not to far away so time for a trip to the "city" about an hour away...will see if I can find the bands then too.

Have a good weekend all.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Tried a pistol squat the other day...yah no :laugh: quads definately felt it I got down to just above parallel so something to work on.

@Stef, come on girl, hop on board the pistol squat train! ;)

This workout is from yesterday but I was way too damn lazy to post. lol

Squats: 140 5x5 :D I am 8 pounds from BW squats which is my June goal
    Bench: Heartbreaker... 5/5/5/5/FOUR, effing FOUR lol @95 I was hoping to hit 100 before missing a rep, but whatev. Had to do the roll of shame and a dude hustled over (the one that was watching me squat and OHP last week). I was like "I GOT IT!" lol, he said for me to call him if I ever needed him. :p
    Row: 90 5x5, the deload did me well I'm thinking, but 95 is still gonna be interesting

Swim lessons are really taking quite a bit out of me, wish I was losing weight...but obviously I'm eating at maintenance or even slightly over. Ugh. If I eat less though, I'm starving and struggle through my day, so better to not lose. Also, feels like I've put on a bit of muscle. Going to start on a cut in late August to prepare for my little sister's wedding in October. :)
  • muroo
    muroo Posts: 68
    Options
    Haven't checked in in a while. Also my internet is being super slow so it'll be hard to go back and respond to specific people. You're all doing great though! :-) Congrats on the OHP victories. And TOM is coming up so we'll see how that goooooes.

Been going in and out of town and my schedule is off. I think I'll be taking 2 days off in between for a while. Not the worst thing! So rested? Today I'm drained because I tried swimming. I sort of made it down a length of the pool (in this case it's maybe 20yds?) doing my version of freestyle! Wasn't pretty but it took a few visits to the pool to figure it out. Previously could only manage to float on my back and kick. No arms...

Workout B today (again with the mystery bar! really they're all mystery bars. who knows what I'm lifting.):
    Sq 105lb 5x5
    OHP 60lb 5x5 (fitocracy gave me an achievement for this one! hehe)
    DL 115lb 1x5

dip station leg raises, assisted pull-ups and dips

I'm getting to the point where I really wish I had someone to check my form or take a video...I can focus on it all I want during the warmup sets but once you get with your working weight don't you just kind of do whatever you can to get it off of you? :-) by the time I'm done I'm just confused and not sure where my weight was in my feet or what my back was doing...
  • muroo
    muroo Posts: 68
    Options

Swim lessons are really taking quite a bit out of me, wish I was losing weight...but obviously I'm eating at maintenance or even slightly over. Ugh. If I eat less though, I'm starving and struggle through my day, so better to not lose. Also, feels like I've put on a bit of muscle. Going to start on a cut in late August to prepare for my little sister's wedding in October. :)

Haha my big sister's wedding is in less than a month...I probably should've been trying to lose weight all this time instead of doing whatever and adding stronglifts, but I was way more motivated to start this as an exercise plan than...other ones. Though I have my apartment space back since the repairs are done and maybe I'll put the pole back up...
  • suremeansyes
    Options

Haha my big sister's wedding is in less than a month...I probably should've been trying to lose weight all this time instead of doing whatever and adding stronglifts, but I was way more motivated to start this as an exercise plan than...other ones. Though I have my apartment space back since the repairs are done and maybe I'll put the pole back up...

Pole. What? Now you REALLY need someone to take video. lol :p

Man, I'm in a mood tonight.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Pole. What? Now you REALLY need someone to take video. lol :p

Man, I'm in a mood tonight.

I would love to have pole dancing lessons..show off for the Hubby.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    The lack of sleep is really catching up to me. Today's session was nothing short of a grinder

Clean + Hang power cleans x2 EMOTM for 6 mins ­@ 80lbs

Push Jerk
    2 sets 90x3
    2 sets 92.5x3
    superset with BB Good Morning
    75x8
    85x3x8

Then for time, the dreaded cardio from hell is back. So glad I'm never doing this one again -_-'
    3000m row
    60 burpees (6/6/6/5/5/5/5/4/5/4/4/5)

I was chipping away at the burpees faster/more effectively than last time, but the rows did take me more time. Beat my 23:30 time with 22:56

And then I decided I wanted to do some accessory work that was not on the program even though all I wanted was to go home and take a nap. I'm a bit weird like this? 3 sets of cable crossovers and 3 sets + a drop set of wide grip lat pulldowns. And I'll vacuum later (lower back workout, yay!) and do some yoga if I can make it. Hard to say. I really need to just pass out for an hour. Never thought I'd say this, but I'm looking forward to the deload week!

Also what?! Pole dancing? Wut? O_o
  • suremeansyes
    Options
    Okay, wait, now that we've mentioned pole dancing...anyone know a good place to learn lap dancing? Like a site that has good instructional videos? I tried the youtube route and that was meh.

I heard it was good for getting in shape...or something like that...
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Okay, wait, now that we've mentioned pole dancing...anyone know a good place to learn lap dancing? Like a site that has good instructional videos? I tried the youtube route and that was meh.

I heard it was good for getting in shape...or something like that...

Darn, I already spilled half my greens drink earlier because I'm such a klutz, and I was about to take a sip of it just now as I read this and I did a spit take. You're dangerously funny!

I'd say practice makes perfect, in this case, no? I mean, how hard can it be? Pick a lap, dance on it, reap the benefits! Or something... I'm pretty sure the "afterburn" is more beneficial than the activity on that one.

Or you could watch the movie Magic Mike, lol. I learned a few moves with that one >_> (and yes, everyone I know was like "why do you wanna see that movie?!" when I mentioned it. Wish I'd thought to use that as an excuse back then, would've saved me some awkward moments. lol)
  • suremeansyes
    Options
    I'd say practice makes perfect, in this case, no? I mean, how hard can it be? Pick a lap, dance on it, reap the benefits! Or something... I'm pretty sure the "afterburn" is more beneficial than the activity on that one.

Okay, I'll practice and you guys can check my form!

Lmao, sorry guys, I'm out of control. I don't know what's gotten into me this week.
  • suremeansyes
    Options
    Crossfit class today with my trainer Samson. There were two sections of the workout.

5 rounds of:
    500m row
    10 DL (I did 95lbs)
    10 hand release pushups
    10 DB situps
    10 box jumps

then
    10 rounds of:
    10 KB swings (26lbs)
    10 DB thrusters (15lbs)
    10 burpees
    10 toes to bar

I made it through all the first round and 4 rounds of the second in about 45 mins. Pretty nice. :) I also have been trying to lay off of using my inhaler during workouts, so I didn't use it today. No struggles until I got to about the 40th minute and I had to stop and control my breathing a bit, but nothing too terrible. :) I'm excited, because before I couldn't get through 20ish minutes of cardio without needing to use it. It's worse when my allergies are acting up though.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Hooray for less inhaling....never said Bill Clinton.

Re: Lap dances. My official recommendations are as follows:

1. Youtube better. There must be SOMETHING out there.
    2. Go to a strip club and ask for tips while giving them tips.
    3. Video yourself and post for form correction.
    4. A lot of pole fitness studios (okay the one site I looked at) have chair dance sessions too.

I did deload week this week and worked OT with 30 minute lunches so not much time to MFP. I also had a super strict cut the past 2 weeks to get ready for my meet at the end of July. I think I lost an extra 2 lbs so pretty excited. Think because water is ridiculous.

Deload week:
    Squat: 45x10, 95x5, 115x5, 150x5, 175x5

Bench: 45x5, 55x5. 70x5, 85x5,

Deadlift: 45x5, 135x5, 165x5, 205x5

OHP: 45x5, 55x5, 65x5

Going to the gym later today and probably doing squat and bench as I'll be working more OT this week. Yay!
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Long run today 7k in 52:31. Then off to my mom's brunch. Yummy. Looking forward to tomorrow's SL with an oly bar.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Yes, so today is my start of July (for the purposes of all gazillion and one of my graphs and spreadsheets that I keep for tracking my entire freaking life lol). My June experiment of trying higher reps at lower weights to see if that will help with fat loss has been a bust. Not the the Omron hand-held monitors are all that accurate, but at least when I use it, it consistently shows my body fat going down. Not for June, though - showed an INCREASE - which I've never had happen before when I am doing a combo of exercising and eating at a cut. Even with my vacation at the beginning of the month, I've got an overall 1lb loss for the month, so that's not too bad, but nowhere near what I wanted!

It's time to get back to plain ol' 5x5! I'll do another 12-week stint then see about switching to 5/3/1 depending on what my stats are.

Today's back-at-it Workout A:
    Squats - 5x5 - 140lbs
    Bench - 5x5 - 80lbs
    Rows - 5x5 - 75lbs

Husband and I also went to the lumber yard (well, I wish it was a lumber yard, instead it was over-priced craptacular Home Depot) and picked up all the supplies needed for my homemade power rack! Since this coming weekend will be a long one, 4th of July holiday, he said he'd start building on Friday! So excited to be able to workout in my underwear in the confines of my own home! :laugh:
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    We went camping Friday so I missed a Stronglifts session. I did it Wednesday after taking a couple weeks off and I was so sore for a couple extra days. Thursday I took my kids to this new trampoline place in town and that was a workout. I had to show them how to cross a rope/wooden bar ladder over a foam pit which was all upper body workout pulling myself across that. I have so many bruises on my legs! Camping I did some hiking (and falling over logs) which resulted in some more cuts and bruises on legs, lol I'm such a klutz. We got back from camping last night so I made it in this morning to do Stronglifts workout B.

Squats = warmup + 5x5@100 lbs. (PR)
    OHP = warmup + 5x5@50#
    Deadlifts = warmup + 1x5@95#

My right leg was caving a bit while doing squats so I will probably sit at 100 until I can perfect my form. I had to do 95 a couple of times before that stopped happening.
  • ketoandbarbell
    ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have gotten my form down on squats now. I need to do some goblet squats first to get my range of motion going but I have been getting below parallel now. :happy: I was starting to hate them since I felt like I couldn't get them right and now I am in love!

Squat - 5X5 at 80
    OHP - 5X5 at 51 (second time there since I missed one last time) Had to work to get that last one, almost gave up but I got them.
    Dead lift - 135, cant seem to make it past that but maybe since my squats weren't where they were suppose to be. IDK.
    Some accessory lifts and I did a 13 min HIIT routine on my treadmill before hubby got mad that it was taking to long. However, He has been out in the garage for over 3 hours tonight and I cant take an hour and a half for me. :grumble: :explode:

What do you set your macros at? Do you switch carbs and fat on your workout days? Less calories for rest days? I still have about 10-15 lbs to lose and scale hasn't moved in a month. Only one measurement has changed by 2 inches, at my navel.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Hooray for below parallel! That's always a happy time. Boo for sticking weight. I always tell myself if I can do it for 5 (or 4 or 3 or 2) then I can do at least 1 at the higher weight.

Todays workout was crazy. I'm working OT this week and won't have much time to hit the gym so I did both squat and bench. I'm switching to 531 for powerlifting which is basically switching the weeks around a bit and adding in a heavy single to get used to the feel of heavy weights.

Squats
    45x8, 95x5, 135x5, 185x5, 215x3, 245x3, 275x4, 310x1 This was a bit high. :sad: I had someone tape it. It looked really good though except for being a bit short of depth. In some federations it even might have passed. =P

Paused squats 215 3x3

Front squats 135 3x8

Bench
    45x5, 65 2x5, 85 2x5, 100 2x3, 115 2x3, 127.5x3 The heavy single would have been 122.5 so I skipped it :laugh:

Paused bench 100 3x3

Supersetx3 30# db
    DB benchx10
    DB row x10

Supersetx2 35#ez curl
    Curlx10
    Skull crusherx10

Supersetx3
    Ab Wheelx10
    Back extension x10

Then I went to a pool party and swam my tail off.