JMBR - workouts

Options

Replies

• dwhitney207
    dwhitney207 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Feeling better with WO 7 the second time around. I've lost 1/2 inch in each arm since starting which is a pretty big difference in that area, I think. I feel better, but not seeing huge changes in numbers anywhere else (yet?). But I'll take arm shrinkage any day!

How is everyone else doing?
  • MarjorieDawes57
    MarjorieDawes57 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Workout 3 done! I'm not sure how much of a workout I actually got, as I spent most of the time desperately trying not to fall over! My balance is awful! I cannot do the plank to lunge thing, or the tree move at all! Well done everyone on your workouts, you are all doing amazingly well! Have a great day!
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    did my last WO 7 in the hotel gym. Fortunately it was only me and my family there...I'm a bit embarrassed about doing the BR in front of others. I had to use 10lbs for my heavy weights because they didn't have 8 lbs. It is hot and humid here so I was dripping by the time I was done. I have a touch of Montezuma's revenge so that made it a bit tougher. Off to rest at the pool.

Stick with it everyone
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    Way to go, Jodi, for working out at the hotel gym!

Today was my second week with WO7 and it was a little easier this time (after the first circuit, of course). I was surprised at how much lower my calorie burn was with this workout compared to past ones that I've noticed a real difference in arm strength so it's all good.

I'll finish this week, then just do the cardio DVDs while on vacation at the beach for a week. WO 9 should be nice and awful when I return from vacation!
  • eilar
    eilar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Today I have to be in early at work so I got up at 5:30 to work out beforehand and... it's too early! Do people normally wake up this early!? It's inhuman.

Also I think I didn't eat enough food yesterday because I feel kind of nauseated now. Blerg. Time to shower...
  • chillau
    chillau Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting phase 2 with WO 5 yesterday and I finished WO 6 today. I'm finally starting to feel more challenged in these workouts which is awesome! Phase 1 was great, but I am finally dripping in sweat, starting to lose balance and want to curse at the TV now. For me, that's when I start to see the most results with Jillian's workouts. LOVING It!

Cardio 2 tomorrow - looking forward to it!
  • eilar
    Options
    I HATE cardio days! I don't know why, I think the jumps and stuff really hurt my feet. I'm trying to get better shoes so it's not so painful all the time. It feels like I'm not getting tired so much as my feet feel like they're tearing apart.

New sneakers today, so we will see how cardio works out with them!
  • pisces3
    pisces3 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm just starting phase 2 with WO 5 yesterday and I finished WO 6 today. I'm finally starting to feel more challenged in these workouts which is awesome! Phase 1 was great, but I am finally dripping in sweat, starting to lose balance and want to curse at the TV now. For me, that's when I start to see the most results with Jillian's workouts. LOVING It!

Cardio 2 tomorrow - looking forward to it!

I'm a day off, so just finished WO 5 last night and I agree about the dripping in sweat and losing balance. I feel like I lost a couple pounds with that workout alone. Haha!

They're definitely challenging, but I'm really enjoying it.
  • chillau
    chillau Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WO 6 kicked my butt yesterday - not just during the actual workout, but in my energy for the rest of the day. I seriously could have taken a nap late yesterday evening! It definitely got my metabolism firing, though, since I was hungry almost all day. No amount of water was enough to trick my stomach between meals. ha!

Cardio 2 is everything I thought it would be. I was soaked in sweat! I wasn't sad to see that suicides are not in this cardio set. But, burpees. Yuck. Burpees have always been on my "I HATE THESE" list... until, I returned to those pesky rockstar jumps in WO 6. Those are absolutely killer on my knees. Extreme sharp pain under both knee caps. I think I made it through 5 before I just did high knees instead. So, during all 3 rounds of burpees today, I kept saying "at least they're not rockstar jumps!" It helped me push through today.
  • singallagher
    singallagher Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Cardio 3 is a killer. Have done it a few times but I still have to pause it to catch my breath and take some water.
    It contains, without a doubt, all my least favourite exercises from 30DS and JMBR so far
    My kids are on their summer hols from school now so I have an audience too
    Just in case you're interested here is the list

Windmills
    A kick exercise
    Fast Feet
    A kick exercise
    Double Unders (jump rope)
    Rock star jumps
    High Front Kicks (like an Irish jig)
    Plank Jumps
    Several plyometric exercises
    Squat Jacks (as seen in P90X Plyometrics, by the way)
    High Knees, down to a plank and back up
    Another plyometric exercise
    Plank moguls
    Standing Mountain Climbers
    High Knees with Rotation
    Cannonballs (similar to Rock Star Jumps)
    An exercise in a lunge pose
    Crab Kicks
    Two Thruster exercises (In a row? Really?)
    Zig Zag Jumps
    Side Plank Burpees
    Single Leg Cross Hops
    Plank Punches

Are you scared yet :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    Sin, you are too funny.

I HATE rock star jumps.

And I don't even want to know what plank moguls or side plank burpees look like.

I'm afraid, very afraid.
  • jodios528
    Options
    Phase 2 DONE!!!!!
    Sin you have me very very scared about starting Phase 3. I actually don't always do her cardio in favor of my favorites like kickboxing and dance class. Today I kayaked on the ocean, hit to gym for an hour of biking and elliptical and also did a lot of walking.
    I have a day of rest tomorrow but will probably do cardio and yoga so I can eat yummy Mexican food
    then Friday I'll do WO 9 in the hotel gym - hopefully I won't have too much of an audience because I think it's going to whip my butt:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hang in there everyone!
  • pisces3
    pisces3 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm not even reading that cardio 3 breakdown until I've done cardio 2, which is tonight.

I have to say, it is awesome how these workouts rev up every couple of weeks, because by the time the 2 weeks are up, I can actually do it all pretty well. It may not always be the case, but so far so good.

And I cannot believe people said these workouts aren't challenging in some of the reviews I read. What?
  • jodios528
    Options
    Just started Phase 3 today. I meant to begin at the end of last week while on vacation, but a family literally took over the weight area and were not very accommodating to others...so I had to do cardio.

I have to say I really didn't feel like WO 9 was as tough as I was expecting. It had a lot of yoga moves I regularly do so It wasn't too bad. Although the rock 'n roll squats and plank raises required me to modify. We'll see how I feel after WO 10 tomorrow. Sin has be petrified about cardio 3 - it sounds awful.

Hang in there everyone!
  • Lynn1315
    Lynn1315 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I haven't updated in a while.... Just did Phase 1 Week 3, day 2 today. my abs still hurt from yesterday. I got on the scale.. weight it up.. but I know I'm stronger! I know that I'm building muscle.. but man I'm having a hard time ignoring that number on the scale.

I leave for vacation in 2.5 weeks and Ill make it through Weeks 3 & 4..but then will have to take a break from the videos (not from exercising). We will be on a cruise, and my kiddos (10 & 6) are already looking forward to running on the track on the ship.

I have a really hard time with all these planks.... please tell me that as I continue to do this.. planks will get easier? :laugh:

Oh.. and I also hate the standing with arms above head and then going to a kneeling position, then standing up again.. those are brutal!

Lynn
  • musicalsmiley30
    musicalsmiley30 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    On my last week of phase 1! Just finished WO 3 for good! Just have one more WO4 and one more cardio to do!

This was good - I managed to do all most of the exercise. I'm still struggling with the plank where you keep changing the arm though.

I feel so happy that I made it this far even though I still have the big belly and thick thighs despite losing a few inches off each. Hopefully phase 2 will get rid of most of it!

Has anyone found that phase 2 trims most of the fat on the arms, belly and upper thighs whereas phase 3 keeps it in place?

Good luck to everyone on their journey to a beautiful body and lost weight! x
  • Its_just_alicia
    Options
    I'm halfway through phase 1. I'm gaining muscle like the rest of you and improving my cardio condition. The scale isn't going down either, but I'm ok with that for now as I can tell I getting in shape. I'm struggling with the diet. I'm starving and want pizza buffet. I'm not going to do it though cuz I need to be in shape. I'm loving this program. It's exactly what I needed as it gradually gets harder. I really want to be a size 8 again!!! I hope phase 2 gets rid of my belly. That's what people r saying. Right??
  • Lynn1315
    Lynn1315 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i'm in week 3 and just finished my cardio day. I'm headed to a local market with my kids, so there will be some added walking/steps in today. I'm not losing weight.. and mentally I'm trying to be ok with that. I keep saying my clothes are fitting better, but I made the mistake not to start taking measurements when I started. Sometimes I think its all in my head.. other times I know my clothes are fitting better.

I know I feel better. (although a little tired this morning). Hubby did the workout with me today.. and I kicked his butt in suicides.. that felt good .:happy:

Have a great day everyone!

Lynn
  • eilar
    Options
    I think you and I are in the same place on this! I just finished my first round of WO4. I actually thought it was not that bad compared to WO3 but maybe that has more to do with what parts of my body are more fit than others.

I haven't been doing the cardio workout... I know that's bad! but... I hate cardio! I used to go to a Zumba class 2-3X a week but I moved (temporarily) a month ago and I miss Zumba and really hate JM's cardio by comparison. I'd rather do 1-2 hours of Zumba than her cardio dvd.

I should just suck it up probably :(
  • jodios528
    Options
    Just did WO 10 for the first time and I was dripping sweat!!!! Don't want to scare anyone but the warm up starts with rock star jumps :noway: :cry: :sad: :sad::laugh:

Every week there are planks and she continues to make them harder each phase - but you'll be surprised at how much better you get at them. In Phase 3 there is a lot more jumping (with weights) - I'm doing things I didn't even image were possible for me when I started this. Hang in there and just watch how strong you get (I'm sounding a bit like Jillian now aren't I?????)