07/04 - 2.6m on the treadmill
    07/05 - 4.0m hike with Cora

]exercise.png
    [/url]
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    30.6 miles Total - Today: 4.9 miles including a run/walk in the AM

Really starting to do research on what variables have a bearing on Heart Rate. Also trying to learn more about VO2Max

Weigh in on my post if you would like: ( I bet some of you have a really high VO2Max! )
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1347267-anyone-know-their-vo2max-or-have-tried-to-test-it-recently

exercise.png
    [/quote]
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    A must read. Soooo inspiring and so definitely true! And just not for running or for sports. True in everyday life. Just sit back & take the time to read this... :drinker: I personally printed it and do read it from time to time. It's just a great reminder... :flowerforyou:

http://flintland.blogspot.ca/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html

Also, please take a moment to read the author's note at the bottom of the text. And if you feel like it, the hundreds of comments after that...
    Is it okay if I take that to apply to a fat Boy too? :blushing::bigsmile:

@dave
    That text ("Hey fat girl"), that's `his` story...That, is the real story. A must read as well.
    http://theantijared.com/2014/03/never-fatty-westview-track-just-inspiring-fat-girl-named-dan.html
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I'm adding 1.25 for a walk yesterday + 5 miles running today + 1.2 miles walking today, for a total add of 7.45 for yesterday and today.

I'm excited about my 5 mile run this morning. It was slower than I had hoped (10:16 average) but it was really hot and so I took off on some trails at a park to stay in the shade... I've never really run on trails before. It was really pleasant, but I had to concentrate a lot harder on foot strike so as to not twist my ankle on the uneven ground, which slowed me down. Anyway, I felt good even at the end of 5 miles! I'm beginning to feel pretty encouraged that my old hip injury is going to stay at bay, so long as I continue to stretch and do my strength training, etc.

I think I'm going to let myself set a running goal (which I have been avoiding because I didn't want to get something in my head that might cause me to push through "bad" pain just to make the goal), but I think it's reasonable to go ahead and set this goal now: I'd like to do a 10K in September in under an hour, which means I need to run at about 9:35 pace.

My longest distance that qualifies for that pace (faster), thus far, was a 3.5 mile run that I did at 9:16 pace. I did that about 5 or 6 weeks ago. So, I just need to build off of that. I think for the next couple of weeks, I will stay at 5 miles for my "long run" and just try to improve pace... and then bump up to 5.5 and 6, trying to keep the faster pace. This is a long update, but I guess I better get it out there "to the world" or I might chicken out.

exercise.png
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Hey all,
    I am back from my Caribbean vacation. I finished June with 204.71 miles(I think!)

I am in again for July. I walked/ran 3 miles every morning, plus did some elliptical and lots of walking around the resort.

I will have to get back on my bike to get my miles up though. I'm glad to be home :)
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,945 Member
    Options
    BWAHAHAHA!!! Omg.....

Sorry I've been a little slack on updating the spreadsheet....been a little too busy taking a rest day for the Holiday. :bigsmile: I'm back at it full steam ahead today!! :drinker:

Dave

=============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Nice of Dave to take the blame for being slack on updating, but the truth is the fault is mine. I usually update on weekends and holidays but I fell down yesterday. And as you can see, I'm very late getting to it today. In any case, the spreadsheet is updated to here.

As for me, I've got a lot going on in my life that involves plenty of moving but very little formal "exercise" so I've decided I need to count my fitbit miles this month. So, upping my goal to 150 fitbit miles. So far I've got 29.75.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
    A must read. Soooo inspiring and so definitely true! And just not for running or for sports. True in everyday life. Just sit back & take the time to read this... :drinker: I personally printed it and do read it from time to time. It's just a great reminder... :flowerforyou:

http://flintland.blogspot.ca/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html

Also, please take a moment to read the author's note at the bottom of the text. And if you feel like it, the hundreds of comments after that...
    Is it okay if I take that to apply to a fat Boy too? :blushing::bigsmile:

@dave
    That text ("Hey fat girl"), that's `his` story...That, is the real story. A must read as well.
    http://theantijared.com/2014/03/never-fatty-westview-track-just-inspiring-fat-girl-named-dan.html
    :blushing: Yeah...obviously I hadn't yet taken the time to read down far enough to see that it was in fact about a boy, but I just did. :smile: Haven't read the link you just posted above yet though. I'm on my way out with my boyz for dinner and a movie. Probably "22 Jump Street". Hope it's as good as "21 Jump Street" (the movie) was.
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    7/5 20.64 mtb this morning with hub and friend...it was a great ride, mtd 33.1
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

Saturday 7/05

(Exercise bike 30.42 miles & walk 1.25 miles)

**total 31.67 miles for today

***165.94 miles done and 634.06 miles to go....:happy:
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Walking day.

07/01 - 20.0 miles biking
    07/02 - 14.0 miles biking
    07/03 - 11.0 miles biking
    07/04 - 1.0 miles walking
    07/05 - 1.0 miles walking

Total: 47.0 miles

exercise.png
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    5 miles

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,411 Member
    Options
    Dean - Thank you for your encouraging words a couple of days back...I could have sworn I did this yesterday...but nooooo...

It's been a glorious two days. Went to the gym w/my daughter, walked w/husband and grandpuppy, shopped w/daughter...nice!

07/04 - 8.92 miles
    07/05 - 7.59 miles

exercise.png

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Chris
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    July 6: 10.5 miles walking and cycling

TTD: 50.5 miles

exercise.png
  • angelmo8
    angelmo8 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    7/4- 4.1 miles walking/running
    7/5- 7.5 miles cycling
    3 miles hiking

exercise.png
  • christenafreda
    christenafreda Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    22.3 cumulative miles biked between July 1st and July 3rd
    13.6 miles ran July 4th
    21 miles biked July 5th

Holy cow! I should have set my goal higher!

exercise.png
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm still managing to stay slightly ahead of the game this month! I'm up to 10.2 miles so far.

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    walking!

exercise.png
  • clp212
    clp212 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    July 1 - 1.3 miles
    July 2 - 1.0 miles
    July 3 - 1.6 miles
    July 4 - 3.25 miles
    July 5 - 3.33 miles

exercise.png
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hey Dave, I'm back for July for 60

3.5 mile hike on July 5.

3.5 / 60

Thanks Joe, also in the minor or minors, my total miles don't seem to include my first two months of April and May.
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Just a short walk tonight.
    exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.