Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Someone asked earlier, but are we limiting this to gelato and ice cream? Or all Sweets? Just trying to get the rules down...
    I had seen that donut and at the same time was asked if pizza would be okay and I got a headache contemplating. I did have it in mind originally to be limited to ice cream and gelato but honestly the people in this group love all things sweet. We all know that. I kind of felt like a dummy saying no to a donut when that's in the group of things we all enjoy. So honestly I think being that this space is ours, then you guys really have the word on that.

The only thing I will really oppose it the imitation stuff, we all know what that is.

Well if you see me posting about imitation stuff please come to Jersey and kick my *kitten* thanks :)
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    i'm just gonna leave this here

4-3-DSC_7277.JPG

i'm not a big coffee person, but I love donuts. This ice cream was amazing.

edit: I give up playing with this trying to resize
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Seriously bro, how many times am I going to tell you to stop using a potato for a camera.

not my pic...

bish
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I have one of these but the handle is broken and the company is backordered on spare parts - just in time for Summer -grrrrrrrr

2317-500x500.jpg
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I have one of these but the handle is broken and the company is backordered on spare parts - just in time for Summer -grrrrrrrr

2317-500x500.jpg

Damn now that brings back the old ice cream making hand crank days... I'm too lazy for that now electric one for me :) 30 minutes of churning not 3 hours
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Seriously bro, how many times am I going to tell you to stop using a potato for a camera.

not my pic...

bish
    Damn amateur.
    that looks so good.

BSnLkh2.jpg?1
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    fro_pid_3502321_z.jpg

I'm having this tonight. If I'd realized there wouldn't be any good pictures online I would have taken some of my own.

If you have access to this, buy it. I'm not always a huge peanut butter lover-- I didn't care for Ben & Jerry's peanut butter ice cream at all. This one is really good though-- it's sweeter, more like Reese's filling.

I think this pint was even better than the first one-- it had a lot more chocolate in it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in…for bomb *kitten* gelato ideas!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    fro_pid_3502321_z.jpg

I'm having this tonight. If I'd realized there wouldn't be any good pictures online I would have taken some of my own.

If you have access to this, buy it. I'm not always a huge peanut butter lover-- I didn't care for Ben & Jerry's peanut butter ice cream at all. This one is really good though-- it's sweeter, more like Reese's filling.

I think this pint was even better than the first one-- it had a lot more chocolate in it.

where did you get that at?????
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    fro_pid_3502321_z.jpg

where did you get that at?????

I got it at Fresh Market, which is a fancy shmancy grocery store in Jacksonville (FL)

Idk where you are but here are the locations that carry the brand:

http://www.gelatofiasco.com/retailers/
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Hey MrM have you tried the GF Cookie Therapy yet?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Hey MrM have you tried the GF Cookie Therapy yet?
    I haven't found that flavor yet. I know someone here in the city that has so i would have to travel into Manhattan to buy it. I heard it's good so of course I will take the drive.

Think I'll try that one next.
  • chench53
    chench53 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had to join this group just to post, but I do love ice cream.

I'm a plain jane when it comes to ice cream. My favorite is vanilla,. Next in line is mint chocolate chip, and I especially like that in a thick shake, with an extra wide straw to slurp it up. YUMMMMmmmmmmm :smile: :laugh: :happy: :bigsmile:

Today I've wanted a butterscotch sundae.

Have not had ice cream in quite a long time, so I might treat myself this weekend!!

Gerry
  • chench53
    chench53 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Lo, and behold in an email, I got a story "LONG LIVE THE ICE CREAM SODA FOUNTAIN"

http://www.nj.com/cooking/index.ssf/2014/07/gutsy_gourmet_long_live_ice_cream_soda_floats_and_egg_creams.html

There's a recipe for something called a "Purple Cow", looks yummy!

Gerry
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Today is jwhited1's birthday! Happy Birthday-- I hope you enjoy your day and that it is filled with delicious food!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Lo, and behold in an email, I got a story "LONG LIVE THE ICE CREAM SODA FOUNTAIN"

http://www.nj.com/cooking/index.ssf/2014/07/gutsy_gourmet_long_live_ice_cream_soda_floats_and_egg_creams.html

There's a recipe for something called a "Purple Cow", looks yummy!

Gerry

Cool! There was a restaurant called the Purple Cow in Little Rock, Arkansas-- I wonder if it's the same dessert they served?