Introduce yourself - again

Options

Replies

• kh4leesi
    kh4leesi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Melissa, 22 years old, and I live in California. I'm hoping to get myself on track for exercising and losing weight to get healthy.
  • sjrose77
    sjrose77 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here. My name is Sarah, I am 36 years old and primarily a stay at home mom to two boys ages 4 and 6. I am also blog for a company and enjoy crafting, making fairy houses, and doing stained glass. My peak weight was around 300 and I am around 297 now I think (I don't have a scale). I am 5'8. I live in Champaign, IL. My husband was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and a fatty liver. He is now on board with the whole weight loss/exercise thing so now that he doesn't bring junk food into the house I stand a fighting chance! We are both on here together. He is losing weight much faster than I am.
  • Aynetal3
    Aynetal3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new as well. My name is Ann and apparently I looked at this MFP program a couple years ago, but didn't really make it past the first few days. Well I'm back and more determined than ever. I started this time at 303.8 and this morning we crossed the ledge to 299.0. I really hope from this point on I can stay under 300, but there's a LOT of work to do. I'm going to be 55 this week, stay at home - disability, am in a 20 year relationship and we've now owned a house for 1 1/2 years :). We're 60 miles west of Chicago in a small town called Sandwich. I have three adult sons and soon to be FOUR grandchildren! I've got one 15 year old cat named Missy who's brother died a few months ago, and we're getting a service dog in September named Dakota. We're very excited about that and it is a major encouragement to become more fit. We tend to stay at home. I can only walk 5-7 minutes at a time due to back problems and weight and will use a scooter to do the major walking with Dakota, but we've ordered a treadmill and recumbent bike I will use with Rich so hopefully, I will be able to build some endurance. PLUS Dakota is being trained on a treadmill so we'll be able to work out together when the weather is bad. NO EXCUSES! I'm really happy to be a part of this group and hope to meet many of you through conversation and support. Thanks for being here!

Ann
  • becktacular90
    becktacular90 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I'm Becky.

I weigh waaaaaaaay over 300lbs. Nice to meet you all :D

Feel free to add me.
    x
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Apparently I missed this thread!

Hi. My starting weight was 381. I was at 367 when I started MFP, for help with tracking calories. Currently at 338. Goal weight is 180. Obviously, 8 more pounds will put me at 50 pounds down, which is my 1/4 way mark. Thrilled with that.

I've been overweight my entire life. About 9 years ago I made an attempt to lose weight, but I think I only lost 15 pounds before I slipped back into old habits. So, for all intents and purposes, I'm counting this as my first attempt at losing weight. I'm already weighing less than I did after the 15 pound loss 9 years ago.

It's been exhilarating and surreal at the same time to see how my body has changed just so far… and not just in appearance (because that one is slow going… so far, only my sisters and my co-workers has noticed anything in that regard). Actually looking forward to the next 150 pounds!
  • kenyalamar
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Kenya and I am new to the group. I had weight loss surgery back in 01 and have managed to keep 200 pounds off. I still have 180 pounds to lose. My ultimate goal is to be able to donate bone marrow and I can't do that at this weight. I have been obese all my life and don't know what its like to be a "normal size" this is something that scares me. I never saw myself as fat, but want to lose weight due to my health. Looking for encouragement and ready to encourage others.
  • kenyalamar
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you like. Best wishes to us all.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I'm Lexie. I recently started back exercising and eating well!
  • FindingLovely
    FindingLovely Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm 36 and live in Mobile, AL. I have a 14 y.o. son. I have been overweight all of my life and probably have tried every diet and system out there. I know how to lose weight but I just can't seem to stay committed. I'm an emotional eater and addicted to carbs. I've been under 300 several times over the past few years but always gain the weight back. I'm currently at 303.4 and would love to be under 300 by the end of this month. I don't have a real support system. Despite the health problems plaguing many of my family members, none of them want to hear about anything healthy.

I really would like to connect with people to give and receive support. Feel free to add me :happy:
  • Savedandsanctified
    Savedandsanctified Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Tiffanie I am new to MFP. I currently reside in Northwest Indiana, but I am from Chicago. at my highest weight I was 425 ( I have only told 2 other people that) I currently weight 379 and my goal weight is to be under 200lbs. I am looking for friends and support and willing to do and be the same so feel free to add me. :bigsmile:
  • MissMamaAndrea
    MissMamaAndrea Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Andrea
    I joined MFP today YAY! I'm a 29 yr old mother of 3 looking to get the weight back off! I'm about 12 lbs shy of my heaviest weight and 131 lbs heavier than my best weight. I'm ready to start over and get back to that size 8/10 I have sitting in my closet!
  • Jen_1964
    Jen_1964 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Jen and I am new here. I have been using MFP on my phone for the last two weeks and have been logging faithfully for the last 14 days. I am committed to this new lifestyle and plan staying with it. I have been obese pretty much all my life and frankly I am tired of it. I turn 50 in less than 2 months and it's time to get it right so I can live the rest of my life enjoying it instead of worrying if I am going to fit in a chair or not. I was at my all time high two weeks ago, 357 and have lost 5 pounds so far and am grateful for that loss.

I am hoping to meet some friends along the way to help me stay accountable and give and receive encouragement.

I am having trouble uploading my picture for my profile, it comes in sideways even though the real photo is portrait. Any clue?

Looking forward to hearing from some people and what works for them.

Jen
  • cdl1716
    cdl1716 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! My name is Cyndi and I am just getting back on MFP. Last year I lost 40 lbs but unfortunately I fell off the wagon and have now gained most of that back.

It's time to get started again and looking for friends for support.

I've been considering surgery after seeing a family member have a lot of success but really want to give it one more try on my own.

Hope to get to get to know some of ya'll better!

Cyndi
  • mikda999
    mikda999 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Melissa! Nice to meet you all!

I'm a homeschooling, crafty, stay at home mom who needs to lose weight. I was on MFP a few years ago and did really well at losing 40+ pounds but friends and family were really mean and critical of me when they start see results so I fell off. Then I slowly starting gaining some of it back and that is when I decided something has got to change!

This time I'm doing it for me and I don't care what they think or say. Easier said then done, but I'm hoping with some groups and some friends I can stick with it.

Add me and we can cheer each other on!
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Allie and I'm really happy to have found this group. :)

I'm a 28-year-old work-at-home mom to a 4-year old (goodness, that was a lot of hyphens..) and I'm in camp 300+, currently weighing in at 336.2 as of 7/31. I lost all this weight once before, 91 pounds back in 2008ish putting me in onederland and over the moon with excitement, but then life happened, as it often does, and here I am again with two times the weight to lose.

I don't really have a game plan right now, except knowing that I need to do something before I can't do anything. I started walking, but my back is injured (unrelated to the exercise) and I'm just starting to build my time back up to 10 minutes at once.

I'm looking for support and to be supportive, so feel free to add me, I'd love new friends. =)
  • oceanaim6
    oceanaim6 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Aimee. I'm a single mom with 3 kids. I swore I would never weigh more than 300 pounds, but here I am. Two years ago I lost over 60 pounds on a super strict low-carb diet. I gained it all back plus some. I've always been a "big girl" but I've reached an all-time high after having a thyroidectomy 2 years ago for thyroid cancer. My starting weight two weeks ago was 334. I'm currently 323. I'm too young to give up yet and I'm afraid if I don't keep trying I'm going to be a housebound person who won't be able to fit through a doorway. This time I'm tracking everything I eat, staying under a daily calorie limit, with an effort towards lower carb choices.

I have also committed to a 5k race on January 11, 2015 with my son and neice. It's a run/walk and I would really like to finish under 45 minutes. My current time is around an hour. It has been hard to make any progress with that because it's so hot where I live. (I.e. Over 95° when I go walking at 9 o'clock at night). But summer won't last forever. Meanwhile I will keep trying.

HW: 334.6 on 7/19/14
    CW: 323.2
    Short-term GW: 299.9
    GW: 180
    Height: 5'9"
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Since this thread is 2 years old, I may have already introduced myself back in the early pages. But, I have been gone for over a year and feel like saying "I'm back!"

My name is Kim. My family recently moved from Mississippi to Texas. I love our new home and cannot wait to get settled.

I have always been overweight. I have always wanted to lose it, but I never really give it much work or effort. I always lose momentum and fall back into old habits. I stopped logging in to MFP about 18 months ago.

An end of year check up last December showed me at 405, heavier than I have ever been. It was a wake up call, though having to move has stopped me from answering it until now.

I love the support MFP provides. I fully intend to stick things out this time. And I know trying to go it alone doesn't work for me.
  • kiwilime81
    kiwilime81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello - I'm Sarah, I'm an RN and I joined MFP in December. I haven't been very serious with it but I've been waffling back and forth between this and WW and trying to decide what I like better. Hoping to meet some new people here and work on getting healthier.

I love photography, gardening, knitting and spinning yarn, and some sewing. Favorite exercise is probably hiking/walking. I like bike riding but it hurts too much right now.

Got on the scale a week ago and saw 406 and about had a melt down. Two years ago I was 403 and that had been my heaviest weight and I never wanted to see that again. Well, here I am and I am trying to deal with it the best I can.

One day at a time...
  • rose204
    rose204 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Rose I joined AGES ago but didn't log in again after signing up, no internet and no commitment lol. Well now I'm back and serious about losing weight this time!
    I'm a single mum, recovering binge/purger, craft lover, film/tv lover (too much screen time!)

Before I had kids I was slim and fit and loved exercising, long walks, cycling, horse riding, hockey, running, skating, kick boxing... Now I can't walk a flight of stairs without feeling out of breath!

The plan for now is to start slow exercise wise starting with 3 mile walks per day and slowly building up to more each week plus weights 3x a week. I can only do low impact exercise due to a bad knee.

I started out at 403lbs (last week) *hangs head in shame*
    But I am now 13lbs lighter yay! Long way to go though... I would like to lose 200lbs that will put me back at my pre pregnancy weight. (though my dream weight would be 140 so that's another 63lbs to lose once I hit the 200lb mark lol) Hoping to lose 200lb by my 30th in about 18 months time or at least most of it... Might be wishful thinking but it's something to aim for lol

Don't have many friends on here so feel free to add me my diary is open to friends and will eventually be posting pics!

Good luck everyone! Positive thoughts we can do this!
  • jjeanmneis
    jjeanmneis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jenni

I had my wake up call back in April 2014 when my 55 yr old mother fell ill. She was really in bad shape and I flew out to see her. I felt stuffed in the airIine seat and I couldn't even get the belt across my waist! I spent 2 weeks in the ICU with her, my knitting and my thoughts...
    I always wanted to get out and do stuff (mostly water sports) but didn't have friends or family that wanted to go with me so I gave up.
    When I got home after 3 weeks away (mom was improving) I joined the YMCA. My weight was 320lb. I decided enough was enough and if I wanted to do something about it I couldn't wait around for someone else to do it for me. I took up swimming. 1) because it's low impact and 2) because I love the water - I don't feel all sweaty and it takes all the weight off my lower back and knees - plus I've since learned some streches that help my backpain. HEAVEN! Lol. I found MFP shortly after I started and I'm now down to 309 the last time I checked in.
    Can't wait to be in the 200 somethings again.