Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Ran my first day of week 9 today - finally a whole 30 minutes..!

Congratulations, because you did not mention the dreaded distance, are you going to run faster or longer to get to the magic distance? Well done again though on running 30 mins, fantastic achievement.

Distance brings speed, but not vice versa...
  • sacto68
    sacto68 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 4 day 2 this morning. Wasn't sure I was going to make it, but I did!

I've been using the treadmill the past two weeks because it's been to hot here. I think that has messed with me a bit.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    W7D3 completed this evening, the first weekday evening run for a while. Windy but good fun!!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I DID!!!! W8D3 Completed!!! I was so close to a full 5k that when it told me to walk, I kept going. I ran a full 5K in just over 35 minutes!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • kaburke21
    kaburke21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    New to the group and C25K. Finished W1D2 this morning. My body is screaming! It's encouraging to read everyone else's posts. Great job!
  • vgnrnr
    vgnrnr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    New to the group and C25K. Finished W1D2 this morning. My body is screaming! It's encouraging to read everyone else's posts. Great job!

I remember the first week KILLING me -- I had never ran before (well, not since junior high) and didn't know I could slow down and pace myself so I went way too hard, and it definitely takes a few days for those running muscles to not get sore. It gets better quick though.
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Just finished run 2 of Week 9...

When I started I never thought I would get to the point where I think 'ONLY 15 minutes to go'! :smile:
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    I DID!!!! W8D3 Completed!!! I was so close to a full 5k that when it told me to walk, I kept going. I ran a full 5K in just over 35 minutes!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Well done you, great stuff.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Hi :) Screaming the good way or the bad way?
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Just finished run 2 of Week 9...

When I started I never thought I would get to the point where I think 'ONLY 15 minutes to go'! :smile:
    It is pretty wonderous :)
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I did W8D2 this morning. On zen labs, that is the next to last day. It wanted me to run 2.75 miles in 28 minutes. I ran 2.71 in 28 minutes. So stinking close! But I will continue to run 3 days a week till it gets too cold to run. And in tennessee, that will be awhile!!!!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! What is a 5K? Is it 3.5 miles?
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    3.1 miles
  • Berti2802
    Berti2802 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Finished W8D3 yesterday. I am running 28 minutes without a break! A few weeks ago I felt dead after 3 minutes of running...
    Now the last week is about to start and my first 5k run will be a special day for me.

Greetings from Germany!
  • kaburke21
    Options
    I'm definitely pacing myself. I covered 2 miles for each of my first 2 workouts. I feel better today. Ready for day 3! :smile:
  • kaburke21
    Options
    Hi :) Screaming the good way or the bad way?

Hi! Screaming in a good way. I had no idea that my ab area would be so sore. Stretching helps a lot.
  • Stanlee202
    Stanlee202 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    W7D1 done! I can't believe I just ran 25 minutes straight!!. Wait...Yes I CAN believe it! 2 months ago I wouldn't have. Have fun hitting the pavement (or treadmill) everyone :)
  • SquishyLaughter
    SquishyLaughter Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    After having to postpone a day due to an unexpected 6.5 mile uphill walk after work on Tuesday (my body was screaming on Wednesday, I completed W7D2 today. My legs (calves) were still a little sore from the walk, but I powered through, and if I was a little slower than usual (usually do a 12.5 minute pace, probably did a 15 minute pace today) I still made it through, and am proud of myself for that.
  • cookiegy
    cookiegy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just joined today - have the W5D3 20 minuter to look forward to tomorrow! Some inspirational words on here thanks!
    Hope it keeps me going :smile:
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I was an avid MFP user and completed C25k in 2011. I've since had a rough couple of years fitness-wise, and I'm start the program again. Today I completed W3D1. It is definitely easier this time than it was the first time, but I'm a little ashamed of myself for letting myself get so out of shape, when two years ago I was running 3-4 miles at a time. Oh well. Baby steps.