Leslie Sansone August 2014 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers! It is almost August, and time to be thinking about another new monthly challenge! With the sizzling :glasses: summer days continuing on :noway: and chilly winter days :smile: , depending on where one lives on the globe, having LS DVDs to pop in the player is a great alternative to walking outdoors.

This group is open to any and all walkers, the majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home workouts, but those great walks outside or on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs, count too. However you get your walk in, join us! And if you have some fun trails to walk or hike post them because it ALL counts :happy: .

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. Post your results daily, weekly, however you like.

If you find this group in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days. You are always welcome!

So tie up those shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or not, that you used because we all could use some new inspiration sometimes... or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know :tongue: . So please share if you would care to.

So, lets Walk Happy during August :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I will be here in August.... keep on walking everyone!! no matter where you walk.
  • MaDee62
    MaDee62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and all of the groups but I have been using Leslie's workouts on Youtube for about a month now. I normally start off with one that the American Heart Association recommends and them move on to one of the 3,4, or five miles. I am glad to be in this group which will help motivate. Thanks for having me.
  • JTThomas
    JTThomas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am excited to be joining this group. My goal for this month is 64 miles total. I've done several of Leslie's dvds in the past but not really consistently. This month I think I am going to use Leslie's 4 Fast Miles and possibly others if needed.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am in, 150 miles for the month.
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    So great to see some new walkers join the group! I am going to set a 60 mile goal. I figure that's average 2 per day or 4 every other - should be reasonable. I am trying to add strength training, which cuts into my walk time, but I think I can do it - I NEED to for my health!
  • Kaylasmom
    Kaylasmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Count me in....my goal is at least 60 miles and hopefully more! I did 3 miles tonight.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    August Goal-60 miles -I need a goal to keep moving and losing! Welcome to all our new walkers! :-) Walk Strong Everyone! Collectively, we should see if we can beat our 1455 miles total from last month! Thanks for computing that AnnofB! What a neat goal for all of us to work together to try and achieve!
  • cheetahrocker88
    Options
    My August Goal will be 60 miles for the month. Has anyone done this challenge before? I would like to hear your results? Thank you!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I will challenge myself to walk 140 miles. I did 5 of those miles this morning.

5/140
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    Great to see everyone bright and early this fine and fabulous Friday.
    I'm in for 110- again lol :happy:
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Here we are again on a new month. Time flies when you are having fun.

My goal was 120miles last month and I did 151 fitbit miles. Some Leslie, some outside. So, I will try for 150 miles this month and I know I am pushing it at that so please be patient with me if I fail (I don't like to fail).
  • Healthymom_5
    Options
    My August Goal will be 60 miles for the month. Has anyone done this challenge before? I would like to hear your results? Thank you!

Welcome!! Glad you are joining us! That is a very reasonable goal! There are lots of very successful people that come back here month after month and they are seeing fantastic results in weight loss, energy level, and other health measures. I have done approximately that much for the last two months in addition to some strenghth/firming routines (nothing fancy, just some dumbells at home) and logging my food (calories between 1300-1500 max total on average) and am down 10 pounds and a pants size (soon to be two sizes!) in those two months. I feel WAY more energy. Some days I've felt a little sluggish, but I've pushed through and NEVER regretted a day I've walked :-)!
    Just work at it consistently, push and challenge yourself a little bit, and you will do great!! :-)
  • Healthymom_5
    Options
    2 Miles with the Woman's Walk today - 2/60 done!
    Also did Leslie's "Firm" weight training segment from Walk it Off in 30.
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    miles: 6/90
    cal: -290
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Friday (August 1st):

0 DVD miles:

120 outdoor minutes.

Goal for August: To continue walking outdoors minutes & add in some Leslie miles as able

So far: 0 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 120 outdoor minutes

The reason I have no specific goal, at least so far this month, and also things I never thought about before... With a broken arm/wrist one can not do much for themselves till the pain/swelling goes down enough to get a cast put on. Until then almost every movement hurts so no Leslie miles :cry: . Pain meds made me loopy and tired so I didn't want to trust myself outside with all the uneven pavement and walking in the street, especially without a cast :cry: . So no outdoor miles.
    This past Monday I got my cast and have been walking outdoors 4 times :drinker: . But wait... I can't tie my own shoes even with the cast on :huh: . Gratefully my sweet husband :heart: altered his morning routine to help me get my shoes on :smile: so I can go out when the sun is coming up and not so hot yet :glasses: . DVD miles will be added in at a later date when I am able to move my arm w/o being careful not to hurt it. Even though I have a cast I have to be very careful in what direction I move my arm, as any rotation hurts where the forearm joins the wrist, which is where both fractures are.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    :drinker: Yay! August walkers are quickly joining in for this month's challenge, and the miles are beginning to add up :drinker:

Lilymay2, bandit5125, Healthymom_5, Kaylasmom, zichab, PinkyPan1, startergal53, 2essie, and alex are back today!

Welcome new walkers: MaDee62, JTThomas, and cheetahrocker :flowerforyou: . We are happy that you have found the Leslie Sansone Walk At Home group, and that you are joining in the August Challenge.

Walk Healthy :flowerforyou:
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    So lovely to be beginning a new month.

I haven't added up all of my miles for July yet but I think that it was around 120.

This month I will walk at least 100 miles.

I started the month with 4.93

Happy walking everyone, new and old :flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Friday (August 1st):

0 DVD miles:

120 outdoor minutes.

Goal for August: To continue walking outdoors minutes & add in some Leslie miles as able

So far: 0 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 120 outdoor minutes

The reason I have no specific goal, at least so far this month, and also things I never thought about before... With a broken arm/wrist one can not do much for themselves till the pain/swelling goes down enough to get a cast put on. Until then almost every movement hurts so no Leslie miles :cry: . Pain meds made me loopy and tired so I didn't want to trust myself outside with all the uneven pavement and walking in the street, especially without a cast :cry: . So no outdoor miles.
    This past Monday I got my cast and have been walking outdoors 4 times :drinker: . But wait... I can't tie my own shoes even with the cast on :huh: . Gratefully my sweet husband :heart: altered his morning routine to help me get my shoes on :smile: so I can go out when the sun is coming up and not so hot yet :glasses: . DVD miles will be added in at a later date when I am able to move my arm w/o being careful not to hurt it. Even though I have a cast I have to be very careful in what direction I move my arm, as any rotation hurts where the forearm joins the wrist, which is where both fractures are.

You really don't think about all the things in life that take two hands to do until you are without the use of one. I feel for you Mary... It hurts physically and it must be frustrating at times. Kudo's to your DH. He's a keeper. I know you'll be walking like a pro again soon. :flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I don't have a goal yet. I have out of town company today and tomorrow so not sure when I'll get a chance to lace up my shoes and walk... Sunday is probably my best bet to get some miles done and I'll decide my goal then.

Hello to the new folks. Please jump in and post when you see something that interests you. As Texasgardner said in her intro post, we are a friendly bunch here and we will make you welcome and cheer you on.

Have wonderful day, Walkers! :flowerforyou:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    8 advanced miles with Leslie

2 miles outside

10 miles total

goal 150 miles