Leslie Sansone August 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    This month i'm going for 20 miles again....Hopefully I can make it with my little people starting school again in a few weeks----busy Mommy duties will be back on schedule :flowerforyou:
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    miles: 26/90
    cal: -1400
  • catbyrd
    catbyrd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I did myfitness pal about a year ago, lost 45 pounds, let stress take over and gained back about 20 of those pounds. So, as of yesterday, my goal was to get back on track, loose the weight I need, watch my diet and exercise. I love Leslie Sansone DVD's, she helped me loose the weight first time around.

Therefore, my August goal is 25 miles. I am determined to fit this into my extremely busy schedule:)
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Added to my list, thank you.
  • heavenlyb14
    Options
    Good morning friends. I walked 6 miles this morning. I lost my walking buddy two days ago. My son has a hairline fracture in his ankle and will not be joining me. He did say as soon as he heals he will be right out there walking with me once again. Fingers crossed

27/140

So sorry to hear that you have lost your walking buddy. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery. xx
  • heavenlyb14
    Options
    miles: 26/90
    cal: -1400

Alex, should this read 36?
  • heavenlyb14
    Options
    Hello everyone, I did myfitness pal about a year ago, lost 45 pounds, let stress take over and gained back about 20 of those pounds. So, as of yesterday, my goal was to get back on track, loose the weight I need, watch my diet and exercise. I love Leslie Sansone DVD's, she helped me loose the weight first time around.

Therefore, my August goal is 25 miles. I am determined to fit this into my extremely busy schedule:)

Hello and welcome. I'm sure that walking with us will help you to lose some of those extra pounds.
  • heavenlyb14
    Options
    I must start putting all posts into one like Texas does, sorry fellow walkers.

Right, today I walked for 6 miles.

19.45/100
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    August-60 miles
    8/1-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-7.25 miles (MFP says 2188 calories burned! LOL)=7.25 total
    8/5-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-2.17 miles=9.42 total

However, I have not been doing very much sitting! After reading that it is going to kill me, I'm scared to do it! :noway: :wink:
    Happy walking everyone!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends. I walked 6 miles this morning. I lost my walking buddy two days ago. My son has a hairline fracture in his ankle and will not be joining me. He did say as soon as he heals he will be right out there walking with me once again. Fingers crossed

27/140

PinkyPan1,
    Hate to hear that about your son's injury. But I bet he's in great shape (if he's like his Mom) and will heal quickly. Fab job on the mileage, 27 miles already!:bigsmile:

Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately, he is not in great shape. He is looking to lose 70 lbs and I believe he will. All 3 of my sons were Marines and since being discharged from active duty they have all gained quite a bit of weight. It is sad that all 3 are now obese. To be honest I was hoping that at least one of them would be inspired by me and get healthy. Like I said fingers crossed that he comes back and joins me walking.

PinkyPan1,
    I can't think of a better example than you. :D
  • AnnofB
    Options

Welcome catbyrd.

Leslie is the best, isn't she? She has helped me lose weight several times. But I plan on this time being the LAST time. If time only permits one mile or even just a 1/2 mile, that is still good. No active effort is ever wasted. :smile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    This month i'm going for 20 miles again....Hopefully I can make it with my little people starting school again in a few weeks----busy Mommy duties will be back on schedule :flowerforyou:

Good on you 2jayjay'sMom!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    August-60 miles
    8/1-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-7.25 miles (MFP says 2188 calories burned! LOL)=7.25 total
    8/5-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-2.17 miles=9.42 total

However, I have not been doing very much sitting! After reading that it is going to kill me, I'm scared to do it! :noway: :wink:
    Happy walking everyone!

zichab, LOL I'm laughing now and taking a dare by doing it sitting down!!!!
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    3.5 miles today (1 Leslie, 2.5 treadmill after meals). Also did Tone it Up, Debbie Siebers.
    14/60 done
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Great walking Everyone! :drinker:

10/45
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    8 advanced miles with Leslie

3 miles walk away your waist

43 miles with Leslie to date

4 miles outside

21 miles outside to date

64 miles total to date

goal 150 miles

Happy Walking Everyone!!!!!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:

0 DVD miles:

100 outdoor minutes.

Goal for August: To continue walking outdoors minutes & add in some Leslie miles as able

So far: 0 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 380 outdoor minutes

@ alex, thanks for the link. I'll read when I'm through posting :smile: .

@ PinkyPan1, I'm so sorry about your son's foot injury :cry: .

@ 2jayjaysmom, looking forward to you joining in! Your little ones are precious :heart: .

@ catbyrd, welcome. LS DVDs are truly amazing! I'm happy that you are starting with them again :) You CAN do this :happy: .

So many awesome miles!! Thank you for walking strong y'all :flowerforyou:
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    Correction

miles: 36/90
    cal: -1800
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! I walked 6 more miles this morning.

33/140
  • 185dengbiqi
    185dengbiqi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    just started yesterday and i walked 2 miles my goal is to walk 100 miles before september 1st! love that i can do this at home in my pjs when its rainy outside!