AUGUST 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Adding six miles. That makes 63 out of 400. Had a fun ride with my son. Not a lot of miles but a lot of fun time with my son. When you have an Autistic son that suddenly wants to go ride, you go. :wink: :wink: Not going to get much in for the next several days so I'm falling WAY behind.
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I officially taught my first spin class tonight (although I had taught before when an instructor didn't show up). This was the first class I had actually prepared for and got paid to teach. There were a few "regulars" in the class, and after, one of them came up and thanked me for the class, and said it was a good one. I told her I was VERY open to suggestions to make the class better, and she said, "well, let me tell you what you did right" and proceeded to list about 7 things that she liked about the class, and she said she would definitely be back next week. WOOOOT!!! Feeling really good about it.

I don't actually know what my mileage was - I know it was at least 16.5, but I had to move my bike after about 3 songs because of a technology problem, and I lost the mileage accrued during those first 3 songs - so I'm going to put myself down for 18 miles added today. I think that's probably "safe."

exercise.png
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Aseymour13 – UGH, food poisoning. Hope you’re feeling better now!

Kar328 – It’s wonderful to hear about your progress toward your 5k next month. I’m getting excited for you, to see how it goes!

Time2LoseWeightNow – Welcome Back! And starting off in the green – good job!

Anaconda469 – that ride up Mt. St. Helens sounds SUPER intense. I’m still trying to get up the courage to ride my bike outside, so the fact you’re doing this is very impressive – great job on not letting your experiences of the last couple months hold you back! We’re about to move to a different part of our city where there are some decent bike paths where there aren’t cars, etc. I may try riding on those and see how I do.

Wanderan – You’re kicking bootie! I see an increased goal in your future.

Sufferlandria - you snuck in there - and I got you on the spreadsheet. And goal be damned - it's awesome that your son is wanting to ride with you! I wish my son (who is not autistic but has some similar challenges from a different spectrum disorder) would be willing to learn to ride a bike. If that happened, I would drop just about anything to ride with him. Thankfully he does like to walk/hike, and so we can get a few miles in here and there when he's up for it (he's only 7, so the stamina isn't really there, but who cares, right?!)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I officially taught my first spin class tonight (although I had taught before when an instructor didn't show up). This was the first class I had actually prepared for and got paid to teach. There were a few "regulars" in the class, and after, one of them came up and thanked me for the class, and said it was a good one. I told her I was VERY open to suggestions to make the class better, and she said, "well, let me tell you what you did right" and proceeded to list about 7 things that she liked about the class, and she said she would definitely be back next week. WOOOOT!!! Feeling really good about it.

Very well done! :drinker: :drinker:
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    8/6 - 3 miles

39/180
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    August 1 - 6 miles
    August 2 - 16 miles
    August 3 - 3 miles
    August 4 - 6 miles
    August 5 - 16 miles
    August 6 - 6 miles

Totals: 53 out of 220
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    8/6 - 10.35 walking and biking
    Total to date: 49.18 of 200 miles
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    8/1: bicycling 17.41km
    8/2: rowing 2km, elliptical trainer 4km
    8/3: bicycling 16.19km
    8/4: stationary bike 8.5km
    8/6: bicycling 24.74km
    8/7: bicycling 77.08km

Total: 149.92km
    Left: 100.08km

exercise.png
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options

@hkristine1
    Hooray that is great news - Really liked how you were very open to suggestions. You must feel GREAT about it! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I actually "docked" myself miles today. .... It is a personal choice, but I feel good about it. ( A post by Kar328 really made me stop and think :drinker: )
    That's how I choose to do it too. I only count the extra, "intentional" exercise miles too. The only time I've used my Fitbit miles was when I was doing laps for exercise in my apartment building complex hallway during the dead of winter last year and had no other way to measure the distance. And then I only used the distance covered during those walking sessions....not the distance of my entire day.

But that doesn't mean I expect everyone to do it that way. That's just how I choose to do it. Everybody should do it however they want and how it works best for them. :smile:

Dave

Dave, You articulated it perfectly. that is how I am doing it. I like what you said (and what Kar said) about it being a personal choice. I would have a lower goal and "feel" what I did rather than looking at the fitbit and going "wow.. that is a lot.
    Thanks for weighing it.. it had been on my mind! :drinker:
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    only 1.36 today
    mtd 15.17

exercise.png
  • Rief3
    Rief3 Posts: 420 Member
    Options

exercise.png

adding 3miles
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Me an influence? :laugh: Again, it was just my way of doing things, didn't want to make it seem like I thought other ways were wrong.

I did 3.6 miles. I ran for 20 mins and tried to get my heart rate and breathing back to normal for the rest of the time. Tomorrow I'm going for 25. Minutes, not miles :bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    progress...:happy:

exercise.png
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Aug 7 - 6.5 km

Total 31.3/120 km
  • angelmo8
    angelmo8 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    8/7- 4.1 miles walk/run

exercise.png
  • kelly1969a
    kelly1969a Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Today I finally got some mileage in with a 10 mile bike ride. :smile:
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Going for another 750 miles as have another 11 day holiday in a fortnight

01-08: Rest day
    02-08: 31.98 miles
    03-08: 17.91 miles
    04-08: 36.97 miles
    05-08: 31.01 miles
    06-08: 27.20 miles
    07-08: 30.07 miles
    August miles: 175.14

YTD miles: 7381
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

exercise.png

Adding another 23 miles for 86 total out of 400. I think I might be able to get back in the green tomorrow.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    7.49 miles walked today

48.03 miles walked to date
This discussion has been closed.