Leslie Sansone August 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    3miles with Leslie today - two miles in the morning and one after dinner :) ; plus 30 minutes strength training

21.75/60 done
  • JTThomas
    JTThomas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    18/64 so far!
  • MichelleMinus100
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback and encouragement!

LouAnn, YOU CAN DO IT! This is an intense season for you! You're pushing yourself, and that will pay off in those wedding photos, you'll be so glad you did!

AUGUST GOAL: Walk 5 out of 7 days (Monday starts a new week)

TODAY: 2 miles PM inside

Total Miles Aug Inside: 6
    Total Miles Aug Outside: 0
    Options
    walked 6.6 miles with RunKeeper.

hours
    1:46:34
    mins/mi
    16:08
    calories

51/140
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    August-60 miles
    8/1-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-7.25 miles (MFP says 2188 calories burned! LOL)=7.25 total
    8/5-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-2.17 miles=9.42 total
    8/6-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-11.03 miles=20.45 total
    8/8 Endomondo tracked Mountain Walk (no back pack)=1.97 miles=22.42 total
    8/9 Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-Cross Country =3.19 miles=25.61 total
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    miles: 56.5/90
    cal: -2000
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Thursday: grandchildren visit early,
    Friday: early commitment,
    Saturday: only day DH can take me grocery shopping for the week.

0 DVD miles:

0 outdoor minutes.

Goal for August: To continue walking outdoors minutes & add in some Leslie miles as able

So far: 0 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 475 outdoor minutes

No mileage added for the last three days: Thursday and Friday I didn't have time to fit in a walk outdoors and be ready for my commitments for the morning. Today (Saturday) when I came home from the grocery store and we put frozen/cold stuff away it was too hot and humid already to consider going out to walk. Tonight it will be 95 degrees at 8 PM :glasses: . A walk is just not gonna happen . I will now read and catch up with you all!!

@ Alex: You are a treasure trove of wonderful information! Thank you for freely sharing with us :smile:

@ PinkyPan1: How awesome that your son purchased you a smart phone with a walking app. How thoughtful and encouraging for him to gift you in that way!!

@ startergal53: Good to see you back/ You biked a marathon of miles yesterday :happy: .

@ cheetahrocker: I'm certainly happy that your goal was NOT to walk every single day. Besides a sure fire set up for failure and discouragement, our bodies need recovery time to repair muscles and to rejuvenate. I usually take Sunday off, and then life gives me other days sometime, like this week :ohwell: . Well done on your miles!

@ Kaylasmom: Yay for fair food and LOTS of walking and fun things to do. Enjoy the food experiences and especially all the walking!! Come back and drink plenty of extra water and carry on with your food and walking plan while enjoying your memories. NO guilt :flowerforyou:

@ MichelleMinus: Yay for you for finding a LS DVD that you really enjoy!!

To answer your question: I used to walk twice a day when I first started out using LS Walking DVDs. After I was at the point that I could do a 5 mile workout w/o a problem then I backed down to once a day and now plan and vary my DVD walks to what I want to do specifically that day. Also I often add an extra strength w/o to my shorter walks, or make it just a long walk, perhaps with the firm band such as the 3 and 5 Mega Miles DVDs, or just an intense 4 or 5 mile walk such as the 4 mile Super Challenge or 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk, or use another instructor like Debbie Rocker (with or with out the strength/sculpting segments). I also toss in outdoor walks depending on the weather or my schedule.

Do what works for you and your lifestyle. Listen to your body for clues as to what is working for you- or not. Mix it up and keep your workouts fresh so that your workouts are effective and fun.

@ AnnofB: Thank you for your kind words of encouragement! I also cannot wait to pop a DVD in. My days are varied as to the pain still, but it is getting better. Friday being my best so far, but this morning was rough as I woke up a bit early very aware that I had twisted my arm perhaps to arrange the sheet or pillow causing pain shooting toward my wrist. Thankfully I have a good cast on and naproxen took care of it. I'm itching to walk, but think that I will wait for my 4 week visit on Wednesday to see what is my doctor's decision as to what is next. Besides that I am not able to yet manage certain articles of clothing to make my workouts comfortable :noway: . I still don't have much strength in my left fingers that are peeking out of the cast. But it is coming back!!

@ everyone: Fantastic mileage being walked. I enjoyed reading everyone's posts. Thank you for your faithfulness to continue to walk this challenge, and your sweet words of encouragement to one another :heart: .

I am honored to be your virtual walking buddy :flowerforyou:
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    4.78 miles walked today

58.91 miles walked to date
  • mcusumano95
    mcusumano95 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am coming in late to August's challenge, but I am up for a challenge. I am not planning to do the dvds, but I do walk a lot, besides other exercise. The challenge will really push me and I am on a mission. Since it is already August 9th, I will set my goal for 45 miles.
  • Healthymom_5
    Options
    1 after dinner mile with Leslie (this morning was circuit training, so no other walking miles logged but I worked!!)
    22.75/60
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thank you Michelle!!!

Saturday

8 advanced miles with Leslie

75 miles with Leslie to date

2 miles outside

40 miles outside to date

115 miles total to date

goal 150 miles

Happy Walking Everyone!!!!!

my daughters wedding is sept 14. I have lost one of the 6 pounds I have been fighting to lose, so 5 more to go!
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I was at a beer festival all day yesterday so I am using my Fitbit mileage which was 3.3 so 37.75/100 so far. I am going to aim for 8 miles today and will report back in later.

Happy walking everyone, xxx
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    miles
    hours
    1:45:37
    mins/mi
    16:39
    calories

57/140 miles
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    19/45

Have a wonderful day and Walk Strong everyone! :smile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    mcusumano95

Glad you joined. Lot's of inspiration here and support.

Keep walkin'! :smile:

Ann
  • AnnofB
    Options
    19/45 -- updated this morning with yesterdays miles.
    Today did Debbie Rockers Walking for Weight Loss.

22/45

:drinker: Keep going!!!!!
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    miles: 59/90
    cal: -2100
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    10 advanced miles with Leslie (2 times 5 advanced miles)

85 miles with Leslie to date

2 miles outside

42 miles outside to date

127 miles total to date

goal 150 miles

Happy Walking Everyone!!!!!

my daughters wedding is sept 14. 4 pounds to go till the wedding! Then I will have met my short term goal. 60 more after the wedding.
  • Healthymom_5
    Options
    1.5 treadmill miles today
    24.25/60
  • AnnofB
    Options
    19/45 -- updated this morning with yesterdays miles.

Today did Debbie Rockers Walking for Weight Loss.
    DH and I took a walk after dinner tonight, added another mile

23/45

Walking Strong Everyone!