Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    hungover.
    did 1 mile.
    all this diet/ swimming has seen my weight drop to below 200 for the first time in 30 years.
    i am a happy bunny.
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    English backstroke (as I recently learnt from a South African) is a leisurely backstroke with both arms working in sync - like breastroke on your back :)
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
  • Fred77
    Fred77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I didnt swim today, but i have been swimming 6 days a week for the last 3 months and have lost over 40lbs. would really love to friend other regular swimmers
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I did a slow 2000 yards today!
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Great job, those that got their swims in.....

Fred, you're in the right place - plenty of regular swimmers here....

Panda, the English backstroke sounds like what I was taught as elementary backstroke......

No swim for me today, but I'll be back at the gym early tomorrow - hoping the lifeguard decides to come in to work.......
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    - and today, I swam here for 30 minutes; equal parts breaststroke and front crawl, whihc I am just getting to grips with.

the main photo on this link is the end to end bay which I swim across for 30 minutes in my lunch break.

http://www.cornwall-beaches.co.uk/helston-lizard-falmouth/poldhu-cove.htm
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Today I swam 1000m in just over 24 minutes breaststroke, which is a small record for me. After this I was very exhausted and could not have gone on much more. Swimming is the only cardio I do, thus I'm slowly building up.
  • cw106
    Options
    a sedentary 1km only for me today.
    my 2 recent sprint/ endurance crawl swims taking their toll on my triceps.
    will have to reign in speed and just concentrate on endurance i feel.

g job from all other swimmers.great to see so many active.
  • Macstraw
    Options
    CW - after taking it easy for a couple of days the soreness will ease. You'll find as you do more that soreness will occur less frequently & will be less intense as you build strength in the triceps. Once the soreness goes away, push the speed again - just not quite as long. The more you do it the more you'll be able to do.....

Swam 6500 yards freestyle in114 minutes, the lifeguard was a little late (about 15 minutes) today - I thought I was gonna get knocked out of swimming again today. Tomorrow's plan is workout #2, knocking out the 2 1500 yard sets, replaced by 5 x 200 IM's, a 500 free (for a little recovery) & 5 x 100 IM's.....
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, swam 2 miles today in 76 min
  • Fred77
    Fred77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i swam for an hour today. I can never count lengths, my mind wanders too much
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Yes, swam 2 miles today in 76 min

That's rather similar to my swimming speed, though I'm not able yet to keep up for long enough yet (1km or 0.62 miles max). And the pool and air are far too warm with close to body temperature and 45 C (116F). Not sure what the temperature at the pool in the sun is. May I ask what stroke you used?
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I swim most days - 5-6 times a week, since January - When I couldn't even make 25mts before flipping onto my back and gasping.
    My endurance has increased gradually over time and I now freestyle (crawl) 2.5kms (50 laps) in 5 sets of 10 laps continuously.

I am very pleased with my progress as I have always been a very lazy person in the past and seldom got out of a chair. :laugh:
    I use fins and snorkel but don't really bother with other strokes as I don't feel like it.

I'm glad I found this group because basically I l:heart: swimming!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, swam 2 miles today in 74 min.

Freestyle, going one direction I do an overhead stroke; coming back a crawl stroke.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Swam my usual 2.4 km IM but for the first time I had a waterproof stop watch with me!
    So for the workout, I timed in at 68 minutes.
    With the warm up laps where I'm swimming exclusively free style, the pace is much faster then drops off once I begin the IM sets!
    Will try and get the overall workout down to 60 min at least - wondering how long it will take me to achieve that!
  • Macstraw
    Options
    Great job, all!!!!!

250 free, 500 free, 1000 free, 5 x 200 I.M., 500 free, 5 x 100 I.M., 1000 free, 500 free, 250 free in 97 minutes......
  • cw106
    Options
    CW - after taking it easy for a couple of days the soreness will ease. You'll find as you do more that soreness will occur less frequently & will be less intense as you build strength in the triceps. Once the soreness goes away, push the speed again - just not quite as long. The more you do it the more you'll be able to

great advice ta.
    swam a mile today alternating breast/ front crawl.was about 10% slower but just easing back in.

a slow swim is better than no swim imo.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I swim most days - 5-6 times a week, since January - When I couldn't even make 25mts before flipping onto my back and gasping.
    My endurance has increased gradually over time and I now freestyle (crawl) 2.5kms (50 laps) in 5 sets of 10 laps continuously.

I am very pleased with my progress as I have always been a very lazy person in the past and seldom got out of a chair. :laugh:
    I use fins and snorkel but don't really bother with other strokes as I don't feel like it.

I'm glad I found this group because basically I l:heart: swimming!

Good job Roaring!
    Your efforts showing on the ticker too!!!
    :-)