2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Board is moving fast! I was off work yesterday and got in some running. I was sure last week that I was done for the rest of my pregnancy, but I felt good. I walked for about 5 minutes, did 6 minute run, 2 minute walk, 6 minute run, then walked about another 5. I would have done more but was strapped for time, so on the walk home I added in two more 4 minute run intervals so completed 20 total minutes. Very little lower abdomen pain, although my back was a little sore yesterday. Typically happens on my day off (even when I'm not prego) because I'm on the go all day. Sooo....not giving up on running yet. My wish is I can run for at least another month or so!

I didn't gain any weight this week for the first time in a while. I'm at 13.5 pounds gained at 21 weeks so okay with that. I've also eaten relatively well this week. So generally feeling good.

Shanber, awesome about your run! Sorry your mini partner backed out.

Hi Fluffy!

Beeps, hope you have fun and your back feels better. Yeah....I think you should lounge by the pool.:drinker:

Amy, I like the idea of daily topics, although I rarely check in over the weeeknd. Could serve as a guide if someone reminds us what the topic is. :smile: Looks like you're having a good week desptie the scale hiding.

Chloe, sorry work sucks. I HATE work stress. Luckily I have not had much lately.

That's all I see right now.

I brought a gym bag so plan on lifting at lunch. Have a great day ladies!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night I was headed to the gym but it was so nice out, I went home and ran around the lake. I felt a little stiff, though, not sure if it was lifting and running Monday or what...

I brought my bag today, will try to lift a bit before yoga...

Thursday-truth. I have no confessions:tongue:

Beeps, lounging at the pool sounds awesome. But today is rainy and cloudy and laying in bed sounds pretty good too...
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I like this idea of topic every day!

Thursday Truth: I hate running on the treadmill! This morning was torture. I only did two miles playing with speed, but it was still torture. The temps have dropped, so I am thinking I need to get outside after work at least one day a week while its still light out later.

Another truth-my life would be much easier if my single 40 year old boss would find a man!
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I also like the idea of topics everyday!

I've had a great week workout wise. Hit up the gym Monday and yesterday... did incline walking and leg strength on Monday and incline walking and arm/back strength yesterday. I also went to my prenatal yoga class on Tuesday. I plan on getting a swim in at the hotel pool tomorrow and lot's of walking (if possible) this weekend. It's supposed to be 90+ in So. Cal this weekend soooo we'll see how much walking I can actually handle.

Hi Fluffy!

Shanaber - Where do you live again? I think I might melt this weekend!!!

Beeps - Hope your back feels better and you can relax a bit. I'll be in San Diego on Saturday!

Better - Good for you on the running. I tried yesterday, and it was pretty hilarious. I literally thought I was going to pee my pants within a minute of running. :laugh:

Amy - Gotta take advantage of that good weather while we can. Are you guys supposed to be getting snow??

Chloe - Sorry work is annoying right now, mine is too.

Thursday Truth: I'm feeling really disappointed that I found stretch marks on my belly last night. Trying to keep things in perspective but... still annoyed.

Have a great day ladies! I'll be back on Tuesday :smile:
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Ram when are you due again?

I swore by Elastin3 when I was pregnant. Expensive but worth it.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I'm due November 20th, just hit the 30 week mark today. I don't know why I thought I'd escape them, I have them all over anyway... :laugh:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Truth Thursday: I ate a whole bag of candy corn/pumpkin mix in about a 72 hour time frame.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,957 Member
    Options
    Truth Thursday - i got nuthin'....well, I am not logging food this week, i guess that us "truth".

Ramalem, we leave saturday.

Had a great lifting workout today, again. Will wander around seaport village and grab lunch. Hubby should be back from conference around 2 today. Think we will water-taxi over to coronado abd see what is up! BOOM!
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!

I was off of work yesterday but feel even more tired afterwards LOL. So far this week has been going pretty well. Yesterday was nuts exercise wise. I got up (thank to the jack-hammering of the sidewalk at 7:30am) and lounged for an hour or so and then dragged my butt on the treadmill for a short 35 min workout to work on my speed (1 min 8:30 pace, 1 min fast walk, x14 reps). I was tired after that...sleep tired! I took a nice nap with hubby when he got home from work and was up again for running club. Thankfully it was only a 90 min run but we ran 3 miles down hill...aaaaand then 3 miles back up the hill to the cars. Let me tell ya...my goose was COOKED! Calories came in kinda high b/c of lunch date with hubby, even with a 1K exercise burn, I still only had about a 600 cal deficit. By the time I got home, all I wanted a coke (I really crave carbonated drinks after a run)...I had half a spring roll...I washed off the gnats that were stuck to me by the dozens and crawled into bed. Yeah, not exactly good for you after a run like that. I slept hard for an hour...and then laid there and tossed and turned till well after midnight and then woke up at 6 am exhausted :(

Today is a rest day...I don't think I could convince myself to do anything but rest. I have to make chili tonight so I think that is gonna take the little bit out of me that I have left.

Goals are going ok...as usual behind on smoothies and salads LOL.

Truth Thursday...I don't drink enough water...maybe 60oz a day (gasp)!

Time to get to work so the sooner I can go home :)
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Better: OMG I love love love candy corn!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I tried to go to Farmer's Market but I guess last week was the last one:sad: so I went to Wendy's:blushing: truth

Also, I am sure I have already confessed that I watch a lot A LOT of tv. Then I saw the results of the latest study that said the average american watches 8 hours per day of tv. Woo, I am below average:happy:
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I did it! First night in a while that I didn't eat after dinner!! :)
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Truth Thursday - I am almost 15 lbs over my goal weight and starting to panic! Some of that is from vacation bloat but I have got to get it off!

Kate - great job not eating after dinner!

Amy - I can't believe the 'average' is 8 hours per day! How do people have time to watch that much TV? I am way off the average on that one - 2-3 hours tops for me. I just have too many other things to do!

Ram - I live in Anaheim, not far from the Pond and Angel Stadium (I run along the river to where they are and it is around 4 miles).

Chel and Better - I too love candy corn and will NOT have it in my house because I am the only one who eats it and well someone HAS to if it is here, right?

Beeps - I hope you had a wonderful day at Coronado! Did you walk down the strand there? I bet it was beautiful!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Happy Friday! I'll get it started.....

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?)

My fitness regimine right now is:
    Lifting 1x/week
    60 minutes pilates/strength class 1x/week
    Run/walk pushing stroller 1x/week
    Yoga (it's a goal...doesn't always happen....)
    Walking on the weekends

I am planning on a nice long walk after work to prepare for the weekend. Temps are in the 70s and Eric is either golfing or happy houring after work. We have several festivals in the neighborhood planned for the weekend, so will be walking a lot. I love this time of year! And love that it feels like fall in KY!
  • fitnessqueeninnyc
    Options
    Morning Everyone... I'm new to the group and I would like to share my 2 week challenge goals...

1. Get consistent 5 day a week workouts
    2. Walk more on the weekends
    3. Keep drinking to only one day on the weekend

The last one I struggle with as that's what most people I'm around do on the weekend... Hoping to make this a habit and eventually part of my healthier lifestyle... I've been reading a bit through the thread and I have to say that I admire this group of ladies for keeping each other accountable and giving encouragement when you need it.. Kudos!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Amy - I thought I watched a lot of tv too but 8 hrs, wow, I guess I am below avg as well. I know I should read more, but tv is more relaxing & I can multi task & do other things

congrats fluffy on meeting one of your goals

shanaber - don't panic, just keep moving forward & taking steps to meet your goals

better - i also love this time of year, weather is getting cooler & fall foliage is right around the corner, can't wait!

welcome to the group fitness, good luck with your goals

Friday - Fitness - my weekly routine is currently running three times, 2 dance classes & a yoga class on Saturday, still trying to find a way to get some strength training mixed in, my schedule is super tight. Enjoy the weekend everyone!
  • fitnessqueeninnyc
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome Abigail... :) It's nice to have a good support group on this journey... I was just reading about your fitness schedule how to work in some strength training.. Might I suggest using one of your cardio days as a weights/lift day and seeing how that works? On the lift/weights day, you can adjust your diet accordingly to compensate your calories burn/consumption ratio or try carb cycling.... Just a suggestion.. :)
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am also new:
    1) drink more water
    2) walk more everyday
    3) start eating my homemade foods again (less processed)
    4) lift 3X/week on break at work (20+minutes)

my schedule is brutal so it is very hard to be consistant outside work hours. (single mom without any help)
    my daughter has soccer 5X-6X/week (i hope to get in a walk on the track while she is doing her practices). we have Navy Cadets Thursdays and Sundays 4hrs each day/evening plus the occational extra weekend event with the corp.work everyday and school everyday. we rarely see the house for more than 1hr at a time and usually right at 4PM and not home till after 8PM.
    looking for a bit of support and a place to vent on occation.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    I love fall, only if spring and summer came right after Christmas. I just dread the whole January-April time.

What am I doing to get fit?? My plan right now is:

3 days of Piyo- I believe this is really helping with my normal back issues I normally have.
    1-2 days on the dreadmill with speed intervals- this one is tough for me, but I want to make sure I keep up with running through the winter and its too dark in the morning now.
    Saturday morning run- at least 3 miles, I look forward to this every week
    1-2 spinning classes- this is new and I am loving it so far

My plan to get me through this weekend...

This weekend is going to be tough because its my brother in laws wedding. Tonight we have the rehearsal dinner at an Italian place, I will keep it as healthy as possible. Tomorrow I picked the fish option so thats not too bad. And I will get my run in. I'm not making any promises for Sunday as I am sure I will be exhausted.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    What am I doing to get fit...

3xs week lifting
    3xs week hill sprints
    walking at lunch
    1-2 3 mile runs

Weekend prep...enjoy myself, eat a little more than during the week, DON'T eat after dinner. Actually the emphasis should be on eat...because I will be having a few drinks. :)

Happy Friday, everyone!