Schwaggggggg

Options

Replies

• GrindGravel
    GrindGravel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    They are clinchers, aka just nicer/lighter wheels than what I had. Unless I start racing again, there is no way I am messing with sewups. (Well, if I picked up an old Team Miyata I'd go sewups for nostalgia.)
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My new wheels arrived! Price and weight were right, and now can train with power as well.

M7Z9w3Hl.jpg

Nice!! Williams make a very good wheel I think. I had them on my short list but went with the Boyd Altamont clinchers instead. Quite similar specs but the Boyd's have a wider rim profile that makes for a much more comfortable good handling ride.
  • GrindGravel
    GrindGravel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Williams makes a good wheel for the price and their customer service is top notch. Will hopefully see how they ride this weekend.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I'm now the proud owner of a set of these:

Schwalbe Ultremo Aqua's
    schwalbe_aqua_enhancefilename1.jpg

They will be being installed on my CX for the winter commute...

I'll let you know how they work out...

I got them from NextDayTyres; the cheapest I could find them (http://nextdaytyres.co.uk/details.aspx/SCHWALBE-ULTREMO-AQUA-ROAD-700/229)

:wink:
  • veloman21
    Options
    LeZyne Road Drive mini pump. This is a nifty little air pump that fits in nicely behind/adjacent to my bottle holder. Very nicely made from quality milled aluminium, it weighs a mere 94g. It has a flexible hose that pulls out of the body which makes attaching to the tyre valve so much easier. It's a high pressure pump, though it takes a bit of effort to get the tyre pumped up. I had no problem getting my tyre up to 120psi.

All in all a valuable bit of kit if you do long solo rides like I do. Highly recommended.

15269011631_ac7e681506_z.jpg
    15271761442_fe01495c93_z.jpg
    15249155146_e3b580d45e_z.jpg
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Rule #30 // No frame-mounted pumps.

Either Co2 cannisters or mini-pumps should be carried in jersey pockets (See Rule #31). The only exception to this rule is to mount a Silca brand frame pump in the rear triangle of the frame, with the rear wheel skewer as the pump mount nob, as demonstrated by members of the 7-Eleven and Ariostea pro cycling teams. As such, a frame pump mounted upside-down and along the left (skewer lever side) seat stay is both old skool and euro and thus acceptable. We restate at this time that said pump may under no circumstances be a Zefal and must be made by Silca. Said Silca pump must be fitted with a Campagnolo head. It is acceptable to gaffer-tape a mini-pump to your frame when no C02 cannisters are available and your pockets are full of spare kit and energy gels. However, the rider should expect to be stopped and questioned and may be required to empty pockets to prove there is no room in them for the pump.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Rule #30 // No frame-mounted pumps.

Either Co2 cannisters or mini-pumps should be carried in jersey pockets (See Rule #31). The only exception to this rule is to mount a Silca brand frame pump in the rear triangle of the frame, with the rear wheel skewer as the pump mount nob, as demonstrated by members of the 7-Eleven and Ariostea pro cycling teams. As such, a frame pump mounted upside-down and along the left (skewer lever side) seat stay is both old skool and euro and thus acceptable. We restate at this time that said pump may under no circumstances be a Zefal and must be made by Silca. Said Silca pump must be fitted with a Campagnolo head. It is acceptable to gaffer-tape a mini-pump to your frame when no C02 cannisters are available and your pockets are full of spare kit and energy gels. However, the rider should expect to be stopped and questioned and may be required to empty pockets to prove there is no room in them for the pump.

Cobblers. :smile:

I've got the Road Drive (the slightly longer/heavier version) on the Dolan. I take a couple of CO2 canisters with me, but the margin for error is minimal, you've 2 goes and that's it. I've nobody at home that I can call for a lift if it all goes tit's up - I could be looking at a 50 mile taxi ride at worst.

Plus, it's always handy to have a pump to hand in case you need to help someone else out.

Nope, I'm not down with the Velominati on this one.
  • derrickyoung
    derrickyoung Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Tired of doing local group rides with 26"x2.5" knobys i picked this up this week. It is just an Allez sport but looks like the previous owner really babied it and upgraded to full ultegra where the original spec had some Sora components. Right now I have my SPD pedals off my mountain bike on it but it came with Shimano 105 SPD-SL pedals.

Kind of torn on whether to buy another set of SPD or buy some road shoes.

a59e52f3-c243-4861-ad07-dda4338f0288_zps66ada0d7.jpg
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Get some road shoes & some yellow SPD SL (6° float) cleats would be my suggestion!
  • veloman21
    Options
    Cobblers. :smile:

I've got the Road Drive (the slightly longer/heavier version) on the Dolan. I take a couple of CO2 canisters with me, but the margin for error is minimal, you've 2 goes and that's it. I've nobody at home that I can call for a lift if it all goes tit's up - I could be looking at a 50 mile taxi ride at worst.

Plus, it's always handy to have a pump to hand in case you need to help someone else out.

Nope, I'm not down with the Velominati on this one.

LOL, amen brother Mark :smile:

I've actually had both of these scenarios happen to me. It might seem a bit Fred at first but when you're stranded in Deliverance country, 50 miles from home, you'll be happy to have one. And for the Velominati purist, the Road drive is small enough to put in your back pocket :smile:
  • derrickyoung
    Options
    60% off sale at my LBS netted me these today.

Asset_154900_zpsfd872913.jpg
  • cloggsy71
    Options

Oh yeah... Nice!

They ain't gonna miss you coming in those :wink:

Tres' cool!
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Two new Ultegra 6700 cassettes

15101232360_f2fca4665f.jpg

Both 12-30's

One for the CX & one for the roadie (if I'm going 'Climbing'!)

Just need a new chain now for the CX (KMC X10 SL) :wink:
  • veloman21
    Options
    Fresh off the back of the UPS truck :smile:

15104516838_899e424262_z.jpg
  • cdoesthehula
    cdoesthehula Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My new mountain bike to leave at work needs a stronger back wheel. It's fine now, but I will break it eventually.

I have just ordered a Deore hub, a mix of Sapim Race and Sapim Strong in the correct lengths and a Rigida Sputnik rim.

I will build it before the clocks go back. Next purchase will be a dynamo hub, so I can have lighting on my night rides when it's dark before I finish.
  • derrickyoung
    Options

Oh yeah... Nice!

They ain't gonna miss you coming in those :wink:

Tres' cool!

The guy at the LBS promised the colour was good for a 3 Mph increase in average ride speed. Actually it was last pair in my size so I did not have a choice but for 85.00 I will suffer through the odd joke.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    <--- I got my very first ride jersey this weekend. It's so purty. I worked hard for that thing.
  • veloman21
    Options
    Just installed Schwalbe One Tubeless tyres on my new Dura Ace rims. WOW!!!! this set up feels amazing. The combo roll effortlessly, are very comfy and feel really grippy. They spin up really well and climbing just became a bit easier too. On a local little hill which is about .3 miles long with average grade of 8%, I lowered my PR from 2:14 to 1:58 which is astonishing!! if they are as flat resistant as everyone says I'm going to be one happy camper and wondering why I waited so long to go tubeless!!

15137552998_6087ae8fd6_z.jpg

Mounted on my Dura Ace with my Boyd wheel in front for comparison

15320314185_0788619955_z.jpg
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    /\ Sounds very cool! :glasses:
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Embro anyone? :bigsmile:

10261040_656096994489043_1137027886_n_zps2e6fb3d5.jpg