Schwaggggggg

Options

Replies

• cdoesthehula
    cdoesthehula Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Sorry! Didn't mean to sound patronising - I'm not like this outside of forums!

I find it really annoying when I read about people who buy quite expensive wheels, have lots of spoke failures and end up going to pay to have the wheel "fixed" by bike shops. When I was in the trade I would have been embarrassed to have sold wheels that weren't at least checked before someone left with them.
  • GrindGravel
    GrindGravel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    98% done with the upgrades on my bike (just need new stem). It rode nice before, but rides, veeeeeerrrrry nice now. It's not that flashy, but a solid all around bike for the road.

siylAsil.jpg?1
  • CycleCarolina
    CycleCarolina Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    "Which bike?"
    Love the obsession.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Love the Wilier bikes. Which model is this? Also, what all did you do to it?
  • GrindGravel
    GrindGravel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It's an 2013 Izoard XP Ultegra, however, some of the parts were FSA OEM stuff, so I decided to replace that and the wheels.

What's New

Wheels: Williams S30/Powertap, Ultegra Cassette, Vittoria Open Corsa CX

Chain: Ultegra chain

Bars: FSA Wing Compact bars with Red Lizard Skin bartape.

Cranks/BB: Ultegra cranks and BB

Seat Post: Easton EC90 Carbon Seatpost

Seat: Fizik Antares VS (Had the X version with carbon rails, but had to return as it did not fit post)

Brakes: Ultegra brakes
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    ah, Wilier... love them "Viva l'Italia, liberato e redento"

Such a change from the typical Eponymous Company Names (Colnago, Pinarello, De Rosa, Cippolini, Fondriest and all the hundreds of others...
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Oooops - I may have just accidentally bought myself a Castelli Mortirolo Due Jacket for £99 (down from £175!!)

http://www.merlincycles.com/castelli-mortirolo-due-cycling-jacket-67209.html
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Nice mate... Which one?

13064_castelli_mortirolo_due_cycling_jacket.jpg

13065_castelli_mortirolo_due_cycling_jacket.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    13064_castelli_mortirolo_due_cycling_jacket.jpg

Black and White, the Licence is Cheaper :laugh:
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Mad Alchemy Punkin' Hunter socks.

orange-sock.jpg
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

orange-sock.jpg

:o They ain't going to miss you wearing them are they :lol:

• TheBigYin
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »

orange-sock.jpg

:o They ain't going to miss you wearing them are they :lol:

Compared to that luminous dog-vomit onesie that he was wearing in an earlier post, they're quite subdued...

• veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

orange-sock.jpg

Nice!! Defeet are made down the road from me and I ride with the owner quite frequently. Really love their wool socks for the winter time, in fact I may swing by the factory today and pick up a few pair :-)
  • TheBigYin
    edited October 2014
    Options
    15362269228_2fa3f94dbc_o.jpg
    Vittoria Cross XG Pro - new rubber for the CaadX #tubeless #cyclocross by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Going to be running them with tubes initially, still not 100% convinced that dropping 50 beer tokens on the Stans kit is going to be worthwhile in terms of weight saving/rolling resistance - main improvements as far as 'cross seems to be related to pinch puncture prevention and the ability to run at lower pressures for grip. Well - at 110kg+ low pressure is sort of a relative thing, even in terms of grip...
  • ntnunk
    Options
    Brown Santa stopped by and left me a present while I was out on my lunchtime training ride. This is going on the 'cross bike.
    fjfwhj86m1tu.jpg

• TheBigYin
    Options
    very nice, very spendy for the 'crosser as well... thought I was bad enough, sticking the stages on the CaadX for winter...
  • ntnunk
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    very nice, very spendy for the 'crosser as well... thought I was bad enough, sticking the stages on the CaadX for winter...
    My road bike has a Power2Max on it but I've been training primarily on the 'cross bike the last few weeks. Due to the proximity of a large park full of gravel roads to my office, my main training bike for the winter will probably continue to be the 'cross bike. Certainly my main weekday training bike will be. That all being the case, I figured I'd just go ahead and get a PM for it so I can move away from having to do a lot of my workouts based on Heart Rate.

Oh, and I like toys. :smile:

• TheBigYin
    Options
    It's one of the reasons I got the Stages TBH - as long as I'm running some form of hollowtech II road cranks on my bikes (in a 172.5mm) then I can just swap the non-drive crank from one machine to the other. The Stages is pretty much embalmed in helicopter tape to prevent rubbing/scratching from road grit/mud/my occasionally wobbly pedalling stroke when offroad.

Probably not going to help if I decide to treat myself to the DeRosa I've been promising myself if I ever get to my target weight, as I'm damned if I'm going to put anything other than Campag on a thoroughbred italian frame.
  • ntnunk
    Options
    Yeah, that's me and the Bianchi Oltre I will eventually get. Gonna have to be Campy all the way.
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Nice!! Any reason why you went with the Quarq over another P2M?