Schwaggggggg

Options

Replies

• ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    veloman21 wrote: »
    Nice!! Any reason why you went with the Quarq over another P2M?
    Mostly compatibility. I'm very happy with my P2M but the versions that support my Ridley's PF30 BB without an adapter are just as or more expensive that what I got the Quarq for. And all the ones in the same price range had aluminum crank arms vs. the Quarq carbon arms.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    cloggsy71 wrote: »
    Mad Alchemy Punkin' Hunter socks.

orange-sock.jpg

:o They ain't going to miss you wearing them are they :lol:

Compared to that luminous dog-vomit onesie that he was wearing in an earlier post, they're quite subdued...

The Jackalope is not amused...but I am... :p

l6avystd1xk1.png

• ntnunk
    Options
    You should warn people before posting pics of those pink socks. I think my retinas are permanently scarred... :smile:
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    ntnunk wrote: »
    You should warn people before posting pics of those pink socks. I think my retinas are permanently scarred... :smile:

Pepto pink...That's my jam yo.

• derrickyoung
    derrickyoung Posts: 136 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    larArhoypZp6KqHZ.jpg
    Vittoria%20Zaffiro%20%20Pro.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    wish my trainer specific tyre was one of the bright ones - I ordered a Continental one (which was advertised as being bright Orange) but they shipped the black one. I run a spare wheel for on the trainer, and it has been known for me to set off for a ride outside with the trainer wheel still in in because I haven't noticed. I never get very far though, the hard compound trainer tyre invariably loses grip on the first corner (within 20 yards of the door) and I go back and swap it, but It would be so much easier if the tyre was the bright orange one...
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    larArhoypZp6KqHZ.jpg
    Vittoria%20Zaffiro%20%20Pro.jpg

I've used one of these in the past, but it didn't last too long (from memory?) I tend to use the bright blue Schwalbe 'Insider' tyres on my turbo...

• derrickyoung
    derrickyoung Posts: 136 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My Selection was pretty limited. Most the local bike shops around here are closing at 5 or 6 though the week. There is a larger Ski and Bike Chain that is open till 9:00 so I managed to stop there last night. Being the ramp up to ski season here I had a vast selection of Skis, Snowboards and winter parkas to choose from but to get a trainer tire required someone to go rooting through the service department for me. It was the only one he came back with.

The red does look pretty good though....

Now that I have it I will order online for the next. My existing real was wearing pretty fast on the trainer and just wanted to switch it out before I needed to buy 2 tires.

Anyone have any experience on the Rock n Roll?

• ntnunk
    Options
    No experience on the Rock n Roll specifically but I've got TONS of miles on the Road Machine which has the same resistance unit. I've put my Road Machine through the ringer and it's a beast. Kurt trainers are built like tanks and their customer support is awesome.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    BOOM!!!!

Mad Alchemy!!!

5ht2n14yki0e.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    lovely - did you get them to match your Eyes ??
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    It's Castelli-fest at my house today. UPS guy just dropped off a Gabba convertible jacket, a Fawesome vest and a pair of bib knickers. Just in time for the cold weather headed our way!!

1v7hmlr5ful5.jpg
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    ^ Nice.
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    lovely - did you get them to match your Eyes ??

Jealous much? :p
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    It's Castelli-fest at my house today. UPS guy just dropped off a Gabba convertible jacket, a Fawesome vest and a pair of bib knickers. Just in time for the cold weather headed our way!!

Nice!

• TheBigYin
    Options

Got to love the Scorpione Rossa :) - seriously considering the L/S Gabba as my "commercialmas pressie to self" but need to find somewhere that has them in stock to try on... I think i'm just between XXXL and XXL at the moment, and I could do with trying the XXL gabba to see if theres enough "give" to wear it over a decent winter weight l/s jersey
    or if it'd be a base layer only proposition this year... If it's too tight, I'll hold off purchase this year, because... well... you don't spend that much money for a jersey for one winter, do you?
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Mark, I bought the XXL. I have a 43 inch chest and a 34 inch waist and have reasonably muscular shoulders and arms. It is a tight, body hugging fit but is fairly stretchy. I reckon I could get one thin base layer under it but that's all. Castelli sizes seem to be much smaller than other brands. I really like the way the sleeves zip off at the shoulders but still leave you with short sleeve coverage.

Also just saw some info on their Alpha jacket. Looks interesting though pricey :-(
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I've loads of Castelli kit - I'm certainly a XXXL in their shirts, but the jackets (like the Mortirolo Due I mentioned last page) is definitely a more relaxed fit - it's fine over a thin base layer AND a roubaix l/s jersey (if needed - it'd have to be fecking perishing to need that on a ride though!), but the Gabba (2013 s/s XXXL version) I've got seems to be sort of half-way between the two in terms of fit, so I really want to try it before I buy...
  • ntnunk
    Options
    Nice pile o' kit! I definitely need to beef up my cold weather gear collection.
  • ntnunk
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Some new rubber arrived for the 'cross bike just in time for the weekend's races. I guess I'll be swapping tires while watching Hockey this evening.

t5edoftgkkpo.jpg