Intermediate Team Chat Board

Options

Replies

• DancingWildernessWarrior
    Options
    Good eeevening zombie daarlings. My name is Chantal, I am a huge fan of the Walking Dead and I am really looking forward to doing this challenge.

I am on team Darryl as well for the obvious, he is hot and bad-*kitten*! :wink: I would love to try doing cross bow one day too!

Any Intermediate team Darryl's out there please add me! Looking forward to teaming up! :smiley:

Cheers,
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    COUNTING DOWN!! :) Just gotta get through 3.5 more days!!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Yes - super excited to begin this challenge!
  • Domestic_Hippie
    Domestic_Hippie Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi team! I am super excited to get going on this challenge! I did the original zombie challenge and had a blast. I have been away from mfp for about a year because I had to have surgery to remove cancer (thyroid). Since then I have battled with trying to not only lose weight, but just not gain. I have finally got the help of a doctor and we are hoping we have found an answer and diet that should work :)

My name is Teascha (yes that's my real name haha). I am 26, married for 9 1/2 years with three fantastic children! I had previously lost 65 pounds, but after my surgery I gained about 40 pounds in a little over two months. I also had a complete hysterectomy three years ago that threw me into menopause which made weight loss harder too. I am in this to work hard and definitely won't let the team down :) Feel free to add me!

My goal for this challenge is to lose at least 10 pounds. I picked team Daryl.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Cindy and I'm on Team Carol. A little nervous about that, because based on some early threads it looks like that team got really tight and I don't want to feel like I'm trying to break into a conversation you know? I'm probably being silly. :)

Anyway, I'm 45 and just about at my goal weight, so my goal for this challenge is 1) not to quit and 2) to increase my strength training and make some progress. I do 4 days a week of bodyweight training with light cardio worked in, and 2 days of running about 4-4.5 miles per session. I'd like to see some of my bodyweight exercises progress to harder versions. I'm following the "You Are Your Own Gym" program using the app.

I've never been able to stick it out for a full challenge because they almost always involve weight checkins, and I'm not really losing weight right now. My body is changing a lot though, and I would get discouraged when checking in with all these "lost 2 pounds", "lost 3 pounds" alongside me. I like that this challenge can be focused on other goals than the scale.

Anyway, happy to be here! Yay!
  • luckygohappy
    luckygohappy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I take an Iron pill daily (as long as I remember)... I also take Levothyroxine which I have to space out at least 4 hours from my iron supplement so I tend to forget the Iron every once in a while.. as for lean protein, I am all about that! When I watch what I eat I make sure protein and fiber are at the correct amounts.

Oh, I hear you! I have to separate thyroid meds, calcium, and multivitamin (high in iron) all by at least 4 hours, and it's a pain!! (And probably why I keep getting calf cramps :\ )
    knitapeace wrote: »
    I've never been able to stick it out for a full challenge because they almost always involve weight checkins, and I'm not really losing weight right now. My body is changing a lot though, and I would get discouraged when checking in with all these "lost 2 pounds", "lost 3 pounds" alongside me. I like that this challenge can be focused on other goals than the scale.

Don't worry, I'm not exactly looking to lose weight right now, and I can promise you won't see any "lost 2 pounds" posts from me during this challenge ;)
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,589 Member
    Options
    who is all ready for sunday? I know I am. I can't wait
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Hi team! I am super excited to get going on this challenge!

Yay! Another zombie slaughtering hippie!

• castandcrew
    Options
    Hey guys! I am TEAM DARYL all the way ('cause hellllllllllllllllloooooo, if ya know what I mean!) - 28, might-as-well-be-married, no kids except for a GSD and a border collie. I'm looking forwards to gearing up on starting a GOOD fitness habit, hopefully through this challenge!
  • photochik71
    photochik71 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Jennwa wrote: »

I am on team Darryl...well because he's hot :smile:

I can't think of a better reason! :p

• strangewebby
    Options
    Hello all! This is my first time joining a group or challenge (I hope I signed up correctly). Can any of the veterans out there give me a heads up of what I can look forward to?
  • iwantmydenimback
    iwantmydenimback Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    hi all! i'm leslie, 26, just finished an MA in art history and am currently interning at my dream job. i'm also working a full time office job with a 1.5 hour+ one-way commute for the first time and really need to figure out how to survive within those parameters.

i just signed up for a membership at the fitness center on campus and i'll be there after work 4-5 days a week - i have every other friday off so some weeks i'll have 2 rest days and some weeks 3.

is anyone else unsure how to do 'minutes' of strength training? i do my strength in sets x reps and sometimes it takes longer than others depending on how hard the exercise is and how long i rest. i'm totally in the advanced category for cardio but i'm not sure how i'm going to do with strength, so it will be a challenge!

feel free to add me, i'm looking forward to this. also carol <33
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    ...is anyone else unsure how to do 'minutes' of strength training? i do my strength in sets x reps and sometimes it takes longer than others depending on how hard the exercise is and how long i rest. i'm totally in the advanced category for cardio but i'm not sure how i'm going to do with strength, so it will be a challenge! .....

You're right. Strength minutes are a lot harder to track. Not quite as straight forward as cardio. The best we can do is to keep half decent estimates.
  • Gambrell104
    Gambrell104 Posts: 282 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    >:) I am soo excited!
  • photochik71
    photochik71 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    One more day! <3
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm weightliftingdiva. I weigh in at 196.8 lbs, and about 5'6.5". I'm a 21 year old senior in college (gulp). Over the past two years, I've lost about 18 pounds (I know, I'm a slow mover!) My problem with calories is that I always have the "well, I can restart tomorrow" mindset... while I'm stuffing my face with things I didn't budget for.

I find that when I exercise I have a lot better control over my calories. I am on week 4 of c25k, and I would like to start back up with strong lifts for my strength training. My goal is to be in the 160s, and then assess what I need to do from there.

I LOVE The Walking Dead. I can't wait to have fun getting fit and watching TV with you all! Team Carol!
  • whomoovedmydonut
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a donut and coffee loving Aussie joining the challenge for the first time. Thank goodness for 'express from the U.S.' tv or I'd be too far behind to join in :) I have no idea what I'm in for but looking forward to it. Team Abraham FTW!
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    T Minus 8.5 hours.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Good morning Intermediate Team! Today is the official first day of the challenge. The challenge won't be posted until morning, but as I mentioned before, we're going to start light with a minimum of 80 minutes of cardio and 50 strength this week and of course you will also get points for keeping within your calorie goals. And there will also be character related tasks based on the show posted with the challenge in the morning.

However, there will be no punishment exercises until next week when we announce our first winning team. There was an overall winning team last season who were promised a special secret power to be revealed this season. That team was Carol and the power will be revealed in the morning on the challenge board and will benefit all the returning members who were on team Carol last season.

So, enjoy the show tonight everyone! And Happy Thanksgiving to any fellow Canadians. I am doing my turkey today so you should see lots of turkey related meals in my diary for the next three or four days.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Yea - I finally figured out how to get on the board thru my phone. If you haven't already please add me as a friend because it's much easier to see news feeds in my phone in the app and I want to keep up. I'm taking it any cardio/ weight training we do today can count toward our goals? So ready for both the season and the challenge!